Sign in to follow this  
Castro

U.S. air strikes kill 70 Somalis

Castro   

NAIROBI, Jan. 12 (Xinhua) -- Global aid agency Oxfam said on Friday that recent U.S. attacks in Somalia mistakenly targeted nomadic herdsmen and killed 70 people.

In a statement issued in Nairobi, the Britain-based agency said bombs have hit vital water sources as well as large groups of nomads and their animals that had gathered round large fires at night to ward off mosquitoes.

"Further reports have also confirmed that bombings have claimed the lives of 70 people in the Afmadow district. Under international law, there is a duty to distinguish between military and civilian targets," Oxfam said.

"These reports must be taken seriously. These communities are already struggling to survive after a severe drought last year followed by a widespread flooding," said Paul Smith-Lomas, Oxfam's regional director for Horn, East and Central Africa.

Oxfam and its partners warned that the recent escalation in violence is making it extremely difficult for aid agencies to reach people in need.

The aid agency said since late December violence in Somalia has forced an estimated 70,000 people to leave their homes, and has exacerbated an already dire humanitarian situation. Last year, Somalia was hit first by a severe drought and then the worst flooding in 50 years, leaving some 400,000 people homeless.

China View

Inaa Lilaahi Wa inaa ilayhi raaji'uun

This sort of posting seem an enjoyment, that is how it seems at least to me... In the confort of your home, perhaps drinking tea infront of your screen! What a Bloody colded....

^^Don’t be another Castro basher adeer; there are too many of such nomads here already!

Don’t you think these types of posts are needed if nothing else to counter the other suggestive posts, which tend to be full of rosy scenarios?

Well, this is how things are on the ground adeer! If the top dogs of tfg are living in the now defunct Villa in Mogadishu entire villagers with their herds have been wiped out! Ethiopian tanks and American gunners have maimed and killed many more whose death goes unreported!

And you know that the puppets in the capital are happy and even want it to continue…..how sad!

This is not so much an anti-TFG propoganda post as a stark reminder of what the US can get away with these days.

Who will make them accountable for the murders of 70 peaceful Somali souls?

Not the TFG, thats for certain.

Originally posted by Centurion:

?

Not the TFG, thats for certain.

Why not? Arent they the dudes who were responsible for bringing the Habashis into Somali soil? & that when the Habashis were getting an azz whoopin', called on the US?

War Wuxu weji wadkaa..ma weji kaaki ba?

Xiin, My friend I ain't so sad to bash my sxbkay Casto for ain't no good purpose, Clearly I have to notice him to do so, now that's not to be found in the equation, or may be the guy is too cute..

Don’t you think these types of posts are needed if nothing else to counter the other suggestive posts, which tend to be full of rosy scenarios?

Well, this is how things are on the ground adeer! If the top dogs of tfg are living in the now defunct Villa in Mogadishu entire villagers with their herds have been wiped out! Ethiopian tanks and American gunners have maimed and killed many more whose death goes unreported!

And you know that the puppets in the capital are happy and even want it to continue…..how sad!

Well, the other posts have no merit and can only have impact on the Caamada like you, my Castro friend's post is a very powerful and somewhat requires response and routes that neither I, you or him are prepared to take - America is doing in Somalia what it is already doing Iraq in large scale, can you put something on the the table apart from posting and reposting again the same thing..no solution is forthcoming..

With that in mind, sometime is good to be tasted persue intent of an action, knowingly that C is in a confort zone browsing, reading and posting these sensitive topics, perhaps while in the middle of his good Luqmad puts him not in a strong position. One may and can wonder why?

By the way I read the news about few days ago, and even listened the story of a local elder talking to the BBC, dishearting horrific story... re-reading again and again isn't the way forward for me, One man opinion

Castro   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^Don’t be another Castro basher adeer; there are too many of such nomads here already!

I reap what I sow, Xiinow. I started calling these guys names and it's natural they respond in kind. I don't see Horn attacking you and calling you names. Sometimes frustration takes hold of us and we utter that which we later regret.

Besides, I don't consider clannist and secessionist to be insults. I hate to think I'm either of those but one can be both a clannist and a secessionist and still talk sense. ;)

Who cares what anyone is, really. We're all here to share ideas, not underwear.

^^Sure dude, yaa kaa xanaajiyay, Sorry Sxb take it easy its all about exchanging veiws nothing more... take no shit from no one my friend..

By the way, Im out of this I suppose I didn't call you both of the mentioned names above, but only..

Super Natioanlist - Which I think you honestly and genuinetly are.. If you are offended by any chance sorry I won't say it again

:D:D @Castro! I hear you adeer! Last time i checked though Tukaale was a reasonable man so my provakative swing was in many ways a sanity check for him!

LOL@Culumo iyo Caamo!

Tukaale, I guess i am no culumo so that puts me in the Caamo column :D !

Tukaale, I guess i am no culumo so that puts me in the Caamo column

Caamo iyo adi kala dheer ina abtiyow.

icon_razz.gif

I hate to think I'm either of those but one can be both a clannist and a secessionist and still talk sense

:D

^^Xiin Thanks for you concern - the sanity Chech thing, you can never rule out the damning factor that the world changes - I hate to grow old can I remain to be young able and attractive at all time..

But in this respect, Caamo will put you in the Shacab position, don't tell me again you don't understand

Waar waxani waa Shacad - ever heard