Sign in to follow this  
Salafi_Online

Banning the Qur'aan?

Christian group may seek to ban Qur'an

Stephen Bates and Julian Glover

Wednesday October 12, 2005

The Guardian

A Protestant evangelical pressure group has warned that it will try to use the government's racial and religious hatred law to prosecute bookshops selling the Qur'an for inciting religious hatred.

Christian Voice, a fringe fundamentalist group which first came to public prominence this year when it campaigned against the BBC's broadcasting of Jerry Springer The Opera, was among the evangelical organisations taking part in a 1,000-strong demonstration against the bill outside parliament yesterday as the House of Lords held a second reading debate on the measure.

Article continues

Its director, Stephen Green, said the organisation would consider taking out prosecutions against shops selling the Islamic holy book. He told the Guardian: "If the Qur'an is not hate speech, I don't know what is. We will report staff who sell it. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that unbelievers must be killed."

The sectarian organisation's tactics have regularly appalled other Christian groups. Its website proclaims its right to protect its own freedom of speech in attacking other religious groups: MPs "have no right to try to stifle our freedom to preach the gospel. It is not just Islam which is the problem. If a preacher is explaining the horrors of Hinduism ... a charge of stirring up religious hatred would be almost inevitable. Preaching against sin in general, or adultery or homosexuality in particular, may also land a preacher in court."

The bill has seen a wide range of Christian groups making common cause with secularists. Yesterday the Catholic church, while welcoming the measure in principle, expressed doubts about the drafting of the legislation, as have Church of England bishops. A Church of England spokesman said: "We regard the test of stirring up hatred to be a strong one which would be unlikely to penalise preachers or comedians going about their normal business. However, we wish to be reassured that the formulation of the offence will distinguish clearly between words and actions which incite hatred and expressions of opinion which are merely controversial or offensive."

During yesterday's Lords debate the former Archbishop of Canterbury Lord Carey said that it "threatens civil liberties".

"I am troubled by the bill before us and feel that rather than strengthening the social fabric of our society it would weaken it. It has the potential to drive a wedge between the Muslim community and the rest of us," he said.

He was joined in opposing the measure by the Bishop of Winchester and the former Lord Chancellor Lord Mackay, who questioned its failure to define religious belief.

But the lord chancellor, Lord Falconer, told the upper house that "the bill will not have the impact on freedom of speech which opponents say it will. Incitement to religious hatred represents a gap in the criminal law and it is right that it be filled."

Most of the Christian running against the bill has been made by evangelical groups.

Allahu Musta'an.

N.O.R.F   

No other religion which can claim to teach tolerance, pluralism and respect for the other as beautifully as Islam. Here is just one example and I challenge Mr Tony Blair to produce a similar text from Christian sources that specifically recognise other religions.

"Those who believe, and those who are Jewish, and Christians and the Sabians, -- any who believe in God and the Day of Judgement and perform righteous deeds, shall have their reward with their lord; on them shall be no fear, or shall they grieve". (Qur’an, 2:62, 5:69).

It is true that there are verses in the Qur’an that advocate taking arms in self-defence – as the Iraqi people are resisting foreign occupation of their land. Yet these verses are taken out of context and deliberately misinterpreted as to advocate violence in order to smear the Qur’an and Islam. Contrary to Christian teachings about Prophet Mohammed, Muslims revere Jesus and recognise his miracle.

The linking of violence to the Qur’an is deliberate and designed to incite violence and prejudice against Muslims. Muslims are not interested in changing Blair or Bush "ways of life". The opposite is true. It is Blair and Bush who are interested in changing not only the Iraqis ways of live, but also other people ways of live and impose an imperialist- Western model.

Source:The ‘Evil Ideology’

The teachings of Islam are peace and equality

by Ghali Hassan

Baluug   

I'm not surprised something like this would happen, but I doubt the law would pass, and if it does, hopefully insha Allah someone does something about it.

sahal   

Salafi D'wa wrote:

this Ummah will split into seventy-three sects: seventy-two will be in the Fire and one in Paradise and that is the Jamaa'ah." [Reported by Abu Daawood - Sahih]

Salafi Da'wa before you talk the harm that may fall on us and the suffering of MUSLIMS around the world and before you encourage us to do something about this suffering enz. before all that... please and please remove your heart the HATRED and the complex against the other MUSLIMS rather than the NON MUSLIMS

First acknowledge that they're MUSLIM and they will enter JANNAH INSHALLAAH regardless of their MADHABS and regardless of what others say about them, don't present above HDITH at every ceremony and in every occasion as this is the only HADITH in ISLAM or this is the best HADITH enz. This is nothing more the implying that your group is the only group who deserve to enter paradise and this is not ISLAMIC BEHAVIOUR it is sickness in your heart.

Furthermore, how can you criticise the evangelic extremist Christian group in their country to suspect Muslims intolerance while your group always claim that 72 Muslim groups will go to HELL and only one group (implying that is your group) will enter the JANNAH? Why this double standard? Why..?

What should we answer if this group says you MUSLIMS are putting each others into the hell what about us?

As I said earlier first reconcile to your MUSLIM brothers and unite with them and don't prevent them entering JANNAH by caliming (in every occasion and in everywhere as we can see now your title) that only one MUSLIM group will enter the JANNAH and the rest will go to hell (ILAAHAY BAAN KA MAGANGANAYE). Sop such childish claims and then talk about the MUSLIM suffernig enz.

Finally, there are many interoperations of the above hadith if we assume it's SAHIH. However, many ULUMA reject this hadith as it opposes many VERSES in the QURAN and plenty of well known SAHIH HADITHS. So do we accept this HADITH and ignore all other VERSES in the QURAN and HADITHS which clearly opposes this HADITH? Should we open all our preaches with this HADITH as it's the fundamental of ISLAM in everywhere and in every occasion as your group does?

Where are the other tens of thousands of HADITHS and thousands of VERSES in the QURAN which give us hope, joy and cheerfulness?

Viking   

sahal,

This hadith clearly contradicts the Qur'an when it is taken literally. In this post I tried to shed some light on to how it ought to be viewed, allegorically instead of literally in order not to miss the point being made by our Noble Prophet SAWS.

Salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa baarakatu

Sahl inshallah I do not wish to argue with you on the account of the Rasul who said" i promise jannah for the one who leaves off argumentation even if he is right"

on this account inshallah i would like to address few things

1. this is off topic, inshallah lets stay on topic. Inshallah if you have anything relevant to the topic at hand I would be more then happy to address it if i feel there is a need for it.

2. I have read extensively on the "Taiful Mansoor" "Th save sect" from Ibn Taymiyah, Imam Ahmed, Hasan al Basri, and Salaf. My simple challenge to you is can you provide proof that the first three generation did not believe in the save sect.

Viking, your observations are but mere opinions, the first three generation who understood this deen took it literal. Please refer to the book called: the Saved Sect: by the Student of Ibn Uthaymeen, Shaykh Fawzi

sahal   

Please refer to the book called: the Saved Sect: by the Student of Ibn Uthaymeen, Shaykh Fawzi

Stil you're insisting that your group is the so-called Saved Sect :mad: ,

So, What should we answer if this christian group says you MUSLIMS are putting each others into the hell what about us?

Aren't they Right? :D

Sahal, nice to see your back and havent lost your touch :D

Refering to the topic, I think its fear which is causing them to think of taking such measures.

It also shows how unknowlegable they are on Islam, the Quraan does dictate on the islamic way of life but most of the stipulations can only be fulfilled in a conducive environment where Islamic law is followed in its entirety. Islam may say kill unbeleivers but it also beleives in equality and accountability. Now you tell me will a muslim out of the blues attack a non beleiver? Nope, does he have the right to? no.

Like any other religion, there are matters which are frowned upon and prohibited this is what it makes it unique. Question is by banning the Quraan, what can be acheived?? In my opinion, it will make people more interested to know why it was banned and want to own a copy and find out for themselves. Its a shame to see that the Quraan with its idea of tolerance and moral perfection wants to be banned while the bible with its few stories of immorality(most of the prophets in the bible are claimed to have commited incest, audhubillah) is left to stand on the bookshelf.

3:103. And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allâh (i.e. this Qur'ân), and be not divided among yourselves, and remember Allâh's Favour on you, for you were enemies one to another but He joined your hearts together, so that, by His Grace, you became brethren (in Islâmic Faith), and you were on the brink of a pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus Allâh makes His Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.,) clear to you, that you may be guided.

Us being muslims is just a blessing. Got nothing to do with sects,the Good Muslim will be rewarded. Do what you can do, read the Quraan, practise and adhere to the Sunnah, take the Anbiya and Sahaba as role models and dont forsake the world, got to find the balance. Use common sense as there was no Sunni, shia nor salafi in the time of the Prophet SAW.We are blowing sectarianism to strange proportions.Personally,I hate this sectarianism, seems to be a never ending story. Lets be Muslims and help each other grow and be better people.