Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

Somalis Please Celebrate Unity: We Are All Somalis

Peacenow   

I came across this article in this blog, I often visit.

Basically it summons up 'Somaliland' as being the Kurds of Somalia. This greatly alarms me. The Kurds are not Arabs, they share neither culturally or ethnicity with 'southern' Iraqis, but people in the north are Somalis.

I don't believe any of this and I'm sure people in the north do so as well. I know that the vast majority of them would like unity. We mustn't ourselves be divided and conquered like our enemies wish, where we can never be strong.

SOMALI UNITY.

http://headheeb.blogmosis.com/2007/05/the_kurds_of_somalia.php

Bokero   

what united the south is its anti- seccession of the North West... why i wonder? .. Somalis r soo divided and i cant see us, digging ourselve out of this deep hole of suspicion, and hunger to dominate the other..

I am coming to the postion of calling for the break up of the current somalia is three parts.. Somaliland, Puntaland and the Southern Somalia... i am for unity, but unity cannot be forced on people who want nothing to do with each other!!!

what do people think about that... three somalia...

Peacenow   

You can read it here, it is in the second post. He often writes about Somalia. But the author of this blog, clearly is fleeting and has no real grasp. But he was against the invasion in December 2006, which I sppose counts for something.

http://headheeb.blogmosis.com/

Peacenow   

Amazingly, there is another comment written this time in the Canadian-Globe&Mail, today. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20070519.SOM19/TPStory/?query=somaliland

In the title, he writes

''In little pockets around Toronto, Somalilanders (different from Somalis) are engaged in nation-building''.

Do you see what they are trying to do? Separate northern and southern Somalis into two distinct and separate people, when they are one.

The cause for this, is that Western press is lookin any success they can find in Africa and they have zoomed in on it in northern Somalia. Just so they can feel better about themselves.

The frequent occurence of it nowadays is a cause of great concern. And we must be alert to counter that. I'm writing a letter to the author, who is sadly another mistaken and ignorant forienger, clueless about the country.

You can never stop in front of the world sxb ,,, things are changing from now on and this is another step for Somaliland's independency.

Peacenow   

Can you tell me how northern Somalis are different to southern Somalis, apart from of course the obvious.

In fact, I thought, as I was writing the above piece. Just how rotten the whole thing is. Instead of uniting and fighting for collective national dignity, we are having discussion like this. Sapping our energy and time. So called 'celebrations' and parties, when our folk are under trees without food and water. Do you please understand me?