Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Gen. Cadde's southern Accent.

NASSIR   

I listened to one of the interviews of Gen. Cadde. I was indeed surprised of his southern accent. The man sounds like I used to be. He grew up in Xamar. How amusing it to have a Puntland leader with Southern Accent. He speaks like Reer Xamar. :Dsmile.gif

Gediid   

And you decided this was worth a whole post.So what if he speaks reer xamari....Such a total waste of space...... :rolleyes:

Emperor   

LOOOOL .. CAAMIR

Hey whats all with you guyz! Just give him a break let him speak his mind. Since when we had topic limits, and whats wrong with the topic, quite amused me.

Its funny to have a President who doesn't at all sound like a Puntlander ( Calm down guyz I only mean Puntland Accent) Of course there are a lot like him, Infact most of Somali accents are spoken there, be SL accent or as far as Baidoa people live in Bosaso,Galkayo and L.A, its all good.

Emperor   

LST

Wasn't he born in Marka? I thought I heard that.

NO, Sxb he was born in Xamar. Jamac A Jama was the one born in Marka as far as I was told but suprisingly he has strong Puntland accent when he speaks.

Horn C'mon as if you are so sure that the south have one accent. No only one but there many different accents spoken in the south which Cadde speaks one, don't you know that??

Gabbal   

Horn C'mon as if you are so sure that the south have one accent. No only one but there many different accents spoken in the south which Cadde speaks one, don't you know that??

It was a rhetorical question sxb. But anyways my point was exactly yours; what in the world is a "southern" accent :D God knows how many "accents" are spoken in the south. :cool:

NASSIR   

Qorshel, thanks for responding on my behalf. lol

Horn, i know how Gedonians sound. They are within the spectrum of southern accent. I mean it that the whole southern accent, starting from South Mudug to as far as Liboi Dhobley, have range of phonetic sound different from the standard form of Somali accent in which most our standard written language seem to have common characteristics. You shouldn't theoritically confuse the word 'accent' with dialects. In The south, there are plethora of dialects, very distinctive in nature, but they are distinguishable from the standard form of our common accent in which you'll find them in books and the Somali media. Hence, there is Gedo dialect, Kismayo dialect, Merka dialect, Mogadisho dialect and so on. But they all are under the umbrella of Southern accent. :D

Gabbal   

Hence, there is Gedo dialect, Kismayo dialect, Merka dialect, Mogadisho dialect and so on. But they all are under the umbrella of Southern accent.

Waad isku xaartay sxb icon_razz.gif Secondly Gedo "dialect" is much more closer to Waqooyi "dialect" then it is to Mudug "dialect". Trust me, I know ;)

I mean it that the whole southern accent, starting from South Mudug

You do know that you distinguish a reer Mudug by their tongue right?..so how is N. Mudug different then S. Mudug in that aspect? Yet again my friend another tribally induced thinking icon_razz.gif Anagu hadaan reer Mudug nahay, waan isnaqaan sxb, waxaadana wax socdo maa'han. :D

I'm assuming that since you're from Sanaag that you have a Waqooyi accent right? I can say that because it is common knowledge that reer Waqooyi (Sool/Sanaag and west) share the same tongue, however you my friend needs to get caught up on the other "diverse" part of Somalia. ;)

Tahliil   

I can see the humor in it...Him going Yakheeynoo and the Bari guys going like Ariboowe...

But Oodi qaadis iyo Jidis...I mean when everything is said and done...They will say it and do it, quite the same way...with or without the ACCENT...