Sign in to follow this  
LuCkY

GirL or Boy?Now U Can Choose...BUT ShouLd You?

LuCkY   

Brave New Babies

Parents now have the power to choose the sex of their children. But as technology answers prayers, it also raises some troubling questions

GirL or Boy?

I wanna know what does IsLam say about this issue?Choosing the sex of a chiLd.WouLdnt that be Like aLtering naturaL reproduction or something?

Someone shed some Light on this issue...Thnx.

yeah this is really cool...

i wouldn't do it... better to just let nature take it's course i think.

it can raise some interesting question if people start doing it. isn't it interesting how naturally the number of females and males is kind of balanced naturally.

LuCkY   

Oh Yeah,baLanced-not equaL-got it.

Thats true...some wouLd favor one over the other and it wouLd be a probLem.

Like CHina.

But is it right?Is what i wanna know.

obviously the initial response would be no. but say u had a baby and had a genetic defect of some sort that effected the immune system or anythang that requires the transplantation of pluripotent cells from the bone marrow. anybody in the medical field will tell the odds of ur child finding a match are extremely small and if this match was found the chanced of graft rejection would be 50% more likey if he was not related due to genetic differences.

but say u could screen out a bunch of zygotes and select a perfect match which also shares the same pool of alleles more likely. of course you wouldnt be selecting the sex, neverthkless its selection. The life of the sick kid could basically be saved with this technique. but is it right to bring a life to cure an existing life.

i dont know what the Ulama say about this topic.

Abdinuur   

Yes! to an extent. Like think_tank pointed out, I would consider it if it involves in some sort of genetic defect. Using some amniocentesis techniques, they're now able to withdraw fluid that accumulates within the sac that surrounds the embryo for analysis during the 12th to 18th week of pregancy. A karyotype is made to analyze chromosomes and the fluid can be examined for high levels of chemicals that indicate defects in the developing spinal cord and spinal column of the fetus.

But other than that, I wouldnt mess around with nature!