Sign in to follow this  
Jaamac_Bootaan

What Kind Of Business Would You Start In Somalia With $50.000 USD?

..someone is fishing for ideas :D:D

My ideas are sacred to me..I'm not looking for others to steal it away from me ;)

But seeing as I already started typing away, I'll let others make it into a reality.

I'm looking to start a software firm that provides for all purposes (retails, law, medical, etc)... Giving my people the catchup start to da teck world ;) ...

Profit gained - would like to open up an Orphanage.

N.O.R.F   

^^^gud idea, what u wud do with the money that is icon_razz.gif

For myself, there are loads of possibilities, the main one that takes my interest is to become the main contractor for masjid, schools and road/pavement construction, regional or national; ie establish a firm of skilled workers who will be able to carry out contrcatual/construction work, on time, within budget and to the best of our ability. A PFI/PPP firm if u like. A very much needed skill in our homeland. Imagine having a road network we could be proud of.

Profits will go towards many areas, where its needed most at the time,,,,,

sahal   

buy 3 Landcruiser (cabdi bile) from dubai and fit 3 shilke or 37 guns with about 30 militias, and take part the Nairobi cnference as a leader of ..., believe me some of them have no even 3 tiknikoo's :D

that's not bad business smile.gif .

Just joking :cool: .

50.000 dollar is nothing in somalia, so the best investment is to bring about 6 family members from somalia to Uk or US (by a XAMBAARIS way) so that they can work, study etc and gives you back your money or more.

the best benefit for you is that you helped them to get out from terrible and hazard life to better and prospect life.

Upper Cut, I feel U man! That's exactly what I would have done. Start a contruction company, because sooner or later there'll be a government and I just got to have myself a contract to build schools, government buildings, roads, bridges etc.

And $50.000 USD is a lot of money in Somalia, don't be mistaken. Even if your business fails than you have at least provided work for the Somali people.

My second choice would be manufacturing business.

Nabad iyo Caano

Bokero   

Commercial farming.. in the short term i may cultivate maruana plant the returns are high.. the plant does not need care cos its weed. futhermore it's harmless and may bring peace to the country high people dont fight they chill...

Som@li   

a Big factory which process Camel meat!!there is big demand for camel meat in and outside the country.

what ever u do,good luck.

Ali

How about buying a large track of land? You can always sell it far more than you paid it for. This is a really good investment for the future. I hear so many foreigners are now buying up on lands for the purpose of selling it to the gov't for profit.