Sign in to follow this  
miles-militis

The galloping Ms Edna and her disparaging of Somalia.

Ibtilo,

You seem to be hiding form the fact that Edna is rubish at the job, she is a great midwife and health worker but rubish at diplomacy she needs to quit talking so much garbage when it comes to the south.

Second where is the recognition my dear friend, Britian will recognise us, Ethiopia will recognise us, South Africa will recognise us, when will you realise no onw will ever recognise you no one LOL.

Gediid   

Aduun waxa ugu daran nin ragganimo sheekdey oo ruux dumar ah wax ka sheegayo.I guess Somalis were right when they said

"Raggi turuqyada adkaa tunkoodu libaax ahaa Talaabo xumaa badaley"

Xaasha in aan maanta meel public ah ruux dumar ah in aan amaan mooyaaney cay la tiigsado but I guess waxaad ceebta u taqaan nin bey caadadiidii tahay.

mrs edna took me out of my moms womb! and slap the heck out of me! may be i still pissed with here for doing that!she will be in la soon, but i had to bycott it since i dont agree with her political veiws! sorry Adna, i wish u stick to your profession and not jump to bs politics!

gimme a break! u slapped once may be u will shoot me next time u see me! so why show up to meet me! call chicken! but i rather live!!!!!!

peace! hellen killer!

My dear Mr Oodweyne,

How disappointing! For a moment there I thought you were going to have an Einstein moment to offer critical contribution to the subject matter, and then to my disappointment I see as usual you mananged to circumvent virtuous raison d'être by trivialising the dialogue, display proficiency in the art of beguiling and dodging issues at stake, begin banging on about domestic political oratory ala Ina Waraabe, or shall I say clan rhetoric ala Ina Sh. Madar of which only rhythm enthrals the Hargeysa [operative term] crowd, and reiterate your distasteful habit of reaching for the mulch shuffle one last time to defile anyone who subscribes not to your Manchurian interpretation of Somali politics. This uniquely abominable trend noticeable in your posts which attempts to portray anything south of the Togdheer swamps as an inhabitable, horrid environment whilst painting rosy oils ala De Vinci, metaphorically speaking of course, of anything to the north could perhaps be explained by the less enchanting, distraughtly worrisome reports coming out of the northwest regions of Somalia.

Observed I might also add in your narrative, neither systematic nor methodical, is a trend to regurgitate tattles in various formats with local twist, yet never offering academically illustrious insight into, and as to why the intellectual poverty, social wretchedness and hindrance, communal deprivation, political ambivalence and uncertainty, and why things have turned out the way they did. As well as could be expected, the ten year-old Somali could do the honours in narrating, eloquently I might add the events of pre as well as post-civil war far better than a dozen pseudo social and political scholars segregated in their respective seats of learnings in quest for a escapism from the grimy pages of the texts devoured which are neither pertinent nor applicable in an ever so embryonic environment. But when the pretensions elitist scholars confine their illogical situational analysis to narrative telltales of regionalist proclivity, who at times hurriedly offer prescriptions for complex social and political matters they hardly digest, then their quagmire in no different from that of the bogus doctorship practised in the poverty-ridden sub-continental regions of Asia.

Now, you seem to be digressing from the point of discussion to areas for which you seem to show very little, if any comprehension i.e. the true stakeholders in the land of Somalis. It is laughable how you consider the myopic A/Qassim, Yalahow and Hiiraale alliance in a position to offer tangible perspective as to the blight of the residents in Mogadishu let alone other regions, or challenge of substance to any future government. Perhaps once you have accepted the embryonic political structure in place, then we shall have engaged in meaningful discussions with respect to the local politics in southern regions. Until then, keep the dream of the untenable alive.

Let us keep it short here, shall we? See if you could stay with me.

It is Ms Enda’s qualification as a foreign minister (nominal mind you) that is being questioned. Not her person. Not her family’s. Nor her qualities as a midwive. Does she, or does she not is the question? Unfortunately the answer is, not quite.

What is disturbing is how you find it acceptable, and even go as far as to praise Ms Edna to call 15 regions of Somalia as terrorist training ground some of which she could not even point to on the map, yet you find the activities of the PIF (Puntland intelligence) organisation which rightly monitors activities of foreign nationals in the region unacceptable. How do you reconcile those?

Now, recognition – I see you are as ever very much in line with Ms Edna in yet prophesying when the Messiah will be have been reincarnated, (I am sure my Christian colleagues will be delighted to learn that) in other words, have a hand in the upcoming unknown factor. How, I wonder? You must be either listening to the Genie, or worse yet consulting the Wichi board, or perhaps as in your case spinning the rosary one last time, to be privy to the indefinite, read minds to be so certain as to tenement of the highly desired object. Perhaps Mr Oodwayne, or better yet Ms Edna could be good enough as to tell us what the winning numbers are for the lottery jackpot as we would be forever indebted to you. Or is it hereditary I wonder? And may I also add that I would be the first one to congratulate you and your folks if and when the highly sought recognition of a clan republic has been attained for the Hargeysa – Burco strip.

Islands like Taiwan have both political (for china – supreme economy, huge market and potential superpower) and economic significance for the western governments. What does Hargeysa offer in return, did you ever ask yourself that questions? If so, enlighten me.

As for federalism – in case it has not dawned on you mate, federalism simply attempts to recognise units (administrations and regions) presently in place, pragmatic if you will, and not reinventing the wheel of the colonial legacy as the case might be for northwest, and not repeating the state gaffes of the military regime as A/Qassim et al seem to view as the resolution. I guess you are not well read in any of these even though here lies the core of the political quandary of Somalia. Or have you not gone past the surface yet?

What would you like to debate now - see if you could pick a subject area:

- The lack of credible leadership on sight in Hargeysa other than Riyaale and remnants of the old regime which compounds the aggravation felt by the average person so tired of the lies, corruption in unseen proportions, public service being non-existent, meagre handouts from donor nations being misappropriated, and worse of all the one-city style administration on its final leg loosing momentum. Whilst on one hand the public sees through the ill-fated mission aborted, sporting rather elitist ideologies there sipping the lukewarm caraq are the likes of Mr Oodwayne whose entire existence depends upon preaching the Bible drafted, endorsed by the old empire which bears neither relevance to the grievances of the deprived locals, nor to the trodden leadership in political turmoil.

- An inherent breakdown within the political structure in Northwest, morally and ethically corrupt, split right in the hump with the federalist proponents (traditional elders and political leaders –kulmiye leadership and supporters, majority mind you) en route to Nairobi,

- The dream of Federalism slowly but surely becoming a reality which strike quite a blow to the egotistical secessionist camp,

- Maandeeq [irmaan&lammaan] on its way home,

- Better yet, do you wish to discuss the local politics of Puntland. Here is where your argument lacks basis and genuine direction. And note here old chap I am only indulging you as you seem to have lost the plot once you have branded Puntland as the Bamboozeland (I see you have borrowed a line from the books of the Samatar brothers, eh). Refusing to accept reality and denying the existence of the administration in Puntland is indicative of your lack of grasp for the very issues you wish to debate. Case of devouring the broth, but not wanting to touch the animal, would not you say mate? Perhaps once you have gone past that line, you and I could engage in a meaningful dialogue, until then tata old chum.

- Here, read this, and tell me if the picture you portray of Puntland resonates with the one described here in the news article http://allpuntland.com/news1/news/news_item.asp?NewsID=912 what is wrong with the picture? You tell me Mr Oodwayne.

Oooh, Mr Oodweyne – in case you are still in your usual hallucinatory mode, and I am hoping this will have reached you in a sober state well before your daily ration of the caraq has gotten the better of you, here is a piece of news that should disprove your “ ….. Humpty-Dumpty of a conference is about to hit the buffer-zone with more walkouts than your average Parisian's fashion seasoned Catwalks …"

Makes one wonder how oblivious you are to the realities on the ground. Not even your hero A/Qassim, or was it Yalahow will have had a chance in hell.

And by the way, did you hear the latest from your hero – Aw A/Qassim:

- That he must be given some 7 million euros to pay off businessmen in Mogadishu,

- That he should be granted amnesty from all crimes, and recognised a statesman.

And if agreed, he would support the outcome of the national peace process.

i_logo02.jpg

Press Statement

Adam Ereli, Deputy Spokesman

Washington, DC

September 22, 2003

The United States commends the ongoing work of Somali leaders and civil society representatives to achieve reconciliation through the Somalia Reconciliation Conference hosted by the Kenyan government. Events over the past week have demonstrated that Somali leaders have the ability to work through their differences and achieve workable compromises. Much more remains to be done to develop a lasting peace and sustainable government, but reconciliation at this time will ensure the development of a representative parliament as a critical step in the process.

The United States urges all parties to continue advancing the reconciliation process in a real and meaningful way. The United States further urges all participants to ensure those critical activities in the process, especially the selection of members of parliament, be carried out in a transparent manner.

[End]

Released on September 22, 2003

Xalimo7   

Greetings,

Well Mr SmithNwestern, nice to see you, but you are still spreading unfounded rumor, let me ask you this Mr SmithNwestern,why you are so obssesed with the ppl of Somaliland,don't you know ,Sir .Citizens of every nation and country have the attendant right to make free choices about their own lives and deaths, but have no right to choose death for others against their wills. Remember Sir most of matters are Local! so we must move on and forget this nonsense. Well i can tell you for my experience in Hargeis it is Thriving yes indeed and i don't know how to convince you when you have to copy and paste the western magazines, come yourself and see then make your own judgement. Peace brother and i will check you guys again in due course , i have to run now. bye all and god bless. Love you SNW.

bye dude

Halimo7- That feeling of love I trust is mutual amongst nomads my dear. Question for you love, how far out of Hargeysa have you been able to travel? And if any, what has been your experience?

And by the way, last time as I recall you were going to take us on tour. What has become of that? Are we still on hold?

Perhaps you could be our imbedded journalist and tell us as to what seems to be the matter with the airport?

Best of luck,

Enjoy your stay.

Cheers.