Sign in to follow this  
MoonLight1

Mogadishu: Doomed city.

Somalis are tired of Muqdisho, I was born, and bred in Muqdisho, Its where I studied an grew up,it has a special place in my heart, but the thing is The Whole nation is standing still for the last 19 years because of Muqdisho problems and endless wars. The who country is in time freez because of Muqdisho.

Is it time to think seriously and relocate the capital to a more peacefull place, What about Hargeysa, Galkacyo, Bosaso, Burco, Lascano, Even Kismayo would be better as there is stability there for the moment. Of course all these cities are controlled by their local authorities and their permission will be needed, but I think they will accept it, as being recognised the capital will benefit their local economies and attract intrnational attention for reconstruction efforts.

Otherwise lets stick to Muqdisho and we will still be talking about death and distruction in the next 20 years.

Lets make it something not worth fighting for by demoting it.

Lets at least experiment it for a year by making another city the nations capital and see if it works.

Liqaye   

Okay lets do it.

I am so psyched, lets do it.

Lets do it.

Lets fall in love.

I am sorry what were you saying?

Insha Allah Mogadishu itself will be redeemed and things will get better. The people of the city have been abused long enough and they are victims of the power play of a few.

As for the capital, I think there should not even be one, let every region and states form and look after themsleves. Then the Somali's should come together and decide what should be done about the capital, the union and the type of admin.

Chimera   

Let's move it to Hargeisa 2010

2011 Hargeisa is a destroyed city awashed in military hardware

lets move it to Garowe 2012

2013 Garowe is a rampaged city awashed in military hardware and warlords

lets move it to Kismayo 2014

2015 Kismayo who?

move it to any peaceful city you want and the same disease(myopic men and foreign meddling) that has ripped apart the once 'Paradise on Earth' city of Mogadishu will follow you there.

Cure the disease and all will be well, Insha-allah!