Sign in to follow this  
Taleexi

An Open Letter to Silanyo

NASSIR   

I like the letter but there are Reactions from readers @ Hiraan's feedback page.

------------------------

Singor Gaildoon,

First, I share with you the sentiment that the people of Sool and Sanaag are bound by kinship and shared values. However, comparing Siilaanyo with the Seyid is a gross exaggeration and an insult to a national icon. Siilaanyo, as one of the founders of the SNM, is a petty clanist politician with a vision confined to his clan.

In your ride in the nostaglia lane you forgot that the SNM, under Siilaanyo, committed atrocities against innocent nomads in Sanaag and Sool. He has to be held accountable for

these crimes before you bestow these lavish attributes on him. By doing so you are showing disrespect to SNM victims, May they rest in peace!

Kucadaye from the sidelines

-------------------------------

Lamagaadha

Do you notice how you say sons?????? Girls were never a part of the Education plan back home. I remember my uncle putting me in the class in Ceel-Af-Weyn when I was the only girl.

I too am from boarding schools and different areas of the world and I hope that we as a society can learn from the past and make sure these wonderful memories you share may one day belong to both genders.

Sorry for butchering the writing...

sister from Sanaag

----------------------------------------

I like the last comment.

Xargaga   

comparing Siilaanyo with the Seyid is a gross exaggeration and an insult to a national icon

As if the Sayid was clean and innocent of any atrocities. :confused:

RedSea   

^Good point.

By the way, the author expressed his thoughts and concerns in excellent way, I hope his shout outs are being read wiht open mind and listend to. Well done.

Taleexi   

Originally posted by Nabadshe:

quote:comparing Siilaanyo with the Seyid is a gross exaggeration and an insult to a national icon

As if the Sayid was clean and innocent of any atrocities. :confused:
May we should compare orange with orange not with apples

I delivered the letter to H.E. Siilaanyo and he will answer you probably after the elections :D

hope you'll be all alive at that time ,,,,, :D:D