Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Nairobi: President Faroole meeting with US official: PICS

said to me
"waaaar dee, dadku ha is bartee, ma koonfur baad ahayd mise waqooyi?".
I didn't mince my words. I said,
"waan fahmay. adigu rer-midnimo-diid yaad ka tahay"
He said he is from those who
"enter the sand",
Buuba's sub-clan.

That was quite poetic..

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tolka:

Indeed, Rer-midnimo-diid will wake up from the perpetual false dawn of elusive recognition.

The Hargeisa-Berbera-burco triangle shall get rid of the tribal tendencies which has been their hallmark.

I have looked for a somali man who was said to be a big man in Windhock, Namibia for over three hours. All just because I was happy to meet one of our own. And guess what happened: afer the first greeting, the big man ( who is married to a lady from Sam Nyouma's family and is rich) said to me "waaaar dee, dadku ha is bartee, ma koonfur baad ahayd mise waqooyi?". I didn't mince my words. I said, "waan fahmay. adigu rer-midnimo-diid yaad ka tahay" He said he is from those who "enter the sand", Buuba's sub-clan.

Another one I met in a place where you will be happy to have an Ethiopian as one of your own, asked me, "gobolkeed ku dhalatay"as the first question. Again, knowing this can come from ONLY one part of the country (the triangle), I asked "which sub-clan of the I are you from?"

Coming from a man who supports a group calling itself by a clan name. Simply priceless...

AT, try not to get caught in the collateral damage. Today was not a good day for those who hail from the corner of the 7, if you get the drift.

Abtigiis   

A group with a clan name but not fighting any somali clan! add that too.

BTW in case you think I am here in defence of Faroole and et al, you are wrong. Faroole is a pseudo-nationalist with deep clannish mind.

Why do you pretend, AT, as if you don't know your neighbors, in-laws, inabtiyaal, etc, from Gashaamo,Jigjiga, Awaare, and predominating in Somaliland?

You're too old and well-learned to not know the history of how they believed the deepest in Somaliweyn and the aftermath of what happened? They fought for you, had their cities airbombed by the Ethiopians, lobbied for you all over the capitals of the world since they predominated in the Foreign Service at the time, etc. And you know how they were repaid. Must we rehash this every time?

So I think they've earned the right to ask you who you are... It's another way of saying let's put our cards on the table from the get go! It sure beats the knife in the back that your cousins in Garowe just pulled on you, not to mention Afweyne's pawning of the rights to your land (which will come back to haunt all Somalis, by the way) in order to settle scores with the SNM. Where was the outrage when the honorable Mr.Barre was committing those acts?

All in all, we're willing to let bygones be bygones. We are far too interdependent, you and I, to stay angry and isolated from each other for far too long. That's the reality of our situation!

Anyway, Berbera is now officially open for trade, REAL TRADE, not little dhows that will smuggle your fat livestock to Yemen at a quarter the price :D

So I await your caravan from the hinterland and we will go back to our ancient codependency.....

^Waxaase yaab,ah Soomaaligalbeed other neighbors malaha, reer abtiyaal kale malaha miyaa :D

Reminds of this guy who argued the reason Sool should be part of Somaliland is cuz the extensive relationships they share with their brothers to the west as if the same relationships don't exist across the border to the east and south.

That said, we shouldn't forget those who gave their lives in defending and trying to liberate Somalia.