Sign in to follow this  
Captain Warya

Breaking News: Shiikh Xasan Daahir Aweys oo Muqdisho soo gaaray

Originally posted by Kashafa:

quote: His tentacles stretch as far as Puntland and even further into Somaliland. While he doesn't have the ability to overthrow the governing entities up North, he does have significant capacity to destabilize them.

Thank you for stating the obvious. Typified in the response of the poster below you, you'll see that many folks are in acute denial of the reality on the ground. It strikes fear in their hearts that Al-Turki, Al-Aweys, and Al-Godane wield immense influence and power all across the Horn of Africa. Well, to them I say, ciil iyo caro la dhimo.

But you're mistaken on one regard: The only thing preventing the Islamists from dismantling the Ethiopian protectorates of Pissland and Smelly.land is the turbelent situation down Souf.

As soon aa Koonfurta lagu kala baxo, and a centralised Islamic admin is set-up from Moga-Dish to Kismaayo, I think we both know it's only a matter of a sustained campaign before the SL/PL militia are sent packing into Ethiopia.(where they will be re-armed and re-trained and re-christened as the New SNM and the New SSDF).

Good thing for the Islamists, SL/PL hate each other guts so bad that a temporary alliance of convenience is out of question.
You have really hit the nail right on the head on this post.

The ideologies of Sh Dahir Aweys and the other crooked characters in his movement goes beyond correcting the situation of Somalia and murks into a some perverted notion of bringing the entire world under the swords of Islam.

He has flatly refused to even entertain the idea of meeting his own clan elders few days ago in Sudan. One would be foolish to expect him to have had a sudden change of heart during his plane ride to Somalia.

The Sharif government has failed miserably failed to seize the initiative from the very onset when the entire population of Mogadishu was firmly behind his government and at a time when the terror groups operating in Mogadishu and throughout the South were very weak and disorganized. They have now bought time, organized themselves and are going for the home-run.

All because of Sh Sharif's utter incompetence and senseless thinking that he could some-how reason with these heaven-bound gangs.

Lord have mercy.

Regards,

Twisted_Logic

Kashafa   

:D:D @ the hubris of Xiin. Otay, Xiin. Let's do a quick situation analysis, shall we ?

As of April 23, 2009, the confederation of Islamists(as they are not yet centralised) directly control and govern: Gedo, Jubada Hoose, Jubaada Dexe, Shabeelada Hoose, Shabeelada Dhexe, Bay, Bakool, Afgooye, and some other gobols a novice like myself wouldn't know. They control the strategic seaports of Kismaayo and Merka. They control the seat of TFG where the Ethiopian invasion and occupation was directed from, Baido. They control a little bit over 50% of Mogadisho. More importantly and speaking in purely strategic and military terms, they control the critical breadbaskets of Jubba and Shabbele. History has shown any army that controls the food supplies/resources always wins.

In short, they control over 300,000 square kilometers of the most strategic terroritry in the South Somalia.

As of April 23, 2009: Sharif Ahmed's militia rabble control the other 50% of Mogadisho, aided and abbeted by their African Union guests and brothers. They control parts of Hiiraan, including cities like Jowhar and Beled-weyne. That's about it. If you think there's more, please enlighten me.

Now, abti, faced with the data above, you can do one of two things: Resort to hubris, is-yeel-yeel, Is-Qancis as a coping mechanism to mask your desperate situation......or accept the reality on the ground and deal with it as such. Every credible analyst has conceded that Political Islam, represented on the ground by men like Al-Aweys, Al-Turki, Al-Mansoor, is the victor in Somalia, and that it's only a matter of weeks/months before it sweeps all the other competing entities(SL, PL, Islaax/Ikhwaan, Suufi, etc)

Uptil now you've chosen the former. No problem. Coping mechanism mar mar waa loo baahanyahay. But don't make the mistake of confusing your wishes with the facts. I know you dearly wish to see a Somali government, even if it surpasses the despotic regime you grew up under in sheer dhulinimo. Dagahaaga waxaa ka yeeraayo the Somali anthem that used to be sung every morning in Jamaal Cabdi-Nasser High School. And you are willing to do anything, including sacrificing morals, deen, and dhaqan, in order to get that semblance of peace and stability back.

And so, just like an junkie compelled to get his fix for the day, you jump in bed with Ethiopia. And Cabdi-Qaybdiid. And Cumar Xaashi. And Ban Kii Moon. And Jendaayi Frazer. And Seyoumo Mesfin. And so, you turn your guns, your hatred, your enmity against the very same men and women who shed their blood in the battles of Araare, Luuq, Istaadiyum Muqdisho, and Idaale so that you could live in honour, in peace, as Somali-Muslim of the Horn of Africa.

No problem, abti. This your life, you choose how to live it. Laakin hal mid ogow: When you make your bed, you best sleep in it. Hadootee waxba ma tarayso: "Alaaaayaaay waanala xasooqay, naga soo gaaraaa. This is BARBARIC. THIS IS EVIL. THIS SAVAGERY. AGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH H" I heard that wailing from your boy Jimcaale and I sincerly hope you don't have to utter those wails of lamentation and despair yourself. Your boy Jimcaale said Ethiopia was a better choice, I hope you I don't hear you say Secularism is a better choice(rationalising that u'll get that military aid from your foriegn sponsors.)

But it's a choice you're going to have to make. Choose well. Sleep well. No hard feelings.

^^^^Kashafa stop sniffing the glue lad.

Southern Somalia as a whole is not 300,000 km2 let alone these groups you claim control it.

They have no say in the Northern regions, South Mudug, Galgaduud defeated and left with [Ceel Buur] and Middle Shabbele is TFG under Sharif's group.

The southern areas are all over the place and they are uncordinated, and thus while Baidoa is under one group Kismayu is under another.

Come again and change the figures the exageration is of Tupac proportions.

Kashafa   

^^ Area of Somalia as a whole: 637, 657 sq km

South somalia represents roughly 60%(conservative estimate) of the Somali land mass.

.60 * 637,657 squarre kilometers = 382,594.2 square kilometers.

You got different math ?

Kashafa   

Goodir,

Do you have any numbers or analysis to share ? Mine is up there for critique & commentary.

Try putting together a paragraph of coherent thought instead of relying on stale sarcasm to get ur point across. This isn't amateur night at the comedy club for you to rely on one-liners.

Xiin,

I take that as compliment. Shukran. And ameen to ur duca.

^^Except I am agreeing with Sh. Cumar Faruq's judgement, namely that those whose siblings are still breastfeeding are not in a position to pass judgement on nation's affairs. They are not to be consulted, only to be guided.

Kashafa   

^^ :D:D , looooooooooooool, good one, good one, best laugh i had all week.

But your point is moot. I'm 25 years old. Alexander the Great was my age when he conquered 90% of the known world.

Hana yareesanin, abti :D

Goodir   

^He gave you a good advice. But the best advice you need right now is stay off from the belt. At the end of the day, neither Aweys nor Indhacade would be present to help you face the interviewers at six feet under ground.

:D:D @Kashafa

Laakini if 25 were a decisive age, Muhammad (scw) would not have to wait 40 :D . Also Alexdar The Great inherited a great and powerful nation! His youthful exuberance helped it decline, and gradually destroy it.

Area of Somalia as a whole:
637, 657 sq km

South somalia represents roughly 60%(conservative estimate) of the Somali land mass.

.60 * 637,657 squarre kilometers = 382,594.2 square kilometers.

You got different math ?

Kashafa adeer we only agree on the Somali Republics land mass. How did you come up with your 60%?

Now how much of that is made up of the Northern regions?

Awdal, WaqoyeeGalbeed, Toghdeer, SOOL, Sanaag, Bari, Nugaal, Mudug as a whole, how much does that add up to.

Add then Galgaduud, Middle Shabeele and what is left ?

Originally posted by Kashafa:

:D:D
@ the hubris of Xiin. Otay, Xiin. Let's do a quick situation analysis, shall we ?

As of April 23, 2009, the confederation of Islamists(as they are not yet centralised) directly control and govern: Gedo, Jubada Hoose, Jubaada Dexe, Shabeelada Hoose, Shabeelada Dhexe, Bay, Bakool, Afgooye, and some other gobols a novice like myself wouldn't know. They control the strategic seaports of Kismaayo and Merka. They control the seat of TFG where the Ethiopian invasion and occupation was directed from, Baido. They control a little bit over 50% of Mogadisho. More importantly and speaking in purely strategic and military terms, they control the critical breadbaskets of Jubba and Shabbele. History has shown any army that controls the food supplies/resources always wins.

In short, they control over 300,000 square kilometers of the most strategic terroritry in the South Somalia.

As of April 23, 2009: Sharif Ahmed's militia rabble control the other 50% of Mogadisho, aided and abbeted by their African Union guests and brothers. They control parts of Hiiraan, including cities like Jowhar and Beled-weyne. That's about it. If you think there's more, please enlighten me.

Now, abti, faced with the data above, you can do one of two things: Resort to hubris, is-yeel-yeel, Is-Qancis as a coping mechanism to mask your desperate situation......or accept the reality on the ground and deal with it as such. Every credible analyst has conceded that Political Islam, represented on the ground by men like Al-Aweys, Al-Turki, Al-Mansoor, is the victor in Somalia, and that it's only a matter of weeks/months before it sweeps all the other competing entities(SL, PL, Islaax/Ikhwaan, Suufi, etc)

Uptil now you've chosen the former. No problem. Coping mechanism mar mar waa loo baahanyahay. But don't make the mistake of confusing your
wishes
with the facts. I know you dearly wish to see a Somali government, even if it surpasses the despotic regime you grew up under in sheer dhulinimo. Dagahaaga waxaa ka yeeraayo the Somali anthem that used to be sung every morning in Jamaal Cabdi-Nasser High School. And you are willing to do anything, including sacrificing morals, deen, and dhaqan, in order to get that semblance of peace and stability back.

And so, just like an junkie compelled to get his fix for the day, you jump in bed with Ethiopia. And Cabdi-Qaybdiid. And Cumar Xaashi. And Ban Kii Moon. And Jendaayi Frazer. And Seyoumo Mesfin. And so, you turn your guns, your hatred, your enmity against the very same men and women who shed their blood in the battles of Araare, Luuq, Istaadiyum Muqdisho, and Idaale so that you could live in honour, in peace, as Somali-Muslim of the Horn of Africa.

No problem, abti. This your life, you choose how to live it. Laakin hal mid ogow: When you make your bed, you best sleep in it. Hadootee waxba ma tarayso: "Alaaaayaaay waanala xasooqay, naga soo gaaraaa. This is BARBARIC. THIS IS EVIL. THIS SAVAGERY. AGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH H" I heard
and I sincerly hope you don't have to utter those wails of lamentation and despair yourself. Your boy Jimcaale said Ethiopia was a better choice, I hope you I don't hear you say Secularism is a better choice(rationalising that u'll get that military aid from your foriegn sponsors.)

But it's a choice you're going to have to make. Choose well. Sleep well. No hard feelings.

What is even more sadder than the fairy-tales you want us to belief is the fact that you are willing to take criminal gangs such as Al Shabab as your guides to a better future.

Xiinow gabanka qab iyo xiniiyo weyna horta, tolow waa qoloma? Koleyba reeraheenuu uekyahayee, hadeenba ugu yaraan wax ugalinee, yaa. :D

Jokes aside, as strong as Kashafas 'white as white' proclamations are, the kids way of formulating his opinions are indeed coming through to us as somewhat juvenile and childish.

There is nothing wrong, with having one's own view and perception of events and thus formulating ones support for groups one beliefs have the solutions for the problem at hand.

However it is like him, having found, the 'in flexible salvation to the problem', that he least needs to do is run with that 'truth of salvation' in front of peoples faces in order to mock them, that they indeed can not comprehend what he has and thus, he must be somewhat more 'special' or 'intelligent' than the rest of the simpletons, because they couldn't decipher, the 'sole route the salvation' even though it was that simple.

Humidity is indeed great and for one, if he truly seeks, what he advocates for i.e. islamic ruling and law, he needs to adhere its etiquettes too.

These are complicated issues and the uluma are in dispute of themselves, what we don't need is youngsters rediculing and walking arrongantly around like, they were the 'chosen ones' at all.

Nothing is black and white in this universe, there are some grey areas and one sometimes also needs to consider the greater good, as sometimes doing good, can lead to a greater harm thus we need some 'common-sense'.

It is like one being in a different than usual situation an extra-ordinary one at hand. So what do you do, clinge to the 'truth' even though it leads to 'no-where' as things are not in the norm.

Every rule has got extra-ordinary circumstace whereby it can not be followed. Amr bin Aas was one in need of Ghusl, as he took his wife, to the battle of Tabuuk, where the winds blow fast and the cold gets chillingly as it probably can.

At Fajr time he wanted to lead the prayers but some sahaba declined, due to him not being in a 'pure' state, but, however some followed him, lead the prayers, as he was the Amir, when they come back, the prophet peace be upon him ruled on the parties in dispute and decided that Amr was right.

So what is needed is patiece, xikmah and some common-sense and not, we will hit our head through the brick wall, no matter how many times, we fail, to actually brake off that brick wall one day, the irony is that it cannot be achieved.

What you need is as-siyaasah and not only brute force and our Prophet peace be upon him was the best Siyaasi and in that tradition, we should follow suit.