Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Looters, warlords, clan court defeat = peace after 17 years

Nephthys....You are being a lit emotional. Being able to walk in Xamar freely is beside the point. For some people, Xamar was the embodiment of evil where old women were and young boys were not even spared. It is hard undo the damages done by the civil war, unfortunately that was one of the things the courts failed to appreciate. Of course, all this doesn't jusfify the atrocities being committed against women and children, but it does explain why the detachment and lack of empathy from quarters of Somalia

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Reason is leaving some people here wallaahi!

If you genuinely don’t understand why some of Mohamed Dheere’s folks are celebrating for the demise of their brethren or the majority of the folks of Puntland are siding with the old man and resorting to ally themselves with Ethiopia then you have indeed failed to grasp the magnitude of our civil war! No wonder Ethiopia has/will have an easier time manipulating us and killing us right and left!

It’s really disappointing to see some here spinning Baashi’s genuine statement and associate him with clan rubbish he has nothing to do with!

Waryaada ka weynaada xag-xagashada iyo tuhunka...

Reminds me of that nice white guy who makes a sensitive racist statement...and all he says is I am not a racist,i have black freinds

While,i agree that Baashi may have a point, the language he used to explain himself was really uncalled for.

Allow somali usahal...

NGONGE   

^^ I'd make a Baashi related Nintendo joke at this point but I somehow know it will offend you. Still, I'll play it safe and declare that your anger with Baashi's words is indeed understandable. :D

This is what Baashi wrote, Faarax!

Originally posted by Baashi:

People don't mind Duke. He is political activist who roots for his idol Col. Inna Yussuf. He is not alone. There are many folks in this section whose loyalty to their
xaafad
is as solid as Duke's.

What is happening in Benadir today is no different from what happened to some segment of Benadir residents in early ninties. In some way that was worse for the tribal expulsion as some called had been carried out by neighbors of the victims. Duke and folks who share his view have not forgotten that event and their lack of sympathy is understandable.

Now I am amused to put it mildly by the doublespeak of some folks here. Their hypocracy knows no bound. Their dislike of TFG (politically and tribally speaking) trump their love of country and their faith in Islam. It comes across the screen.

Carry on fellas ur cyber waranle as Liqaye would say have been noted.

Putting the feeble tuhun aside, I am unable to glean Baashi’s alleged clannish tilt from this passage! So please help me here what part of Baashi’s write up you are disputing? That Duke roots for his idol? That Duke is not the only one doing this type of cheering in these boards? That similar tragedy with a profound effect occurred in nineties, and for sizeble Somalis that clamaty's memories still lingers in thier mind? Or that one can understand all of those things?

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ I'd make a Baashi related Nintendo joke at this point but I somehow know it will offend you. Still, I'll play it safe and declare that your anger with Baashi's words is indeed
understandable
:D

Hehe...I am not angry with Baashi, I just dont buy his impartiality that he promotes day in day out. smile.gif

What is happening in Benadir today is no different from what happened to some segment of Benadir residents in early ninties. In some way that was worse for the tribal expulsion as some called had been carried out by neighbors of the victims. Duke and folks who share his view have not forgotten that event and
their lack of sympathy is understandable

Xiin,Adeer,The key word here is "UNDERSTANDABLE" What is understandble about death,destruction & displacement of Somalis? What exactly does he understand? his xaasidnimo?,his grudgde? His,wish to revenge on innocent Somalis,who had nothing to do with the 90s? What exactly,is this understanding? Dee haa sheego.

Waxi dhaceen waa dhaceen,ilees,saying that peace has finally arrived because a clan has fled away from Hamar,is just,sadistic and really unsomali.

Dee ina adeer,lets not play semantics here,I see where Duke is coming from,he is angry and he hates qabil hebel,Waa wax la gartay,its Duke ok for heavans sake. Laakin,Bashi waa ninkan malin waliba inta la taagan Somali waa mid etc etc...So what exactly is his understanding of Duke's sadistic anger?

Moreover,the very same ppl who were responsible for the 90s are the same people who are now in support of this government.

I am not saying Baashi is qabiliste or anything,I am just saying that this particular statement was really a slip,Lets not go over board on this,lets Call a spade a spade. smile.gif

NGONGE   

FB, but is it not understandable that someone who is very bitter would find pleasure in the pain of those he regards as his opponents? He's saying that Duke and others still feel bitter about the events of the early 90s and (for that reason) he understands why. I don't think understanding equals acceptance at this point.

Push him a little further though, you may yet reveal it is so (not that I'm implying anything here).

ElPunto   

Reminds me of workshop I took about having a healthy dialogue. The starting point was always to stick to observable facts and to guard against interpretation. And then to seek interpretation afterward.

That is to say:

Observable fact - I see you picked up my wallet off the floor.

Interpretation - Why are you stealing my wallet.

It seems folks are doing a helluva lot of interpreting rather than just considering facts and then seeking clarification.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

FB, but is it not understandable that someone who is very bitter would find pleasure in the pain of those he regards as his opponents? He's saying that Duke and others still feel bitter about the events of the early 90s and (for that reason) he understands why. I don't think understanding equals acceptance at this point.

Push him a little further though, you may yet reveal it is so (not that I'm implying anything here).

It doesnt equate accepting granted. You are giving him the benefit of the doubt,I am not. smile.gif

I am questioning why he did not denounce it...becoz he has been preaching tolerance for 100 sol years. Any sensible person(and i always regard Bashi as sensible),should at least condemn this then one can rationalize the sadistic nature of the cheerleading choir.

Listen yaa Faarax, soomaali waa isdishey. weliba si xun oo fool xun bay isku dishay! in qaarkood weli ciil qabaan is understandbale in my books! Ninkaa that proposition la yimaada majliskan in lagu soo yaacaa waa pretense!

I presume the pronoun ‘his’ refers to Duke, and not Baashi! And in that verse, Duke is not alone in having this attitude. It's widespread in some most somali circles. If you didn't udnerstand it already you need to understand it now. For if we understand it, we can at least talk about it and discuss it in a genuene manner! You have to understand the root cause of our tragedy: injustices commited against innocent somalis in the name of qabiil iyo cuqdad! It manifested in Hargaysa in eighties, in xamar in ninties, and it continues in xamar as we speak! One cant dismiss it or explain it away. I think Xoogsade has it right when he implied inaan najjaaso najjaaso kale lagu dhahirin!

Ninka ciilka qaba waxaa ku filan, waxaa ka maqan waa dawlad caadil ehe ee dad la laayey waxba kuu tari mayso. Tangiga amxaarka ee hadda wax laynayyana kii reerkiinna maahe ee dawlad baa leh inay berri tuulooyinkiinna la aadana waa suura gal ee wax la har!

Golaha Dhaqanka iyo Midnimada ******* as long as we have this type of organizations we will never have peace. Which dhaqan and midnimo are they talking about? Will they just fight for the rights of their own clan? Is there any somali family that can claim to be entirely from one clan. What about the cousins, uncles from other clans? Will they allow people to come back to their houses? You attack Duke and yet have nothing to say the so called elderly using openly the qabil card.

[ November 21, 2007, 02:56 AM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Listen yaa Faarax, soomaali waa isdishey. weliba si xun oo fool xun bay isku dishay! in qaarkood weli ciil qabaan is understandbale in my books! Ninkaa that proposition la yimaada majliskan in lagu soo yaacaa waa pretense!

I presume the pronoun ‘his’ refers to Duke, and not Baashi! And in that verse, Duke is not alone in having this attitude. It's widespread in some most somali circles. If you didn't udnerstand it already you need to understand it now. For if we understand it, we can at least talk about it and discuss it in a genuene manner! You have to understand the root cause of our tragedy: injustices commited against innocent somalis in the name of qabiil iyo cuqdad! It manifested in Hargaysa in eighties, in xamar in ninties, and it continues in xamar as we speak! One cant dismiss it or explain it away. I think Xoogsade has it right when he implied inaan najjaaso najjaaso kale lagu dhahirin!

Ninka ciilka qaba waxaa ku filan, waxaa ka maqan waa dawlad caadil ehe ee dad la laayey waxba kuu tari mayso. Tangiga amxaarka ee hadda wax laynayyana kii reerkiinna maahe ee dawlad baa leh inay berri tuulooyinkiinna la aadana waa suura gal ee wax la har!

Waa hadal rageed...Hadaad adugu iyo Bashi aad understand gareysen the anger,xasidnimo and sadistic stance of Duke,Anugu koley i dont understand it. Maxaa yeelay dheh,Civilians were not a part of this and the warlords responsible are now in this govt. Call it a difference of opinion markas. smile.gif

Baashi   

^Whoa -- that's an improvement.

I'm back. Xiin and ThePoint awoowayaal ha ku daalina. Facts have nothing to do with what the folks are spewing on the board. Their entire objection to what I have said can be reduced to unfounded suspicion.

Castro   

Since Oodweyne et. al. have "understandable" grievances yaa Xiin, won't you condemn the cheerleaders of the occupation as you do the cheerleaders of the fraudulent call to secession?

I know you do, I'm just reminding others. Like my understanding but (very angry) awoowe Baashi.

Here's what the original quote should have, and probably was meant to, read:

"What is happening in Benadir today is no different from similar to, albeit on a larger scale, what happened to some segment of Benadir residents in early ninties. In some way, it could be argued, that was worse for the tribal expulsion as some called had been carried out by neighbors of the victims. Duke and folks who share his view have not forgotten that event and their lack of sympathy is, however detestable, understandable but far from excusable."

Am I close awoowe?

Originally posted by Baashi:

^Whoa -- that's an improvement.

I'm back. Xiin and ThePoint awoowayaal ha ku daalina. Facts have nothing to do with what the folks are spewing on the board. Their entire objection to what I have said can be reduced to unfounded suspicion.

Thanks? There is no suspicion yaah dear Baashow. icon_razz.gif

You simply understood where a sadistic qabil hating,sycompant,celebrating the death,destruction and displacement of innocent civlian comes from...That is all hadaba smile.gif

Since Oodweyne et. al. have "understandable" grievances yaa Xiin, won't you condemn the cheerleaders of the occupation as you do the cheerleaders of the fraudulent call to secession

Edit: Waad igaba hortmartay oday yahow. Well said...

So,XIIN & the entire anti somaliland brigade,should understand where SOMALILANDERS are coming from when they show hate for Southerners :D

ElPunto   

^I do understand where Somalilanders are coming from - and I'm deeply sympathetic. I just don't think secession is the solution. I think their greivances can be addressed short of the that mark.

To have understanding is to have insight into what motivates people. With Somalis it's about past grievances - to comprehend that simplicity is not to say present reprisals are justified. Have you guys lost all sight of the nuances of the English language?

It sorta reminds of the post 9/11 debate - about Muslim grievances being a partial motivator for the atrocity - and the interpretation by many westerners that 'one is justifying it'.

Come on now.