Muhammad

The Crusade: Crescent The Cross

Muhammad   

Salaams

those of you who have access to the History Channel,

they are going to air a new program:

The Crusade: Crescent & The Cross

Muhammad   

Well the first night was about the first crusade, their 3 year journey to the Holy Land and the barbaric killings of women, children, Muslims, Christians and jews alike on their way to capture Jerusalem. At one point cooking the flesh of the Muslims they massacred and eating them.

Tomorrow night will focus on the counter attack of the Muslims and the Jihads to capture back the Holy Land. The unification of the Muslim states under Nurudin, the battle of Hattin and the opening of Jerusalem under the leadership of Salahuddin. Then the start of the Second Crusade and the duel between the king of England Richard I and Saladin.

Haneefah   

I must admit, this isn't an area I'm too familiar with (never found myself too passionate about history redface.gif ), so I could use a copy myself if that isn't too much to ask Muhammad, lol. On a serious note, maybe you could do a quick interesting summary here Insha'Allah for those of us who don't have an access to the channel?

Muhammad   

Tamina and Abraar,

I did record the fisrt part, but I missed last night's show, I was at work. I missed my fav part.

Insha'Allah I'll figure out something, and if you trust me that much you can always pm me your 411s! :D

Muhammad   

WOL

I think it depends on your location.

I believe outside the states, they have different schedules and programs.

as for the part I missed, they'll air an encore on the weekend. if you want I can bootleg u a copy 2 :D

Salaam,

I don’t personally buy Hollywood’s demonising epics and biased history, I rather watch "Futuuxat alislaamiya", you can see the difference by yourself - why the persecuted Muslims (Saxaaba) a the time of the boycott in makkah under punishment, banishment, poverty, and ridicule, in merely less than 20 years later the (Muslims) produced most amazingly democratic and efficient army fighting as a unit, that never seen in history of mankind before, which only based by the spreading the new light of Islam, their knowledge of Qur’aan (word of God), the equality of men, honesty in leadership, and deduction in their work, plus the gift of oratory, the horsemanship and chivalry.

So those who are interested in history of Islam please watch the futxuuat alislamiya, a true stories acting by Egyptian actors(Arabic only) It used to prodcast in Ramadans in Saudi Arabia, you can find it how Islam reached the corners of the world, by sweeping army led by men like Sharaxbiil bin Xasanah, Cuqbat bin Naafic, Abu Musa Alashcari,etc - a men of a great contrast by the jet-setting billionaire amirs of today :D

Muhammad   

Sharmarkee, mahadsanid sxb

can you give any recommendations of programs on the openning of Al-Andalus?

one that is not in animation, a documentry would be better. :D

JZK

Originally posted by Muhammad:

Sharmarkee, mahadsanid sxb

can you give any recommendations of programs on the openning of Al-Andalus?

one that is not in animation, a documentry would be better.
:D

JZK

Salaam,

Muhammed,

Bro,

That was a great historical landmark, MuslimSpain made Spain a centre for learning and knowledge. And started and ignited the western civilization, when it became renowned by its prosperity and quest for knowledge, it was the centre of exellence in teaching and learning, the country that produced many intellectual giants and Pysicians, scientists, judges, and philosophers, men like : Ibn Rushid(Averroes), Ibn Sina(Avicenna), Ibn Zuhr(Avenzoar), Alkwarizmi(without him there wasn’t, Logarithms, logical maths, computer science and algorithms), Ibn Hazm, Alqurdubi.

They were the teachers and mentors to those giants in western world the likes of Martin Luther(founder of protestant church), there wouldn’t be St.Thomas Aquinas, Dante, Sir Issac Newton without the previous Alandalusi Mentors/teachers.

This is interesting topic but I didn’t come across any film/video talking about it yet,but historic books are available every where,there is a new book from Dr.Tarik Alsuwaidan(Kuwait) called Al-Andauls(in Arabic) this is his link: http://www.suwaidan.com/, I think we need to look at this book and see it and review it, and learn from it. the fact that MuslimSpain's historical facts and civilization came to end when internal conflicts and enimity of inbetween the community became rife the downfall started and it bring into it's knees. typical where our Somalia is heading to if Allah didn't shower his mercy on us and show us the right path. if we don’t learn from history surely we never learn nothing at all.

I only access this (SOL) from my work so I let you know if in case I come across anything worth while.

Wa Jazaak Allahu khaira Bro for your interest in islam wal muslimiin.

Fi Amaani Allah

N.O.R.F   

Just last night i was reading a little about the crusades. This programe would have been interesting. I also recently boaught a DVD, KIngdom of Heaven, i tried to play on my machine then came to the realisation that my DVD player is from the wrong region, therefore i waisted my money :mad:

Today i started reading a book called the road to mecca by Mohammed asad (a jewish re-vert), the book's first chapter is an essay on how the west is influenced by the crusades when thinking of Islam. I will post IA

Muhammad   

Sharmarkee,

I have couple of book on Andalusia in english, I also found this;

Muslim Spain (documentary DVD) Zahir Ahmed

worth checking out!

Northerner,

Kingdom of Heaven is more hollywood than history, but for a hollywood movie it is entertaining, it is more balanced than i expected, most of the fanatics in the movie are the crusades, the templers, and the syrian actor who played Saladin was very chivalrous.

Muhammad Asad(ra) was a good scholar, may Allah be pleased with him. I have couple of books and videos of him, I have been hoping to get The message of the Quran(Muhammad Asad's translation and commentary on the Quran).

ps. it is interesting to note, Muhammad Asad's publication was Dar al-Andalus Ltd (Gibraltar).

Haneefah   

Originally posted by Muhammad:

Abraar, after couple of days of searching, this is the best detailed summary i could find, enjoy
:D

Awww, didn't mean to get you to search huuno, but thanks smile.gif

p.s I found Kingdom of Heaven interesting (mind you, that young {new?} actor wasn't that boring to watch redface.gif ) , and the Syrian actor did quite well.