Sign in to follow this  
Jaber

I have a question?

Jaber   

Ever since 9/1/1 and some of my fellow wrokers are more and more interested in learning about Islam, demanding I teach'em(which is a good thing),but,I gave'em all the books I had concerning our faith except for the holy book"Quran".So I told'em am going to get enough Qurans from the local mosque,you'll ask whats wrong with doing that,here's where my problem is."They" want to go with me to the masaajid to see what a masjid looks like!

I resisted,not knowing if its permitted to take a gaal person to ALLAH's house!...at the same time I didn't wanna send the wrong signal and demonstrate this "intolerant-Muslim" the U.S. media paints us muslims with.

Shall I take "them",or shouldn't I take "them"??!.........Simply,what would you do if you were in my case??

Isra   

Salam

Sorry i cant give u any expert opoinon.But islam is a tolerant religon.I would take them

I would want them to learn about my religon so they cant have hatered grow in them from ignorance.So thats what i would have done.I dont think its Haram to bring a non believer to the masjid if this person respects our laws and is there for purely gaining knowlegde.

Peace

Salaan...

Jaabir:

Please, take them to there. Remember, though it is not convenience to take a gaal to a masaajid, that is at least a good sign to show them the reality of Islaam.

And please, also, tell them to be clean that day you are taking them to the masaajid. Providing that they should wear clean clothes, have a clean body, and of course, a clean mind. Yacni, daahir lee. U sheeg 'clean' ma'aha waxaa kaliin u taqaniin ee waxaa waaye dheh daahirnimo oo kii nijaas ah oo kaadidiis maalintaa iska dhaqin iyo wixii saas camal ah.

Intaas lee.

Macsalaama!!

Hibo   

Asalaamu Calaykum Wr Wb,

Jaber, mashallah and Allah reward you immensely for your actions, Inshallah it is with good intention.

As for your question, i hope this helps, i got it from www.islam-qa.com:

Question:

What is the ruling on non-Muslims entering the mosque?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

It is forbidden for Muslims to allow any kaafir to enter al-Masjid al-Haraam [in Makkah] and the sacred areas [al-Haram] around it, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Verily, the Mushrikûn (polytheists) are Najasun (impure). So let them not come near Al-Masjid Al-Harâm (at Makkah) after this year” [al-Tawbah 9:28].

With regard to other mosques, some fuqaha’ said that it is permissible because there is nothing to indicate that it is not allowed; others said that it is not permissible, by analogy with al-Masjid al-Haraam.

The correct view is that it is permissible if it serves the interests of sharee’ah or meet a valid need, such as a person hearing something that may invite him to enter Islam, or because he needs to drink water in the mosque, or the like. This is because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) tied up (his prisoner) Thamaamah ibn Athaal al-Hanafi in the mosque before he became Muslim, and the delegations of Thaqeef and the Christians of Najraan stayed in the mosque before they became Muslim. There were many benefits offered by doing this: they could hear the speeches and sermons of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), see people praying and reciting Qur’aan, and other benefits that are gained by those who visit the mosque. (From Fatawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 6/276).

If some kuffaar ask to enter the mosque so that they can see how Muslims pray, so long as they have nothing with them that could make the mosque dirty, and there are no women among them who are dressed in a provocative fashion, or any other reason not to let them in, then there is nothing wrong with allowing them to enter and sit behind the Muslims so they can see how they pray. If we fear that there is someone who may rebuke them (for not praying etc.) without realizing that they are not Muslim, we should point this out to them.

And Allaah knows best.

As for the speaking on issues without the knowledge, i ask all the brothers and sisters and begin with myself to be very careful of this. In future inshallah i think daleels (proofs) would be very beneficial.

O Allah! Profit me that which Thou hast taught me, and teach me that which will profit me, and increase me in knowledge. Praise be to Allah in every state! And I seek refuge in Allah from the estate of the dwellers in the fire.

unixguru   

take them bro. Its for the better. People at my local masjid always bring gaals. And i have never heard anyone say there was anything wrong with it smile.gif so bring themm

I don' know diin-wise what you should do about it but Personally I think It's OK! Who knows it, Maybe they will see Islam as it's A Beautiful religion and become Muslims themselves?

Ma'salaama

lulla   

I think there u should of course take them.If they want to learn about the religion that's great thing.And anyway the people in the Masijed should wlc anyone who wants to know about the muslim religion.

Abdinuur   

Go for it JABER. Absolutely man!!!

I agree with Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar and everyone else, though I wouldn't speak to 'em in Somali that Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar wrote smile.gif

It's a good sign to see people wantin' to go the Mosque and willin' to learn somethin' about Islam.

Check this verse that says Allah will be pleased wit 'em.

{9:100} And (as for) the foremost, the first of the Muhajirs and the Ansars, and those who followed them in goodness, Allah is well pleased with them and they are well pleased with Him, and He has prepared for them gardens beneath which rivers flow, to abide in them for ever; that is the mighty achievement.

Hibo   

asalaamu caleekum.

walaal suashii aad na soo waydiisay kolee dad badan baa ka jawaabay aniga waxaan oran lahaa walaal hadii uu gaalka doonaya diinta wax oga sheeg soona tus masaajidka lakiin wax badan ha dhex fariisin kolee dahir mahan ee.

waxaan kale oo waran lahaa walaahayga nomadka in aad kuligiinba isku daydaan sidii aan diinteena sharafta leh u fidin lahayn madama ay sanadkaan wax yaaaba badan oo muslimka ku saabsan laga soo daayo t.v.

isku daya in aad soo saarta wanaaga diinteena.

hada ha iloobin in aad geelii raacdaan.

asalaamu caleekum.

Salaan...

C/nuur:

Hey, man, I didn't say you 'should' speak to them in Soomaali. smile.gif I wrote it in Soomaali doesn't mean you should speak to them in Soomaali. Com' on. Who would anyway understand it--the Soomaali since they aren't Soomaali. smile.gif

Macsalaama!!

Salama, yes it is permisible to take a mushrik to the masjid i guess that what Gall means, this is from the hadith where the bedouin arab came to the masjid and the prophet allowed him. The bedouin even urinated in the masjid. The Masjid is the house of Allah and it is not permisible for a muslim to decide who should or should not come to the house of Allah, in the case of the haram sherif that is different as Allah commanded for it to be cleansed from mushrik.

So yes take him to the masjid. oh one thing, he is allowed to pray in the same Saf as well however he has to be to the end of the saf and told before if someone comes late to join that he has to move. he always has to be on the end, this is because if he is between two muslims it is as if the Saf is broken. same for if there are multiply safs, he should be in the last one, to the end of that saf.