Sign in to follow this  
Cowke

Question To Somaliland

Cowke   

I am kind of shocked to read that most of the investments into somaliland is from diaspora somalilanders? Is that true? War dadka localga ah cawe? lol

This darawish guy on paltalk just recently returned from puntland and somaliland and he was given the room an education about what reality is on the ground.

He said that Puntland dadka barwaaqo weeye because puntland waxaa dhisay shicibka localka ah, theirs no diaspora investment. Taas hadhow bay imaan doonta. Lakinse he said somaliland hotelyada iyo waxaas aad arkeysid waxaa sameyey diaspora somalilanders oo ka soo shaqeystay europe ee ma ahan local inititives. Ma wax ba ka jirta wuxuu yiri ninkan?

He said that when he went to somaliland just 1 month ago that dadka localka ahaa waxba ma haystan where-as puntland is totally opposite because puntland waxaa ba dhisay localkooda waana runtisa taas. All the hotelyo iyo waxaas ma ahan diaspora owned.

So I am quite shocked haday sidaas run tahay war dadkina dhib ba haysto hadi aad diasporakaga maalkooda geliseen somaliland iyo localki bananki bay ku jiifan waa dhibaato wallahi.

Anyways when puntland diaspora starts getting involved in puntland OH MY GOD puntland will soar and they are starting to get active now since puntland diaspora forum iyo waxaas la furey.

Anyways what i learnt today was puntland was built by its local oo hanti leh, where-as somaliland was built by its diaspora not locals because localkooda waxba ma haystan.

Puntland has both sxb. Our locals can help themselves where-as yours cant lol. Our diaspora once we get involved puntland is going to have second boom!!!!

Ps: The darawish truly do educate us about somaliland because to be quite honest we have no clue

Cowke   

Reminds me of George Kapitz report of somalia.

Kapchits_Khalif_Qonof.jpg

I knew that Khalif was chief of staff for the administration of the President of Puntland who retired a few months ago, supervising all economics projects in this fledgling state. "Is there water in your hotel?" inquired my friend, and getting an affirmative answer replied, "Water is in all settlements of Puntland, electricity - too

The guys replied forget about hotels every settlement of puntland has water and electricity. And today we are working on making sure idps have the same basics.

I love my locals they are useful. We the diaspora need to do our bit and get off our fat backsides and make puntland have second boom of diaspora billions of dollars of investment!!!

Cowke   

This just made me think. Puntland is not using its two arms. 1 arm being local. 1 arm being diaspora.

Where-as Somaliland is using both arms and this all they could do. Puntland with 1 arm (local) is doing better and if we included the second arm then we would without a doubt be leading state of horn of africa not just somalia