Sign in to follow this  
Muhammad

Do not despair

Muhammad   

1_1.gif

34005512981.gif

136. For such the reward is forgiveness from their Lord, and Gardens with rivers flowing underneath,- an eternal dwelling: How excellent a recompense for those who work (and strive)!

137. Many were the Ways of Life that have passed away before you: travel through the earth, and see what was the end of those who rejected Truth.

138. Here is a plain statement to men, a guidance and instruction to those who fear Allah.

139. So lose not heart, nor fall into despair: For ye must gain mastery if ye are true in Faith.

audioanim.gif (Hussary)

@So lose not heart, nor fall into despair: For ye must gain mastery if ye are true in Faith.

And that’s the notch, is it not?

Success in both worlds = sincerity + knowledge + consistency + conformity .

Johnny B   

Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies and rivers at the bottom of it too?

Pi   

Muhammed, you have an eye for spotting evocative verses so keep sharing them, man.

Khayr   

Originally posted by J B:

Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies and rivers at the bottom of it too?

Forms have meaning and they don't have a 'subjective' meaning. They have a 'holistic' meaning that is not just one or two dimensional i.e. The Garden is Beautiful (cause I think it is beautiful-therefor, it must be beautiful). Rather, the Garden is Beautiful because it reflects certain Divine Attributes and serves a Divine Purpose and to appreciate that, we have to understand the relations (divine attributes) that give it the 'meaning' i.e. that THE Garden is Beautiful.

Muhammad   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^^Right. But it is an added flavor, don’t ye not think so good
JB
?

even more, when you're in a desert!

Mashallah! JUST BEAUTIFULL. that ayah and the one after must be my favorites of the whole Qur'an: 140. If a wound hath touched you, be sure a similar wound hath touched the others. Such days (of varying fortunes) We give to men and men by turns : that Allah may know those that believe, and that He may take to Himself from your ranks Martyr-witnesses (to Truth). And Allah loveth not those that do wrong.

We give to men and men by turns[/b.it reminds me of that cheesy metaphor(not that am comparing, subhanalah): and the wheels of fortune turned. it is one of the mucjiza of the Quran to have the effect it has on the human heart(those who are willing to listen). Every time you read, you feel like it is only for you. So special smile.gif

------------------------------------------------

Get Up! Up Even the best fall down sometimes