Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Between Warlords and the Clan Islamic Courts - a choice between Pest and Cholera

NASSIR   

Ceebey tacaal. [they] even returned my former signature.

I probably think there is some technical problem because some of the writings of other nomads like Suleyman have been tampered with.

Taleexi   

Originally posted by Caamir:

Websitekan maxaa ku dhacay.

Why they deleted my post??????????????????????????

I can't believe this.

I have posted a quite long opinion of mine and it never contained any deragatory or obscene terms and it was deleted. This is an obstruction of my freedom to express my views.

:D
The last time I visited here, I had 700 posts and they were reduced to 581.

Dear Mr. Caamir, I have found myself to be in the same situation as you are. First, my posts were decremented from approx. 360 to 231, secondly my last post was removed, what triggered this activity remains to be mystery till now; thirdly my signature was removed without my consent. These aforementioned complaints are what I am concerned.

Furthermore, I am not ignorant about the compliance of SOL golden rules, and understand anyone who preaches them, or not conduct his/her views in a scrupulous way will be liable to be disciplined. However, as I am a computer savvy and aware of the incalculability of what can go wrong in those node interfaces in the Internet in which data loss can happen so many ways.An operator can abuse the data or delete intentionally or a script on server can behave weirdly and because of some corrupted lines generate unpredictible results, anything can happen or what have you. Nevertheless, we ought to get a legit explanation from the mentors.

Thanks to the Internet invention, the days of striping off or depriving someone’s freedom of expression are long gone and almost obsolete. If this action was taken deliberatively I say it has no in touch with reality on all accounts. The prudence of my posts is out there all to see, I rest my case on the members to be the judge.

Finally, I have to reiterate that I do admire the talented, gifted individuals who converse on SOL and streamline their thoughts with mutual respect, civility and modest and IF I am banned that will be all I will miss.

A word of advice to the mentors, censorship will down grade the credibility of SOL, let it be remembered, we all much better off being under the tent (SOL), otherwise any brain restrained or banned will have direct correlation the credibility of SOL since I am mad now I expect from the mentors to convince me or confuse me more about what happened.

NASSIR   

^^If they have known you, they wouldn't have done this. I share the sentiment with you, but we have to forget and move on.

Have you ever been to Galkacyo Mansa?

Biibo, biibol, kamoon.

Whole threads and posts disappeared early this afternoon because the Admin. was fixing a glitch in PM problem for some nomads.

Unfortunately as it happened last month, it had a collateral effect, wiping many posts and some threads, including mine, in the process.

It has nothing to do with indiviuals or what they opine.

Perhaps the bot or server is biased, targeting some, while leaving others in intact. :D

Waala hubsadaa, ee seefta ama waranka yaa lala deg degin. Read the posts on General Section threads where others are complaining as well.

Haashim   

1. Ma waxaa jira dad raba inay DAGAAL-OOGAYAASHII nagu soo celiyaan?

2. Ma dad inay DAGAAL-OOGAYAASHII nagu soo celiyaan rabaa jira?

3. Ma dad baa raba inay DAGAAL-OOGAYAASHII nagu soo celiyaan?

4. Ma dad inay DAGAAL-OOGAYAASHII nagu soo celiyaan rabaa jira?

5. Ma dad raba inay DAGAAL-OOGAYAASHII nagu soo celiyaan baa jira?

6. Ma dad waxaa jira raba inay DAGAAL-OOGAYAASHII nagu soo celiyaan?

7. Ma waxaa jira dad inay DAGAAL-OOGAYAASHII nagu soo celiyaan raba?

8. Ma dad baa jira raba inay DAGAAL-OOGAYAASHII nagu soo celiyaan?

Ha ku wareerin I just wanted to show you the RICHNESS of your language! ee ama su'aasha ka jawaab ama tan ugu haboon sheeg ama kuwo cusub ku dar ama haddi gef (naxwaha) ahi jiro iga sax :cool:

NASSIR   

^^MMA, You should know that data can be retrieved. Otherwise, you're defending an intentional error. There are many websites with thousands of members and whose posts remain fixed and permanant. We demand that the admin retrieve these posts ASAP.

Taleexi   

^^If they have known you, they wouldn't have done this. I share the sentiment with you, but we have to forget and move on.

Have you ever been to Galkacyo Mansa?

Mr. Caamir, Moving is the best alternative however, our trust in all its forms, wether it is deterrence, knowledge and/ or identification based is diminishing if not averted with a valid reason.

I was in Galkacayo many times in the past and liked its CAD IYO CAANAHEEDA. I don't want to go where you MAY trying me to comment on.

Taleexi   

^^MMA, You should know that data can be retrieved. Otherwise, you're defending an intentional error. There are many websites with thousands of members and whose posts remain fixed and permanant. We demand that the admin retrieve these posts ASAP.

I will give our mentors the benefit of the doubt because I do have a feeling of instability about the site. At any rate, retrieving the data is an option if there was a backup to begin with, which I think it was. We are in limbo so far and keeping our eye on the ball. Patience pays off

NASSIR   

^I think our moderator here is not in a technical position to answer your questions. I sent a PM to the Admin and haven't gotten any response

RedSea   

^lol.Caamir iyo Mansa Munsa,this is utterly embrassing for you two.I had the same feeling as well,however,I kept my strike mode within myself.But you two Goodness sakes came out protesting in public.Do what I did,well I looked at everyone else,then I have discovered that everyone was dealing with the same thing,so I kept my mouth shut,well for a while.

This is not limited to you two, just look where I was and where I am today,I was nearing 1000 post mark,now I am back to 600+.

It happens though,I just hope everything comes to where they were before.

Taleexi   

Originally posted by Mr. Red Sea:

^lol.Caamir iyo Mansa Munsa,this is utterly embrassing for you two.I had the same feeling as well,however,I kept my strike mode within myself.But you two Goodness sakes came out protesting in public.Do what I did,well I looked at everyone else,then I have discovered that everyone was dealing with the same thing,so I kept my mouth shut,well for a while.

This is not limited to you two, just look where I was and where I am today,I was nearing 1000 post mark,now I am back to 600+.

It happens though,I just hope everything comes to where they were before.

:D .. Thanks for the clarity even though we also sensed some SOL instability. All we ask is to have An Announcement above all messages stating what is going on with the site...other than that business is as usual. Moderators of SOL are our leaders and one of the characteristics of good leader is to share his/her teammates if there is a problem because covering it up is the worst solution. More importantly it will be known down on the road.

NASSIR   

Red Sea, I agree with Mansa that covering up the situation is worse than our protest. The admin can come out and explain to us technically the problem whether it's a system failure for its database management system or not and how it happened and if there is a solution to it. We could be satisfied and even project our own solutions.

By the way, folks, your attributed post numbers may be down, but most posts are there. A little inconsistency, yes, nevertheless the posts are there. It has perhaps to do fixing the PM bug.

And I didn't know there was too much ego or prestige behind what number of posts a person had or has. Ego-boosting iga dheh. :D

NASSIR   

"ego boosting iga dheh"

Aqoon yari miyaa ku haysa. What we post here can be used as a backup references in the future. It is not the number of posts that matter. I would have posted so many If I didn't note time constraints, but I value the ideas contained in my articles as well as the articles I posted which might reflect my own opinion.

Taleexi   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

By the way, folks, your attributed post numbers may be down, but most posts are there. A little inconsistency, yes, nevertheless the posts are there. It has perhaps to do fixing the PM bug.

And I didn't know there was too much ego or prestige behind what number of posts a person had or has. Ego-boosting iga dheh.

I did not think much about the quantity of the posts as that has correlation the length of someone's idle time. However, in terms of reference and making SOL more resourceful, where students or ordinary people can turn to obtain information pertaining their relevant inquires, those posts deserved to be secured and should they become vulnerable to danger, it should be notified to all concerned parties.

As far as your jockery remarks are concerned, You put :D on my face.