Sign in to follow this  
PasserBy

President Silanyo arrives in Addis Ababa

Kamaavi   

It feels like all the while we are watching the brainwashing continuing under our very noses; i.e. our younger brothers and sisters, even the cool headed Ayoubto and Jacaylbaro, appear to be going through the same education system that made us into what we hate. Yet it is like there is nothing we can do about it.

Was not Somalia, including Northwestern supposed to be going forward; getting better; developing to where today would be better than yesterday? It is true that much has been revealed to us that was hidden before but I would hate for the younger generation to have to go through the same act of de-colonizing the mind as we did. Why shouldn't I rather enjoy seeing someone grow up who was taught CORRECTLY from the first? It hurts to see a one who is a victim of an unjust system being the one who defends it even more ardently than its author like the policemen do. At least these 'worst human beings' I talk of are STILL HUMAN BEINGS.

There is a Somali proverb which says that a rod is shaped when it is still green and young. That it is because a dry and mature branch will tend to break when bent.

That said, Mr., you keep insisting that the Admiral is such and such a thing, without fully over standing his movement. What you are doing is dwelling on the external symbols and attributes of the movement without over standing the inner essence of the movement. But if you keep an open mind and throw away your pre-conceptions, you may gain more insight into what the movement is really all about.

I'm not gonna get into no more big debates about the movement with you, you have your pre-conceived notions of what the movement stands for, if you have an open mind, then you will eventually learn different through checking the different posts on this board.

Prof.Gandhi or the Black Ahmed , no idea what you hate most in them. Butt you shouldn't let the individuals that you may hate, define your entire view of the movement. I'm just gonna agree to disagree on that cause it doesn't seem like you're budging from your position - only time will tell as you examine people's reasoning.

Back to the Admiral and the movement: I don't expect you to be sincere or have the gut to lift a finger in attempt to free your poor kinsmen and women in Aware(or Gaashamo) who are equally suffering under the highlander's occupation. The fact remains that most of the people on the ground fighting against the highlanders are grassroots of the O Somali people, not wagaash secessionist. Mainly the point, is that regardless whether you think the leader of the movement should do no wrong and be the greatest leader of pan somalism or whatever.... even if you are convinced of that, revolutions are NEVER made by one man or one "great leader", they are ALWAYS made by the masses of the people.

However, I am glad to see that our occasionally acerbic exchanges don't seem to have led to any personal animosity. Personally I'm a fan of camels, so I don't like beef, you sight? Just cool, respect, peace and love to Somalia(you) and we will continue to build! smile.gif