Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Macallin Me Miskiin xiin; a discusson on alshabaab

Kaadi badane waa loo gogol badiyyaa

Me, adeerow macaanow bal waxaad i fahansiisaa how alshabaab are the savior of Somalia. I am dying to hear your reasoning. Please oo please be original. Don’t repeat to me mere slogans your heard from the Internet portals.

For the benefit of all, please share with us what you believe to be alshabaabs goals and objectives in Somalia. Their methods too. Once your perception of alshabaab becomes clear, then we can have a meaningful discussion.

Fiiro Gaara;

-----------

I know you referred me to another thread. With all due respect that thread is a space filled with nonsense. You created scenarios, constructed realities, and prescribed solutions, all of which are work of fiction. It was a short story. I need no short stories. I want expression of conviction in a political/military approach. Either you understand what you are talking about, or you don’t.

me   

Xiinow,

As you have asked I will explain to you my position in the current developments in our country and why I have taken up that position.

My question to you is to explain to me why you have opted to support the foreign backed, foreign funded, foreign created TFG? and how this rhymes with your previous stance in the war of resistance, since in essence nothing has changed?

me   

Xiinow,

The Somali world has changed and as such our world view must adapt with it. The Somalia of 1990 is gone, it is dead and buried. Nothing has taken its place, because the process of negotiation with the future of our nation is still in progress.

We are in a process of elimination, one faction after another is biting the dust, one myth after another is debunked, and one idea after another is proven unworkable.

At the same time our nation is changing rapidly; we are going through a metamorphosis. The land we used to know is no longer there, where there were trees now it is dessert, where there were small settlements now there are cities, where there were nomads now there are unemployed town dwellers. The truths and believes that constructed our world are no longer there. Our way of life is shattered. Our culture is in shock. In short our nation is in a state of confusion. What is happening here? What is going on? Why are all these changes happening all at once?

Why did our economy, our culture, our political system even our believes come crashing down on us all at once?

My answer is a tsunami has been unleashed, a volcano erupted and forces of change came into being. These forces have a dynamic of their own and they are destroying the old orders. The old systems, these forces are in essence agents of development instead of destruction. To use your words they are agents deploying Slash-and-burn tactics.

The Shabab will be one of the many factions that will rise and fall in Somalia; I do not believe that they will be the final group that will end the Somali War. But what they will do is carry on the flame of the Islamist Revolution of 2006. They will create the environment needed for the next paradigm shift. It is the job of the Shabab to get us to the next stage.

The TFG on the other hand are trying to preserve a dying order. They want to institutionalize the clan. They want to go begging to donor countries, they want to accept the parameters that have been given to them. In essence the TFG stands in the way of development in our country. A successful TFG will mean that the underlying problems of the Somali war will not be solved and that 20 years of war was in vain. It will also mean that another revolution will become a necessity.

Somalia’s war has been going on for longer then Shabab and TFG has been on the scene.

The problem is not these factions, the problem is much greater then that.

There is a disease in our society, our nation is confused and only when this disease is dealt with can we have the peace we long for. Do not get me wrong, clannism is not the disease, clannism is one of the many symptoms of this disease.

Me , your generic description of Somalia’s constantly changing conflict does not answer my original question to you. On the slash and burn thing, forget it. Just forget it awoowe. The era of warlords is already over. Somali people are no longer in the grip of strong men. That era has been dealt and done with.

I want you to address the central issue of Somali conflict---alshabaab ! What I want to see you do is use active verbs and say like this: I believe alshabaab is a necessary evil because of this, and this, and this. I believe alshabaabs goals and objective are to do this, this and this. I believe ….wa hakathaa. I want you to put out thesis aan wax ka iraahdo.

Personal note: I am the product of Somali conflict. I am an old man who has intimate knowledge of Somali clans. I am student of history as well. I was eighty years old when my family members become political prisoners. I was there when the civil war broke out. I was there when the first Mucaskar was established in Kismayo. I was there awoowe. Describing the situation or narrating its stages is not what I want to hear. That I already know.

Finally I promise that I will answer each question you pose if I sense acceptable level of intellectual honest from you. The ball as it were is in your court. Qaado oo bal meel gee

me   

Xiin,

the central issue of Somali conflict---alshabaab !

Are you serious here? What do you take us for when you come rubbish like that? War ku noqo!

Come with a serious reply.

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

you should add che, ngonge and duke to this list. I for would like to know why these "moderates" all had a change of heart.

No change of heart on my part adeer, its just I never felt comfortable in rewarding bad behavior. The Sharif we gave a chance to but he has failed miserable and has so far highlighted that he should not even speak about Somalia led alone lead. Look at all his recent actions and how it came to haunt him. We hope for change and governance Al Shabaab and others are clueless but the Sharif is worse.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

you should add che, ngonge and duke to this list. I for would like to know why these "moderates" all had a change of heart.

Adeer, don' go including me in any of these groups. I call it as I see it, saaxib. I am no Al Shabab fan. However, we all knew what Al Shabab were made off from the days when AY was president and Sh. Sharif was whiter than white. One can not add anything new there or claim to be shocked by their actions today.

I choose to focus on Sh. Sharif because I am SHOCKED by his actions and believe him to be no better than those he used to look down on. Even if we did not have Al Shabab I still think that Sh. Sharif will have some armed opposition of one sort or another.

Mr ME ha la daayo. He's thte king of dreamers and there is no point in getting into a debate with him. Havingg said that, I think Xiin should continue arguing with him (this is his punishment for trying to patronise us with his punctured caravan). :D

Som@li   

The caravan hit a dead end, and Sharif is following the footsteps of Yeey, judging from what is going on in Somalia, There are three scenarios available.

*Alshabab chooses peace, and works with TFG, Somalia finds easy out of this misery.

** Alshabaab takes over the country.

***Alshabab is destroyed by TFG with the help of outside intervention and the cycle continues for years to come. (You will have to remember the TFG/Ethiopians took over Kismaayo in 2007)

I mostly likely think it will be the second option, and for most Somalis who see peace as unreachable, something that is impossible to find, they don’t mind who rules, it is Laba daran mid dooro, this viscous circle must end, Alshabaab, If they mature, and start listening to the right people with right conscious, and stop declaring war on neighbours, stop amputating , and learn the art of diplomacy, how to walk before running, they have the strength to do good, and it will be the Iranian revolution, No TFG, No Puntland, No SLands, one group, one country, and it is not a dream , but can be real very easily, AlShabaab has a powerful weapon, which is unstoppable, the brainwashed youth.

Me, yes I am serious with my statement that alshabaab is the central issue of current Somali conflict. That might not have been the case two or three years ago. But it’s today.

The reason I started this thread (note the title, please) is because I want you, yaa Me, to understand what you are supporting. Without alshabaab the guns that constantly blaze in Mogadishu’s aisles would become silent. AMISOM would have left. Somalia would’ve made progress in moving toward resolving this prolonged conflict.

Come again and answer the question. Lets narrow the discussion about alshabaab, their objectives, goals and methods.

PS. Why do those who support alshabaab feel uncomfortable talking about this group’s objectives? Only Kashafa the Keligii Muslim had the balls to say what it’s he believes in.

NGONGE, Me adaa dayacay

Gabbal   

Originally posted by me:

The TFG on the other hand are trying to preserve a dying order. They want to institutionalize the clan.
They want to go begging to donor countries, they want to accept the parameters that have been given to them.

This quote and the highlighted area in particular is important and needs expanding on your part. It is really a great point also and can serve as your basis for why the TFG is not the vehicle with which the Somali nation can extract itself from the post-1991 dilemma.

N.O.R.F   

^LoL.

Xiin, invite others to do what Me has failed to do thus far.

AS supporters should at least try to justify their support for them post Ethiopain withdrawal rather than the constant bit part comments.

me   

To the SOL public,

What is at stake here today is the credibility of the Sharifite camp of SOL. Just as the secessionist supporters, the pirate boys, the TFG supporters and other Ethio sympathizers have bitten the dust. The day has come that the Sharifites of SOL are held accountable for their views.

No stone will be left unturned. No quarter will be given. No surrender will be accepted.

To Xiin,

You can not evade your responsibility. You asked me to join this thread; I have posted my view, now it is your turn to do the same thing. It is obvious to the readers that you are trying to play hide and seek. Man up and step up to the plate. The floor is yours.

To Norf,

You are expected to share your vision on the Somali Empire thread as you had promised.

N.O.R.F   

The Shabab will be one of the many factions that will rise and fall in Somalia; I do not believe that they will be the final group that will end the Somali War. But what they will do is carry on the flame of the Islamist Revolution of 2006. They will create the environment needed for the next paradigm shift. It is the job of the Shabab to get us to the next stage.

How are they carrying the Islamist flame? How are their actions against the government justified? What environment is needed for the next 'paradigm shift' and how will they be creating it? What is the next stage?

A little more than buzz words is what is required here.

Substance!!!