Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

RESOLUTION FOR U.S. INVOLVEMENT IN SOMALIA

Castro   

Originally posted by Khalaf:

if not then bow down to Uncle Sam.

We don't have to "bow down" to Uncle Sam but we can lie down with him. It's in our interest that the US be engaged in Somalia. It will bring stability and foreign investment. What do we have to give in return? I'd say if we can keep our faith and our dignity, we can share everything else.

STOIC   

There are lessons to be learned from the past in which America was unable to restore peace in Somalia. I personally would love to see American imperialistic ambition extended to Somalia. Warlords and clan based leaders remains the only threat of Somalia. The American invasion should be motivated by restoration of peace in a lawless country. While the conduct and record of America should be suspiciously guarded in a sovereign nation, but it is not an important issue when you have a country that is being washed by ignorance. It is not a secret that America envisions itself as the major revolutionary nation. I wholeheartedly support their invasion of that wretched land called Somalia to restore normality. Time to export America limitation of sovereignty to Somalia. I am thankful that Senators count on a Somalis vote.

ElPunto   

^Damn! You guys sound like Ahmed Chalabi and the INC. And what a bunch of smarty pants pronogsticators they turned out to be

Khayr   

Originally posted by STOIC:

There are lessons to be learned from the past in which America was unable to restore peace in Somalia. I personally would love to see American imperialistic ambition extended to Somalia. Warlords and clan based leaders remains the only threat of Somalia. The American invasion should be motivated by restoration of peace in a lawless country. While the conduct and record of America should be suspiciously guarded in a sovereign nation, but it is not an important issue when you have a country that is being washed by ignorance. It is not a secret that America envisions itself as the major revolutionary nation. I wholeheartedly support their invasion of that wretched land called Somalia to restore normality. Time to export America limitation of sovereignty to Somalia. I am thankful that Senators count on a Somalis vote.

Saxib,

When did you stop eating laaxox and shax for breakfast and started eating bacon and eggs? :D

Do you also support the campaign against 'mexican workers'? ;)

^^Bisinka , waxay bacon-ka aad sheegaysaa.

Better a mouse in the pot than no meat at all, eh?

Adeer Stoic-ow, remember what they did in Mogadishu? Frankly, all i would like America do is to leave us alone by not arming the warlords, and by telling these stinking Etiopians to steer away from our internal affairs, and also by not encouraging any seccesionist to secede.

If they just do that it would be great, me thinks.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Adeer Stoic-ow, remember what they did in Mogadishu? Frankly, all i would like America do is to leave us alone by not arming the warlords, and by telling these stinking Etiopians to steer away from our internal affairs, and also by not encouraging any seccesionist to secede.

If they just do that it would be great, me thinks.

HEAR, HEAR!!

STOIC   

Do we not find raw ethnic violence there? Let your understanding of Somali politics not be clouded by your suspicion of American ambition. Great powers are the ones that suppose to regard each other with suspicion. What does Somalia has to be scared for? There is no danger to anticipate from the great power for now when we can’t even get our acts together. You might be scared to fall victim to American aggression, but I am telling you that the warlords and clan leaders are the worst.The suffering and the killings of Somalia are the doings of these so-called tribal leaders. Violence and mayhem becomes the characteristics of our people. No one is there to stop it. We can have a temporary marriage of convenience with these superpowers and may be convince them to leave us alone after we start acting like a descent people. Even if America will not be a genuine supporter of our cause (insert conspiracy theory here) we will still gain collectively from the restoration of normality.

PS Kheyr....Waar xaaget ilaatay :D

^^I do understand where you're coming from, saaxiib. But perhaps you need to know that Uncle Sam is no poor man's friend. Never been. But I agree with you on the fact that Somali vote is begining to have influence on the congress is a good sign .

Castro   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

and by telling these stinking Etiopians to steer away from our internal affairs

Yac dhe Xiinow. Atheer that's an unfair labeling of a people (60% Muslim, no less). Totally unbecoming Xiin. icon_razz.gif

Castrow, i admire your detective work and although 'Ethiopians' implicitly mean those fanatics in the highland, nevertheless yours is a valid point. Laakiin afkaa i cun-cunayee what's the good (fitting) word to use :D ?

Nimanku qarnigaanba waa na shiddeynayeen adeer.

Castro   

^ I'd call them our irritating and troublesome neighbors to the west. It describes how annoyed we are with them without insulting them.

No detective work atheer. It's just that when I was a kid in the late 70's in Muqdisho, other kids in the neighborhood would have these little songs about how the Ethiopians were "dirty" and "garbage" and I thought it was terrible to say that. Sure we were at war with them but the whole calling your enemy names just didn't feel right to me at the time. I later learned that it dehumanized them and, in turn, us.

Castro   

Soft indeed. Xabash is what they call themselves so if it's ok by them I guess it's ok for you to use. Unless this a case of a white dude overhearing blacks lovingly calling each other "nigga" only to lose an eye when he does the same. :D