Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

Qaddiyadda Foosha Xun ee Qabyaaladda = Ugly Objective of Clanism

The union is not ideal now. We did our part in the best way one can do but the reward was awful. It is time we try to be our own now unite the clans under one government then see what happens next.

It is not time you cry for a union while the supposedly-the-capital is not even united itself let alone other regions.

Markaa Somalia needs time to re-unite and Somaliland needs sometime to stand for its own then we can be back together anytime in the future.

^^^^on that i actually agree with you 100% - but what i am talking about is a lot bigger than that my friend. i am trying to taste the marrow of mr timacades poem and enjoy it. whilst warning others not fall into the trap of the ugly objectives of single minded clanism, which leads to shortsightness.

whilst is not good to generalise anything, i actually think that the most patriiotic somalis of all time have come from the North and if they succed in separating from the rest of somalis, then it would be pretty much doom and gloom for a long while.

LOL :D - you must have been listening to Bob Marley.

Now sing with me:

"Don't worry about a thing,

'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.

Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,

'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

Rise up this mornin',

Smiled with the risin' sun,

Three little birds

Pitch by my doorstep

Singin' sweet songs

Of melodies pure and true,

Sayin', ("This is my message to you-ou-ou:")

Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,

'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

yeah ,, that is the line.

Sad thing is, Soomaalidu weligeed qabyaalad ma daynayso.

Sad thing is, Soomaalidu weligeed qabyaalad ma daynayso.

But they sure hell can used it the right way as it was intended.

you must understand i am not totally against the whole idea of clan/tribe/lineage etc. what i am 100% against is; it's UGLY & DETRIMENTAL USE hence my support for the banning of clanism untill we learned to use it the right way.

i went to a wedding recently where this two clans were marrying from one another.

during the girl giving away ceremony , the elders they kept saying how good it is that our tradition and bonds are united by marriage from one anothers clans, plus all other niceties etc etc. however two guys who met at the wedding used to work together in the pasta factory in mogadishu and when they last saw each other one of them was chasing the other with gun.

what do you think happened when they saw each other?

Ibtisam   

They started fighting again. The one who was chased in muqodisho started chasing the one who was chasing him back them :D

:D:D LOOL

No!! none that happened..

Apparently they first really stared at each other for long time and then people looked at them, realised something was wrong they intervened.

they were from different clans, the one being chased and who had family members killed was from norht east of somalia and the other was from southern somalia.

to cut the story short, the wedding turn into a clan conference afterwards and apparently the guy from the south asked to be forgiven and they have started a long process of reconcialition and the last i heard the guy from south was to pay a lot of money to the guy from NE and negotiations are still continueing.

there is till hope left for somalia if these two can make up.

:D:D

So after all, there was no wedding ,,,,

then what did the Caruus and caruusad do ??? canceled for another time or that was considered as a special wedding ceremony ??

No. The wedding went ahead, but everybody was talking about the incident, when the nikkah was done, all the elders went into another room with the two man and left everyone rumouring about what transpired between the men.

Somalis and rumours - man they can exaggerate things.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

and as far as i know i'm clean from any clanism ..... (no one is perfect though)

how about you ??

u took a test,ya JBl?lol! I have a book about the African State and Nationalism and the author has a list of points which define what is a triblast, maybe I will post it in the next few dayz?

Sayid care to translate that into english,bruv?