Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Xasan dahir Aways Al Shabaab clan network blamed for Galkacyu murders

Adeer the death of this marxuum pains us all. the first thing i did this morning when i saw it was call the family si aan ugu tacsiyeyo...but dont tell us xasan dahir is behing Biixi's killing. I mean that is desparate adeer. Thier mafias and gangs who are doing these stuff and IA they will be found and justice will prevail. I despise ina yey iyo wuxu somali geyeysiiyey but i dont support senseless killing. And the Bixis had their share of injustice done to them during Ina Qaybdiid's breif capture of Galkacyo. They will overcome this one as well inshaa Allah. Peope are rightly angry but everybody is not dolling out accusations like you are saaxiib...

Xiin, saxib I pointed out to you clearly why the fingers are pointed at this group. You seem to be no more than an appeaser for this group and excuse their actions at every turn. As for the deceased it’s a family loss personal to me not politics the man was blood., I am more than shocked, angry and bewildered by this act.

Dhubad.   

Duke, could the mercenaries who work for the Ethiopians be behind this?

Mise Ethiopiaku waa blameless..!

Juje   

Duke, horta inti dhimatey Allah uu naxaristo - teeda kale Cali Jaamac was the sixth of the same sub-sub -clan men who were assasinated in Galkacyo - thus I very much doubt whether Aweys or even Al-Shabaab have anything to do with it.

Look no further than your surroundings and the policy of your adeer and Caade.

Don't blame this on the bell-boy Duke.

The Zack   

Someone tell this Duke guy that Al-shabaab is not from one clan. How can a group that has all the Somali clans in it target one specific clan? That just doesn't make sense! Common sense noola imow before throwing accusations to here and there.

money   

Some people are just so bad and so behind... the primitive brain of people who ascribe to genealogical grouping is in show here with their tribal drumbeats and clan bashing. How long will this ignorance go on? what is with some Somalis and when will common sense prevail? How can we get back our country when its people, specially the ones who you think have come to the civilized and progressive world are still caught in the clannish plague as the backward people they support or advocate for in their sickening posts.

Just to make sense of it or rationalize, one needs to resort to using herbs and other heavy stuff.

Are there stop signs in the sky for the airplanes? Does a Somali think outside the clan box?

One guy is shot to death in some remote Somali town. Folks related to guy are fuming with anger and are inciting their clansmen to revenge this.

So familiar but so unexpected to see it in cyber space too.

Millions of Somalis were killed and are still being killed in every part and corner in Somalia.

The insanity that is Somalia goes on and still instead of trying to see the bigger picture and think of how to end this lunacy, all people could do is just go through the emotional cyclical retribution and animosity.

Would there ever be a break of the norm and end to the fratricidal cycle? would our people ever become sane and sensible?

we need a counsel, we don't have common sense and we definitely don't think. Our basic animal instinct is more dominant and our allegiance and loyalty to clannish primitivism play the biggest part in our whole mindset and dealings.

One guy is killed? one warlord gets power? people form factions based on clan allegiance? others use extreme measures to create more havoc and chaos. petty opportunistic men prostitute themselves for foreign powers and enemies.

I was just listening to Senator Mcain ( who I won't vote for and pray to lose the election) on NPR yesterday while he was in Hudson Wisconsin and

one statement he made at the end of his dismal speech made me think and reflect on the situation of Somalia.

he said, and i think this is part of his speech lately:

in war and peace, I have been an imperfect servant of my country. But I have been her servant first, last and always. Whenever I faced an important choice between my country's interests or my own interests, party politics or any special interest, I chose my country. Nothing has ever mattered more to me than the honor of serving America, and nothing ever will.

When we will see a Somali who talks like this or even thinks like this? putting the country before the clan? Will it ever happen in our lifetime?

We have been in perpetual war for two decades, it doesn't get better and its toll on our people , psyche and soul has been so damaging,. the perpetrators of this insanity are relentless and their numbers increase by the day.

No matter how bad and imperfect one is, can Somali person ever boast of being the servant of the Somali nation only and can a Somali put the interest of Somalia and its people over the interest of his own uncles and clans? be they warlords, or religious fanatics?

With my short stay in these forums ( i just joined recently) I haven't came across any and the things some of the forum posters spew here are way out of my league and could be classified as hate speech, hate mongering and quite simply ignorance.

It effects me and I sometimes lose my senses and become numb. Here we have some guy killed and one beats drums of war, accuses whole community and wants blood. There has been blood and there will be blood! but do you know how to make peace, how to not blame whole group of people for the act of one or few bad apples? how to not paint whole community in one brush?

Thousands of innocent Somalis, from all walks of life , regions , groupings are slaughtered in Somalia on daily basis. Just google news from Somalia in any day and its all about murder, displacement, wars, famine, diseases, piracy, fanaticisms, warlords, conflict, failure and hopelessness. Twenty some years, this has been going on or maybe before but it wasn't crazy as this. Somalis don't know how to just say wait a second, what is going on? what has been going on?

I honestly believe that Miss Teen South Carolina is much smarter than us for she was able to at least try to form her opinions on why some US-Americans can spot America on a Map. Her answer was simple she said most don't have maps in their homes. I guess if they asked her why Somalia is in this mess, her answer would be some Somalis don't have brain in their head or skull or whatever.

I am sorry to lecture but this is sad and it must stop. we need to challenge ourselves and join the civilized world. If you don't do it who would ?

Please think and hate the warlords, the brutality, the occupation, the clan culture, the ignorance, the extremism, the continuous conflict. Please I beg change your behavior and primitivism, so we can all claim our dignity collectively and become a respected nation and people among nations, so we can provide for our children, repay back to the sacrifices of our mothers, change the way of our fathers and re-build our country. Somalia is way too rich and too important to be abandoned to the hands of warlords and its foreign backs, or the extreme elements of dogmas and fantaicism.

Originally posted by money:

When we will see a Somali who talks like this or even thinks like this? putting the country before the clan? Will it ever happen in our lifetime?

^^Sh. Sharif is the one guy you are looking for! Do you see him as such though? Or you yourself are overcome by the very emotions and shortsightedness you are reproaching?

Support the peace process. The only sanity and wisdom you could find in Somali politics as of late is what happened in Jabbuuti. But it takes a sane person to recognize what sanity looks like.

With my short stay in these forums ( i just joined recently) I haven't came across any and the things some of the forum posters spew here are way out of my league and could be classified as hate speech, hate mongering and quite simply ignorance.

It effects me and I sometimes lose my senses and become numb. Here we have some guy killed and one beats drums of war, accuses whole community and wants blood. There has been blood and there will be blood! but do you know how to make peace, how to not blame whole group of people for the act of one or few bad apples? how to not paint whole community in one brush?

There is one way to deal with this. Simply ignore posts and threads like what you are describing. Believe me, waxaas dhan maba la aqriyo, because it would be too much to realize crap like that were uttered or written by a so-called Soomaali.

Soomaali dad ayee Soomaalinimada u tahay shaatinimo, dantooda iyo danta tolkooda kaliya markee jirto magaca Soomaaliyeed iyo dalka Soomaaliyeed huwado, marka kalena qashinqubka ku daro.

money   

MMA ..ok Xiin ..Frst time I heard sheikh Sharif, I had goose bumps and tears came to my eyes, I think it was on BBC when the Islamic Courts came to power by ousting the awfl warlords in mid 2006. After then, I think his group ( not him) fell into the trap and became what the Somali enemies wanted them to be...an excuse for the invasion and for the strikes. I don't bet on person and one group. This is for all of us and the leadership should consult and get our consensus. did they do that? no..no Somali group does listen to outside inputs and different insights. No group compromises. The warlords do the biddings of our enemies so they should be ashamed and eliminated and persecuted.

Djibouti peace deal was a start and it's better than nothing but we wait and see if it is gonna be another Somali peace deal or different. My support of any deal now depends its outcome. All the 15 previous deals never brought peace to Somalia. So my skepticism is legitimate. Sometimes I tell I convince myself to give up and forget the whole thing but then that is lie cos I am Somali and love my people and land and what is going on pains me a lot.

I love Islam and I love movies, sports, arts ad culture and some of the group's extreme elements would probably ban me or beat me or even kill me if I dare to oppose their views on my personal and individual freedom. When it comes to warlords and wadaado, I am with wadaado for they would let me work, do business, facilitate commerce and create peace and stability, necessary tools for investment and trading. I hope don't get me wrong and label me. My name is money and I am socially conscious, culturally liberal, economically capital venture-ist and philanthropist...and religiously moderate

^^So you are conflicted about the Jabbuuti peace deal. You are sitting it out to see if it fails or succeeds…you want to see the outcome!

Adeer when I read your long lecture I thought inaad bislaatay laakiin weli ma aadan bislaan…Somali manta balaaya ku habsatay kuweena qurbaha jooggaa intay sitting on the sidelines na wax badan ba ma hagaagayaan…you need to actively support the Jabbuuti initiative as you actively supported the muqaawamah.

money   

xiinfiniin,No xiin I am not conflicted and I support the Djibouti peace deal. It is now 30 days, did hostilities end? we got 90 more days to see if the Tigre occupation force will get out. I am not sitting on the sidelines and I am involved very actively in other stuff ..or alternatives. I hope and pray that this Djibouti deal to work. But as a natural born pragmatist, i don't jump to any bandwagon wholeheartedly.

Qorya-lacagow, the hostilities will not end as long one group or other wants to fight. The measure of this Agreement will be whether Ethiopian troops withdraw completely or even start credible withdrawal from major urban centers. The alternative is quite familiar; keep the fight going and let Ethiopia continue to take advantage of it.

Supporting Jabbuuti agreement is the moral think to do. The other approach allows the demagogues to take root and grow. That you shall never support adeer…

money   

Xiin muran maa iska rabtaa mise waxaan kuu sheegaayo ee gees gees ku maraayo oo kugu socon. Kun iyo kow jeer aan taageersanahay hishiiska jabuuti waana run waxaa sheegeeyso ..aad iyo aadna waa kuugu raacsanahay ...

Laakiin ka waran hadoow shaqeeyn waayo? ma laga fekeray taas? 16 hore aa la qabtay midkoodna ma shaqeeynin ...isla jidkii iyo formula-dii aa la wadaa ...kan waxaa ka maqan kooxo qaar oo aduunka kooxda ka taliso ee awooda sheegato calaamadeeysatay? Kuwaas iyagana maaha kuwa wax maqlaayo, kuwa itoobiyaanka la socoto iskaba daa waa ognahay kuligeena waxeey yihiin iyo dadnimo xumadooda ....

marka maxaa rabtaa? 120 beri 30 waa ka soo gudubnay ...tareenkaan nabaddana weli ma bilaabin inoow dhaqaaqo...kuwa asmara (ARS) ayagaa la hexdhexaadinaa ..kuwa badan o ku jiro waa dad la ogyahay waxeey yihiin ..Caydiid Junior aa ku jiro for god's sake ....indhacadde aa ku jiro ....

Qanyare iyo Muusa suudi hadda aaba hubkoodii iyo mid ka sii badan la siiyay oo Itoobiyaanku ciyoontiiba waxeey bilaabeen sideey dhabar jabin ugu sameeyn lahaayeen jabuuti ...Carta iyo Cabdiqaasim, Galayr, iyagaa ka taqalusay waxa hadda hishiiska gaarayna waxeey u arkaan Jaamac Cali Jaamaac, jaamac maxamed Qaalib, Islaax, Maxamuud Cabdi Yuusuf, Zakariye, Ibbi, baandadii cabdiqaasim oo wadaadadda la soo saftay. Nuur Cadde iyo Axmed cabdisalaan are doing their best to play their role of practicality but they know power rests with the Ethiopians, warlords and Bush. Meles was at the G8 summit and god knows what they told him. He was supposed to be arraigned for war crimes like the Sudanese president...no he is their buddy and maybe they were telling him job well done for inflicting such damage on these hardheaded Somalis who humiliated us back in 1990's (black hawk down) and thwarted our experimental new world order plan.