Sign in to follow this  
Bokero

My Somalia....

Bokero   

Hallo bickering lot!!

I am back with new and hopefully productive discussion… some will as usual call it naive,,,

I want to invite all to share the Somalia/Somaliland you want to see in 20 years?

here is mine

On constitution..

My Somalia will be inclusive and open… tolerant of difference, its constitution will protect rights of individuals,,,, Religion will be a private matter and not a function of the state

On Economics

My Somalia will have a market economy…Where the role of the state will be to facilitate the process of unleashing the natural entrepreneurship of the Somali… this mean less taxes on business, investment in education and encouragement of regional trade… The government will also have incentive plan to entice the Diaspora to comeback and lead the country’s economic revival.

My Somalia will try to gradually and purposefully liberate itself from foreign AID and Breton Wood institutions…

On the security service

My Somalia will have a small Army of well-trained 10,000 men/women… an army that understands its role – never involved in politics, stays in the barracks and protects the people from external forces… My Somalia will not go to war with neighbours…My Somalia will have a navy that protects its waters too…

Finally

My Somalia will have institutions that resolves disputes peacefully and fairly ….independent judiciary and police…. That we can all be proud of…

Ok people I will stop here ….. Please share your vision of your Somalia…..

Abtigiis   

overall too general and too vague to make any specific comments. But few points,

Rational fiscal policy would have demanded for strong taxation at least in the initial years to boost govermnet budget and expenditure on capital works. Perhaps, that will have to ease as accpetable level of infrastructure is put back.

There will be no need for any packages of selecive incentives for dispora. Peace will bring the most back.

Religion should be a private matter ma fahmin. Of course, it will and should be more than a private matter in Somalia. It should guide our nations soul, identity and moral foundations.

Army? totally got it wrong. The threats and the culture of war we just emerged would mean we will still need a minimum 50,000 by 2028.

Ngonge hadaad ka badbaadid with this raw pieces waa Alxmadu lilaah. The man has a penchant inuu eryadoo wuxuu haad ka heelo!

Abtigiis   

Adam Smith's classical economics has evolved in all shapes and has many irrelevant aspects. The notion of 'invincible hand' is perhaps the lasting legacy of the great economist. I surely see John Mynard keynes's "Keneysian Economics" as more contemporary. Anyway, I am a fan of welfare economics, not mindless free market. Although, the two are not mutually exclusive.

Bokero   

It has to be general, it’s meant to codify general guiding principles…

On the tax, believer by taxing less, governments actually gets more revenues… low taxes creates the necessary incentive to for people to enter into business… High taxes in Africa have only seen the growth of the informal sector at the detriment of the government…

On the army small army doesn’t mean a weak army. The smaller the army the more money available in training them and equipping them with the best money can buy…

On religion I am for separation of religion from state affairs… but your right in saying we can be inspired by it…

NGONGE   

My Somalia

My Somalia will have 100% literacy.

The people will all get back in touch with their geeljire heritage and will be required to tend camels at least twice a week.

Everyone will be chauffer driven to work

The girls will be pretty and the boys handsome

There will be rain everyday and sunshine all year round

Children will start reciting poetry at the age of one and three quarters (late developers will receive governmental assistance).

The ruling party will have to govern for periods lasting no more than one week and then they'll need to relinquish power to the opposition parties.

The president will be chosen daily on a first-come-first-served basis (and all candidates must line up outside the presidential mansion by 6.30 in the morning at the latest).

The country will be self-sufficient and will export any surplus to the starving people of Outer Magnolia.

The clan system will be banned and replaced by one that traces an individual's genealogy up to and including the tenth grandfather.

Guns will be banned and the police service will only be supplied with feather dusters.

Abtigiis   

Bokero yaad ku xumaynaysaa soo ma'aha oday? :D Alla ninyahoow dhib badnidaa!!

That Somalia will arrest all Ngonges and no one will allow to tease or belittle the other's opinion!

Bokero   

My economic principle is "what works"...what creates wealth...and in this sense, i hesitant in adopting ideological stance at the expense of context... Economics cannot be separated from behaviour, in other words you have to see what you have (people) and deduce how you can maximise their industry... in Somalia we have people we just have to help them maximise their God given talents... This doesn’t mean i don’t borrow from theorists, i do, there are surely important,,, but my general guiding principle is CONTEXT,CONTEXT AND CONTEXT...

Bokero   

Abti

NgoNGE is only belittling himself...he has shown on my occasions his ensuing bankruptcy of thought! He is MR CANT

NGONGE   

Didn't you like my vision of Somalia, Bokero? It must have been the feather dusters, right? Hmmm... I agree, too aggressive.

Bokero   

Ngonge...what u want your people...no more posturing... tell us what positive future do u envision for your people? or do u condemn them to short and brutish life

Chimera   

My Somalia will be a society based on meritocracy

My Somalia will have it's major cities - through a well thought out process - turned into multi-clan cities(kinda like what's happening today but on a galactic scale)

My Somalia will see all clan elders banished to the Bajuni Islands

My Somalia will have all living war criminals locked up in a Somali version of Alcatraz and the death ones turned into wax dolls for the Somali museum of 'traitors' that will be visited by Somali kids during school trips

My Somalia will adopt the right policies that will compliment the progress made in Anarchy and develop the Somali Economy into an African Japan

My Somalia will through it's brilliant meritocratic system see many Female Presidents taking the top seat

My Somalia will develop it's own arms factories, in case we are forced to enter a war (and to prevent a dependency on our shady allies)

My Somalia will continue pursuing the self determination of it's brothers and sisters across the Horn

My Somalia will have a literacy rate similar to the 70s that will eventually reach 100%

My Somalia.....

I'm gonna stop....this type of talk puts me in a disturbing state of delusional grandeur which is so addictive....but even with all this despair going on today i see a great future for Somalia, we have nothing to lose, everything to gain, which i can't say for our neighbours

Insha-allah