Sign in to follow this  
Nationalist

Sattelite images of Mogadishu

Buoyed by the cheap lines of "Ina Yey will die if he sets a foot in Hamar" and anything else in the same direction, I came across these magnificent sattelite pictures while searching some info about my beloved Hamar Adey. Though Mogadishu is even more devastated by the USC than Kabul was, the city is fundamentally still the same nonetheless. So far the source global security has not disappointed me even once.

ik_mog_overview.jpg

Overview of Mogadishu. Districts of Medina, Hodan, Wardhigley, Hawl Wadag, Bondhere, Waberi and Hamar Weyne/Hamar Jajab are clearly visible. If you take good look, you'll see the port of the city, wich is closed also. If you even take a closer look more up north, you'll see the Olympic stadium.

ik_mog_airport.jpg

Mogadishu International Airport is closed since 1996. Controlled by warlord Muhammad Jama Furuh from southern Mudugh region. The airport is allready offered unconditionally by Furuh to the new Somali government. International peacekeeping troops of the AU will be stationed here primarily like the US forces in 1994.

ik_mog_convoy.jpg

A neighbourhood near the Bakara market, East Africa's largest market.

ik_mog_durant.jpg

If my eyes are not deceiving me, African Village is on the picture.

nuune   

sawiradan waxayba ahaayeen xilligii ay ciidamada mareekanka joogeen muqdisho oo dagaalku socdey.

muqdisho aad bey u qurux badantahay wallee, qaabka ay u dhisantahay ayaaba cajjiib ah.

ik_mog_overview1.jpg

Nuune, true. Mogadishu as well as Kismayu are in essence the most beautiful cities in Somalia. Because of their devastation, Hargeisa and Bosaso took over. Hopefully these cities and more will be rebuild as quickly as possible.

Where can I register at the website where you can upload image files and edit them, by the way? Is it imageshack, if I'm correct?

nuune   

you are correct sxb, or www.exs.cx whichever, they will give u many links, choose the correct one for using message boards.

okey sxb , lets edit the pictures together and list or point out the important places in xamar such as isgooyska hoteel curuba, tiyaatarka, bakaaraha iyo meelaha kale ee muhiimka ah.

BN   
Perhaps you could outline the different districts as well. For those not from the big city... :D

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Nationalist:

Mogadishu as well as Kismayu are in essence the most beautiful cities in Somalia. Because of their devastation, Hargeisa and Bosaso took over. Hopefully these cities and more will be rebuild as quickly as possible.

Bisinka iyo Tabarak war waa bil soon miyadan Illah ka cabsaneyniin, How in the name of Heaven do you compare Mogadishu with Hargeisa and Bosaso. You must be joking right..!

Bisinka iyo yasiinka iyo aayadaha qur'aanka! How can you compare destroyed, bewildered Mogadishu with Hargeisa on the hills and Bosaso on a green-lightblue coast with a panoramic view of the 'Al Miskat mountains? :D

Nuune, sure we'll edit those images together and discuss things further. Just give me some time, I just signed up at imageshack.

Bari Nomad, sure can do mate! We'll hold the non-Xamari in account. :D

Jumatatu   

Nationalist it is obvious you nothing of Mogadishu and closest you got to it ever is as far as Burtinle. So someone like you it is difficult to explain to. And sxb even in its ruins Xamar rulez in many aspect, so even the 'jingadaha' you build in your new found homelland will take as little as light years to catch up with Banadir.

Sure there are no paved streets, trottoirs, monuments, tall buildings and the rest of a modern city outside of Mogadishu. But that doesn't mean all other cities in Somalia should be brushed aside as inexistant or at least as ugly. I commend the reversed urbanization in Somalia, wich enables to have other Somali cities a chance to develop. And so they did.

Why are you uttering the words of vicious assumptions that I'm clueless when it comes to my capital city. Mogadishu is my place of birth and even though I'm to young to remember much of the city, I know more about the city than my tribal homeland. Needless to say I'm more attracted to Puntland and Kismayu than Mogadishu now and ever. My father's brother is planning to go back to Kismayu as soon as possible to build a house on his 80 by 80 landstroke and another uncle seeks to retain his luxurious Tawakal hotel in Kismayu.

Juma don't worry though, Mog is all yours. Tell your tribe not to worry for us coming back. I can sense your stress on this matter.

Bey mate!

BN   

Originally posted by Nationalist:

Bari Nomad, sure can do mate! We'll hold the non-Xamari in account.
:D

Thanks mate. I'm in your debt. :D