Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

The 5 Most Dangerous Somali Warlords

Gabbal   

Butcher Of Hargeisa And Kismayo

General Morgan was responsible of killing, maiming, and injuring thousands of civilians in North West Somalia as well as destroying Hargeisa and other towns in the same region during in 1987-89. In the years of 1991-2001, Morgan was a terrorist leader.. He led a SRRC group who killed thousands of Somalis at the border towns. His group attacked and killed more than 50 civilian at the Kismayo city Aug 6, 2001.

code:

Osman Hassan Ali "Ato"

A millionaire businessman, reputed arms dealer and drug trafficker, self-styled diplomat and warmaker, Osman Hassan Ali has his own private army in Somalia.

Osman Ato is far removed from the character of Somali warlords, men greedy for power and wealth at any cost.

60 Years old.Started working for foreign oil companies as an errand boy at age 9 when his father died. At age 13 was operating heavy equipment.

When the oil companies needed to reduce their exposure in Somalia in the 60s, Ato was allowed to purchase the equipment which he then leased back to the oil companies. He made millions. He also made money contracting for USAID.

Ato was one of the organizers of the resistance inside Muqdisho during the assault against Siyaad in 1989. Responsible for several bombings and other acts which annoyed the regime.

Became Aydiid's chief financial backer during the coup and the civil war. He was behind the dismantling and sale of many public enterprises, from monuments to factories, in order to finance the war.

Arrested by the Americans in 1993 after his vehicle was bombed. Still, he remains very pro American and "American" in his attitude. After four months in jail became a changed man. He had a falling out with Aydiid in early 1994 but kept it quiet.

When it became apparent in late 1994 that UNOSOM was leaving (and Ato's business would dry up) he tried unsuccessfully to convince Aydiid to moderate his views. Aydiid insisted on being president and prime minister. Ato asked that Abdullahi Yusuf be named prime minister.

In February, 1995 his conflict with Aydiid came into the open. A meeting of the Sa'ad elders backed Ato over Aydiid. Ato also began to reach out to Ali Mahdi, meeting with him in February. He also forged an alliance with Ali Mahdi ally Ali Ugaas. When the UN pulled out in March, 1995. Ato sent some of his 160 technicals to prevent Aydiid from seizing the port and airport. The two former allies battled for several hours outside the gates of the airport.

In October, 2000. warlord Osma Hassan Ali "Ato's" militias hot and killed Yusuf Tallan, a former army general and a delegate to the Djibouti conference. He was shot after he refused to get into a vehicle with the militia. The killing was because of Atto's business deals in the north and the deal between Mohamed Ibrahim Egal and Atto in order to destabilize the south.

Osman Ato, the leader of the ‘Akara’ Group, the main architect of the Somalia civil war, the man who looted and destroyed much of the country’s resources (factories, port and airport equipment’s etc.).

He made a habit of organizing meetings and destroying them before any agreement is reached. Note that his name does not appear in the new coalition of warlords, even though he attended the meeting in Awasa. Mr. Ato was involved in several kidnappings of humanitarian workers in Mogadishu. His collaborators have kidnapped nine ICRC staff in Mogadishu in 1998 and kept them until they were paid a ransom. Mr. Ato’s militia were also responsible for the kidnapping of two AICF humanitarian aid workers in Mogadishu for 55 days in August 2000 before they were released after payment of a hefty ransom .

code:

Hussein Aidid , who was responsible for the atrocities committed during the long occupation of Bay and Bakol regions by his militia he was the first head of a new coalition of warlords formed in Ethiopia. In April 1999, Hussein Aidid sent a joint letter with other faction leaders to the UN Security Council, protesting against Ethiopian incursions into the Somalia border region

code:

Abdullahi Yusuf , Ethiopia’s best friend and the man who was responsible for forming the first clan-based militia served in the Somali army and was involved in a failed military coup in 1978. He fled to Ethiopia, where he was one of the founders of the Somali Salvation Democratic Front (SSDF).

The colonel was detained by the former Ethiopian dictator Mengistu Haile Mariam for using Libyan money to buy the services of senior Ethiopian officers to help assassinate his opponents within the SSDF. He served seven years until he was released as a result of the EPRDF take-over of Ethiopia in 1991. Colonel Yusuf was responsible for the killing of hundreds of his own clansmen in Garowe in 1992. He has tried repeatedly to form alliances with all main Southern warlords, but failed. The other warlords know he has a penchant for assassinations.

code:

Musa Sudi , one of the most ruthless warlords from Mogadishu, has become Ethiopia’s trusted man. Sudi is the only faction leader from Mogadishu who has the full backing of the Ethiopians who supply his faction with arms, ammunition and more recently landmines.

In January 01 2001, the government tried and failed to intercept two trucks loaded with various kinds of ammunition including lethal landmines sent by the Ethiopians. Musa does not hide the fact that he is a close ally of the Ethiopians and that he will defend their interests in Somalia. He tells his supporters that without the Ethiopian blessing, he will never reconcile with and participate in the TNG.

Nine humanitarian aid workers, UN and MSF employees, were abducted in Mogadishu on 27 March, 2001 by His militia. The BBC as saying that the hostages had been taken to show the international community that Mogadishu was still not safe has quoted a spokesman of Musa Sudi.

code:

Source: Somaliawatch.com

Haashim   

Horn Afrique Sxb. this is TNG Public Relation, where is the A/qasim and other warlord's attorocities, where are the millions of dollars that A/qasim had got from arab and other friend countries, who controlls from Mogadisho to kismayo?, are not A/qasim millitias who terrorise Merka, Barawa and Kismayo inhabitants, where are the other warlords? we're missing many others unless this report is as i already mentioned TNG public Relation Office statement :rolleyes: , i also saw many exaggerates here, but i don't want to mention as you and others may think that i'm deffending one of the warlords.

Salaam

Horn Afrique,

My brother you got the Abdiqasin syndrome of putting everybody together.

WHAT IS A WARLORD? AND WHO IS A WARLORD ITS LIKE SAYING ALL ARABS ARE TERRORISTS IS THAT TRUE?

Where is SERRAR and BARRE HIRALE, Colonel Bixi AND THE People who always set GEDO A BLAZE of the JUBA ALLAIANCE WHO CONTROL OTHER PEOPLES HOMES IN kismayu?

Where is Colonel Dahir Riyale Kahin King of Somaliland?

Its all good we can writte what we want but we need to be objective.

Gabbal   

Smithnwestern

I did not write that article, and I even put the source of it on the bottom. Regarding that fact I would kindly dismiss your insults on the basis of ignorance.

WHAT IS A WARLORD? AND WHO IS A WARLORD ITS LIKE SAYING ALL ARABS ARE TERRORISTS IS THAT TRUE?

No it's not, and you know, and I know, and Samigyrl knows what it takes to be a warlord. Nobody said ALL Somalis are warlords, so your Arabs and terrorist thing has to be thrown out.

What (I think you ment whom) is a warlord? Barre Hirrale is a warlord, Riyaale Kaahin is a warlord, Cabdulahi Yusuf is a warlord, so are countless others.

BN   

Horn,

You couldn't of picked a more TNG owned website :D I guess they forgot to mention that ina salad boy was interior minister and deputy PM for 17+ under the ruthless dictatorship of Afweyn ;) If you think his hands are clean--think again! Sxb, They are all the same!!!!

zak99   

well! why dont we spicy up the pot and but a price on their heads. hah? let say 50k for anyone

who displays the head of these killers. i cant believe some of us side with these murders just because unfortunately of tribal reasons. remember

if you leave by the sword u do by the sword. and the biggest shame is this. we all claim we r good moslem but if the murder is your keenship, u look

the other way. so we come back to square #1, act like the best moslem in the world but when it comes to our dirty laundary, we all pretend to be

clueless! reality sucks, dont!

Mystery   

Zak99, well said bro,

we all claim we r good moslem but if the murder is your keenship, u look

the other way.

HornAfrique,

Though I agree with you the list of names you identified as war criminals I hope you are not excluding ina Salad Boy, because you support him or worse because he's your kinship.

Gabbal   

Bari, I have been looking at that website since before the Djibouti conference. But to be honest to be in Siad barre's gov did not mean you participated in his activities. I mean of course Siad barre was a dictator, and dictator seeks no approval of anyone, save himself. Now Jamac Arteh Ghalib was the best Somali foreign minister ever, in my opinion, so does that mean because he worked for Siad barre his reputaion should be tainted?

Mystery assumptions lead you astray as you know what they say; the ASS is U not ME for assuming. redface.gif

Mystery   

Horn,

But to be honest to be in Siad barre's gov did not mean you participated in his activities.

How hypocritical as usual, hiding behind Islam like your mentor Salad Boy. Wasn't he the very man who justified the bombing of Hargeisa on CNN. :mad:

Go and morn with him in Xamar, maybe he’ll give you a raise from the $Millions that he stole from the nation. :mad:

BN   

If I am not mistaken there were many NW somalis in Afweyn's dictatorship, like Siilanyo and Riyaale. The heavy weights of the NW today. Their hands aren't clean either...

P.s. As if riyaale is not stealing millions of dollars--LEGALLY!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

qoslaaye   

#1 Warlord and war crime is A/qasim, and every other warlord follows him. Dont worry what tribe the warlord belongs to, they are all the same and should be treated the same. some of the most wanted warlords are

Morgan

Bare Hiiraale

Caydiid

Yalaxow

Caato

Qanyare

Jees

Shaati guduud

Abdulaahi madoobe

Ali mahdi

Abdulaahi yusuf

galaal

abdi warsame ***** (the asshole)

dhaga wayne

Riyaale

cigaal

siilaanyo, iyo intaad adiga taqaanid

iyo dhamaan anyone who was member in the Bare's goverment, this gives some guys double murder trials, such A/qaasim, morgan, hiiraale, and soforth.

Gabbal   

Horn,

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But to be honest to be in Siad barre's gov did not mean you participated in his activities.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How hypocritical as usual, hiding behind Islam like your mentor Salad Boy. Wasn't he the very man who justified the bombing of Hargeisa on CNN.

Go and morn with him in Xamar, maybe he’ll give you a raise from the $Millions that he stole from the nation.

I have never seen Abdiqasim on CNN so I can't comment on that. Abdiqasim is but a man, if he decided to leave the conference than that is his choice. Do I agree with that decision? No, I couldn't disagree with it more.

You said nation! Good you are finally referring to Somalia as a (1) nation. smile.gif That's a start. However you keep speaking of this money, why? I have seen reports in which he was promised millions of dollars by various Arab nations, but I have never seen even one report that said he was given any of that money.

Darling I would love to visit Xamar or it's environs, but I would hardly be welcomed there with open arms, because of a past happenings that I had no control over. Now I am judged with deceased people's guilt, even though I am as guilty as an unborn child.

Qoslaaye to me being a warlord starts out with the number of murders you commited. Now brother, you can not accuse someone of stealing when they have never stolen in their lives, can you? :confused: How can you label Abdiqasim as the number 1 warlord, when he has no dead bodies in his closet?

Our religion calls for witnesses when a serious crime like a murder is commited. Now I assure you that the whole Somali nation is a witness to those who commited atrocities in this infernal civil war we've placed ourselves in, but can you give me but one person who will testify that Abdiqasim commited a single murder?

Grinov   

Hornafrique,

Did you forget about Gani, the hitler of hargeisa?

how about Bare Hiiraale, and Cumar xaaji massale , the traitor who brough the ethiopian army against his own people in Gedo.

[ August 07, 2003, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: Admin ]

Gabbal   

Maslah and Gani have been defunct in recent time, but Hiraale I have named, because he is functioning.

I wonder why you chose those three to throw at me?

Grinov   

since you hail from Gedo region, you excluded your uncles from your list.

Gani should be the first one in your roster.

the reason that there will never be justice in somalia as long as your mentality exists is because no Tribe wants to bring their murderers to justice.

example : the Northern traitors : don't want Siilanyo and their SNM THugs to be brought to justice. the Gedo folks don't want Gani, ina masale biixi and hiiraale .

the puntlanders don't want their ssdf thugs such as cabdullahi traitor yusuf to justice and so forth.

while the ******** don't want Jees to justice.

see where iam going with this

Justice should deal with all tribes.

[ August 10, 2003, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: Libaax-Sankataabte ]