Sign in to follow this  
Coloow

Could this be true for the political section of SOL?

If you read the history of Arabs, did they have a tribe or tribes among them considered ignoble?

Yes some arab tribes were considered ignoble, if you would recall when the nabi (scw) told jacfar and all the "minority" arabs who wouldn't have protection from the infidels to flee to Habasha.

To answer your hypothetical question, my parents wouldn't care if I married a white muslim woman. I have my preferences as a person, but non of them are based on prejudist views.

I asked you which one would you and your parents prefer more? Not if they would care.

Are you contradicting your statement mise anigaa faduul raba oo macno aan meesha ku jirin kala soo baxay? lol.

Su'aashaad ii weeydiisay micne weey ku la leydahay obviously since you asked, so don't ask me if it's no use, since you already asked. Now to answer your question, NO, I don't think I'm contradicting myself, my answer is very self-explanatory walal.

Now I don't see whats the purpose of all your questions, as if your trying to trap me, to show the fellow nomads "my real views," as if I was trying to get some kind of recognition from them, and would be ashamed to have my ideas.

Don't mistake my ideas, for hatered walal. smile.gif

Xoogsade   

Originally posted by Alpha-Geeljire:

Yes some arab tribes were considered ignoble, if you would recall when the nabi (scw) told jacfar and all the
"minority"
arabs who wouldn't have protection from the infidels to flee to Habasha.

I don't remember the specifics and how the conversation of the prophet and his small in number companions at the time went although I read an online version of the biography of the prophet in a book called "The Sealed Nectar" long ago. Now, can you name the ignoble Arab tribes to which some of the companions belonged to? Also, it appears to me that in your definition or line of thought, Minority means Ignobility when it can mean "small in number" only as a tribe smaller in number compared to others within the same geographical area. Does "small in number" mean "ignobility"? Large tribes meant guaranteed protection from hegemony where smaller tribes would play safe to avoid confrontation with a giant unforgiving one. It was pre-islamic days so the stronger ate the smaller. Could that explain what the prophet pbuh meant with what you said? As somalis, we have some tribes small in number whom you would consider noble. If these somali tribes can't be ignoble for their small number, I wonder how the Arab tribes can be said to be ignoble just because they are minority within their own community? I am just following your own definitions here as I understood them. I don't believe there is any ignoble person on this earth based on birth. One is ignoble or becomes one based on his/her deeds basically. In the eyes of all reasonable beings, that person will be shunned.

You are right, I am trying to figure out what is your take on the issues. If along the process of the exchange someone blames you or disagrees with you, I have no hand in it. You came here as an adult and that is how everyone else sees you I suppose. So I have no ulterior motives other than expressing my disagreements with you where legitimate/necessary, or to clarify some doubts I have about something you wrote for myself. I got plenty of skeletons in the closet that need to be addressed. I should be the last one seeking to highlight other people's short-comings. My apologies if you have assumed that I have written with the wrong intensions. Your views are yours and if you firmly believe in them, it is logical you stand by them. At the same time, if your expressed views are out of touch with islam, then the noble thing to do is to revisit them and correct them. That goes for everyone. No one is the above the Law.

PS: I know you are not seeking recognition from anyone. You were blunt in expressing your views as they were. As for me taking your views as hateful, no, hateful is not the word that came to mind. My reaction in the beginning was: Oops! we got Alpha-Acraabi lool. But anyhow saxib, who am I to deny people of their lineage if they are saying they are Arabs? No matter how paradoxical or enigmatic the claim seems to be, I am not the one who is forced to or required from, to explain away the insurmountable obvious disparity. As an outsider to the claim of arab-hood/argument, as a pure somali nomad, my participation should be as "Interested to know person". I count only ten fathers to the subclan I belong to, add two more names and I am there at the the Somali Father Figure. If you can continue to sheekh ismaa'iil who is said to have come from Syria, hey Man( that is what my mother says as well Although I am not sure how convinced she is), good luck to you all. I am happy with being Somali. Serves me good. No ambiguity in my case. That is the name, the clan, and what the whole world knows me for.

Gediid   

Xoogsade

Waar ninyahow yaryarka Carabta ah daa.... ;)

In my 9th grade we had this teacher who explained to us how the concept of Apartheid was so successful in South Africa and in conclusion he said and I quote "indoctrinate people while they are young and they will die protecting that lie"

I just cant understand how one can actually look themselves in the mirror and yet claim to be descendants of a noble Arab family from Syria,Oman,Saudi arabia,Yemen or where ever maanta Somali iskugu faanto....... :D

This and this alone will be my contribution to the ongoing Somali debate of their geneology...I blv and yes its actually a blv that no one has put into my head and one that I think applies to all Somalis irespective of region or clan......Adduunka waxa ugu dhib badan waxa somalida tidha waa garaca amase *****ka and is always conmfused about his/her roots.Geedka kasta oo hadh macaan wey ku xoqdaan thinking that they are a leaf that fell from it but in my opinion Somalis are the result of sailors from God knows where and an African service woman who was wise enuff to tell her sons that they were from noble families.She was not clear enuff in what noble families they were from but over time some were smart enuff to chose a fake Arab lineage and future generations have since become stubborn in letting go of that noble heritage made up centuries ago.Maanta hadaad Somali eegtid wax ka dhib badan baa iska yar meel kasta eey joogaan waa ibtilo socda and hey wat do you expect from a horny sailor and a simple African woman who mated a million years ago......? :D

///

///

///

///

///

Those who said Somali have guessed it right... ;)

Xoogsade   

Waa runtaa Gediid. It is confounding to see almost all societies knowing their roots and having no dispute about it while Somalis are eternally confused. Waxaa u fiicnaan lahayd, to focus on the provable immidiate source and forget about the elusive origin. They are known to be Somalis as entity and that should have sufficed them today. They were granted a country they call their own(a privellege millions of people around the world don't have) and hold a unique place as homogenous society, yet, many are blinded to that gift. Well, anyways, enough said about the subject.

Sky   

Gediid, your views are as distorted as those of Alpha-Geeljire. Many ignorant Somalis believe that our lighter skincolour, Europian facial features and wavy hair must have its roots from outside the Horn of Africa. Why I wonder? Because to be purely from the African continent, you must be pitchblack and the works? The Berbers in North Africa have lived since time immemorial in the African continent. So are the peoples of the Horn of Africa. We are a natural bufferzone between Dark Africa and the Middle East, like the peoples of the Himalaya are between the Mongoloïds and the Indo-Europeans.

The Ngbandi tribe in Congo-Kinshasa are lightskinned Bantus. Are they a product of a drunk Viking who fared to far from the Scandinavian shores? No, they are as Negroïd as Bernie Mac.

To wrap it up for the likes of Gediid and Alpha. Somalis are not hybrids. Our forefathers have looked 'Somali' not only half a millennium ago, but even 3 millennia ago. We, along with some other peoples, are our own race and be proud of it damn it.

I count only ten fathers to the subclan I belong to, add two more names and I am there at the the Somali Father Figure.

Who is the "Somali Father Figure"? smile.gif

Minority means Ignobility when it can mean "small in number" only as a tribe smaller in number compared to others within the same geographical area.

One of the meanings of Minority is, An ethnic, racial, religious, or other group having a distinctive presence within a society.

lighter skincolour, Europian facial features and wavy hair

Not even all Somalis have that. smile.gif

It's Sky said this time. :D

First

Speak for yourself. I don't believe those two tribes are descended from Arabs. That's bullshit. As in matter of fact we all Somalis are related.

then...

^^ I know. Its just a theory, maybe Raqid's take on this, which is almost everybody's view, is correct.

(Raqid's view

That the Shiekhs came and married into the Somalis living in the peninsula.)

and then......

I did mean genealogically, that all Somalis share the same common progenitor; probably Samaale. With the exception of the agro-pastoralist Sab, whom themselves are a loose confederacy with no kinship. Perhaps having a core of pure Sab legacy.
But than again Samaale could be merely a mythical figure

now.....

Somalis are not hybrids. Our forefathers have looked 'Somali' not only half a millennium ago, but even 3 millennia ago. We, along with some other peoples, are our own race and be proud of it damn it.

Are you sure you and Jhon kerry didn't have the same mother, flip-flop boy. :D