Sign in to follow this  
Koora-Tuunshe

9 police officers slaughtered, their throats slit

0000_pic02_1.JPG
Somali Police Force

9 Somali police officers slaughtered
MOGADISHU, Somalia June 26 (Garowe Online) - The bodies of nine officers working for Somalia's police force were found inside a police station in the capital Mogadishu Wednesday, a senior police official said.

Col. Abdullahi Hassan Barise, a Mogadishu police official, told reporters that some of the nine dead bodies had their "throats slit," including the body of the Daynile district deputy police commander.

All the prisoners inside the Daynile station jail were released during a one-hour period when the attackers maintained control of the police post, he added.

Al Shabaab insurgents waging war on Somalia's UN-recognized interim government and its Ethiopian military allies are responsible for the killings, Col. Barise said.

It was the worst act of violence committed against Somali police officers since the ongoing insurgency began more than 17 months ago.

Also, insurgents launched attacks against Ethiopian troops and African Union peacekeepers in Hodan district.

Locals said the fighting was raging Wednesday afternoon, although casualties could not be ascertained.

Mogadishu-based Elman Human Rights group issued a report today estimating that 2,136 civilians have been killed in the Somali capital so far this year, in addition of more than 8,600 who died last year. [ Full story]

Somalia has not had a functioning government since 1991 and the current transitional authority is the 14th attempt to restore national order.

Source: Garowe Online

Nephissa   

Allaa alaa ilmo, ilmada i qubanaysa lugahay dhaaftay! maxaa tiri? ma la qowracay? way ooo way. War i aamusiya oo safaleeti i siiya!

Cismaan caatona waa sii daayeen int ay qabteen. 9 askari oo masaakiin ahna waa gawraceen. way to go Alshabaab. These kids are confused.

^I did think they gonna hang up.

Anyway,Koora posted to score political points. That aside, how come no one hears Tigrays being killed. Somalis are dying everyway around. Iyagalay isku jeeday miyaa :confused:

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Ducaysane:

Cismaan caatona waa sii daayeen int ay qabteen. 9 askari oo masaakiin ahna waa gawraceen. way to go Alshabaab. These kids are confused.

How many times ba shegay: Alshabaab didn't capture Cato, it was JIS(jabhada Islamiga Somalia), and entirely different organization!

cHE, beryahan Tigrays are stranded(supply routes cut off) everywhere, maba soo baxan( from their bases), so the word is! Lakin, still it is Ayan Daro Somalis killing each! Dead police/tfg means more orphaned kids and families with grudges!

These were local lads from dayniile, murdered by the Al Shabaab.

Not "invaders" and Ethiopeans.

Locals ambushed and then murdered, another bad chapter.

May Allah forgive them and guide them to the stright path.

^ tfg polic/military are a tool for the invaders .. people have no problem when they fight along side the ethiopians ... should they be treated any different ? ... while i would have preffered 20 ethiopians slaughtered nobody forced these guys to put on 'traitor' unifroms.

you wear a uniform you've already chosen a side & currently that side has a collective bull's eye on thier back.

it is comical that those who were heaping scorn on 20 innocent bystander who were slaughtered inside a mosque .... are teary because of this ?

^^^What logic. So locals can be murdered because they are police officers.

Osman Ato will be let go because he does not work for the TFG?

Come on, this will turn the clans of the lost lads against the Al Shabaab.

Their hypocracy is clear saxib, its not religion, just the same mass murder these clan militias have been doing for 17 years.

This time they are not so strong, and when they get killed it will be justice saxib.

Originally posted by Nephthys:

Allaa alaa ilmo, ilmada i qubanaysa lugahay dhaaftay! maxaa tiri? ma la qowracay? way ooo way. War i aamusiya oo safaleeti i siiya!

Nephthys, Are you for real? I can't believe you rejoice the cruelty with which these police men's lives were taken.

Originally posted by AYOUB:

Koora-Tuunshe

You can't resist playing "chinese whispers" with headlines, can you?
smile.gif

It is not whispers. This is real. You aren't just honest enough to condemn it.

Take note of it, these ad hoc militia groups and their sheer tactics to terrorize public figures, citizens and security personnel have already lost a signicant support from those who had nursed grievances and suspicion against the TFG.

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Koora-Tuunshe:

quote:Originally posted by Nephthys:

Nephthys, Are you for real? I can't believe you rejoice the cruelty with which these police men's lives were taken.
I don't recall you giving two cents about the slaughtered innocent tabliiqis. You were proud of every drop of blood the Xabashis shed with no shame to say it out loud. If you can sleep at night comfortably after saying the things you've said - I feel sorry for you Walaahi. Pretty much a good example of what hypocritical ******* you are, and why you should not even be listened to much less given any kind of respect.

There is no excuse for this incident but ignoring the reasons for it's occurence to support your agenda just goes to prove the utter hate you're consumed with and how badly it reflects on yourself.

ps: just a little FYI; I don't rejoice at the death of my people.. ****li******f or otherwise.

Salaama.

Cige   

Even dayniile webmaster was not happy with this incident :confused:

Reason is simple: Why it didn't take place somewhere else? :eek:

Real Somali or what?