Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

ONLF Says Ethiopian Genocide Left more than 50 Dead

Abtigiis   

Eritrea's agenda is clear to everbody. It is to get at Ethiopia. But that doesn't shadow the general good-will and love Eritreans have towards the Somali's. I think that too needs to be understood. This is in contrast to the hatred and disgust many 'main-stream' Ethiopians (amhara, Tigres, Gurage etc) have for Somali's.

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

Eritrea's agenda is clear to everbody. It is to get at Ethiopia. But that doesn't shadow the general good-will and love Eritreans have towards the Somali's. I think that too needs to be understood. This is in contrast to the hatred and disgust many 'main-stream' Ethiopians (amhara, Tigres, Gurage etc) have for Somali's.

You have agreed with my first point that Eritrea wants to "get back at Ethiopia," and use Somalia as a proxy ground.

BUT,

BOTH Eritrea and Ethiopia have hegemonic intentions in the Horn of Africa Region, and it reeks of innocence and naivete if you think that your perceived notions of a "hospitable and good-intentioned" Eritreans extends to the political front.

Somalis are dying as a result of Eritrea's selfish agenda of using Somalis to die for her interests while she does everything to dismember and cripple our efforts to recover from a very long civil war.

Eritrea and Ethiopia are one and the same. The President of Eritrea and the Prime Minister of Ethiopia belong to the same ethnic group.

It is sad that you ask us to choose between two cousins.

Madaxweyne Shiikh Shariif oo kashifay sababta ay Eritrea ugu lug leedahay Soomaaliya

Talaado, May 26, 2009(HOL): Madaxweynaha Dowladda Midnimada Qaran ee Soomaaliya Shiikh Shariif Shiikh Axmed oo u warramayay Laanta Afka Soomaaliga ee VOA-d ayaa shaaca ka qaaday asbaabaha ay Dowladda Eritrea ugu lug leedahay Arrimaha Soomaaliya.

Waxaa uu sheegay Madaxweynaha in Dowladda Eritrea ay faragelinta Soomaaliya isaga mashquulineyso Dowladda Ethiopia oo colaad kala dhaxeyso, wuxuuna sheegay in aaney dan ugu jirin Soomaaliya oo degta, “haddii Soomaaliya xasilooni ka dhalato waxay ogtahay Dowladda Eritrea in aysan kala badbaadeynin iyada iyo Ethiopia”ayuu yiri Madaxweynaha Soomaaliya.

Waxaa uu sheegay madaxweyne Shiikh Shariif in Dowladda Eritrea ay muddo dheer Soomaaliya hub iyo dagaalyahnno shisheeye soo gelineysay, “Sanadkii 1998-kii ilaa hadda waxay Dowladda Eritrea hub soo gelineysay Soomaaliya, waxaana jirtay in ay mar dagaalyahanno keentay Soomaaliya kaddibna ay dhinaca Soomaaliya ka gelisay Ethiopia, sidaasna ay Ciidamada Ethiopia ku qabsadeen dhul Soomaaliyeed”ayuu mar kale yiri Shiikh Shariif Shiikh Axmed.

Waxaa uu intaas ku daray Madaxweyne Shariif in Eritrea ay mar kale xiligii maxkamadaha Islaamka (2006) ay soo faragelisay Soomaaliya, iyadoo Dowladda Ethiopia wada hadallo u socdaanna ay dagaal ku furtay, sidaasna ay isugu dhaceen Xoogaggii Maxkamadaha Islaamka iyo Ciidamada Ethiopia.

Hadalka uu sii daayay madaxweynaha Soomaaliya ayaa wuxuu ku soo beegmayaa iyadoo Ururrada IGAD iyo Midowga Afrika ay dhawaan go’aamiyeen in cunaqabateyn lagu soo rogo Dowladda Eritrea oo ay sheegeen in ay hubeyso kooxaha ka soo horjeeda Dowladda Soomaaliya.

Salaad Iidow (Xiis), Hiiraan Online

sxiis@hiiraan.com

Muqdisho, Soomaaliya

http://hiiraan.com/n ews/2009/May/wararka _maanta26-6578.htm

Abtigiis   

RR

What issues do you have as a somali with Eritrea that will cause problems for you if Eritrea goes for a search for a hegemony?? Do you share border?

In fact, what you said is what those who wanted to justify ethiopia's aggression used to utter. I have agreed that Eritrea is getting at Ethiopia (specifically at Meles's regime), but I also happen to know beyong that, they have no issues with Somalia. Can you prove they have one? Or can you say Ethiopia's issue with us is temporary? Focus on the big picture.

Speaking of ethinc relations, sheikh sharif is the cousin of Hassen D. Aweys. It is naive to bring that into the discussion.

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

RR

What issues do you have as a somali with Eritrea that will cause problems for you if Eritrea goes for a search for a hegemony?? Do you share border?

In fact, what you said is what those who wanted to justify ethiopia's aggression used to utter. I have agreed that Eritrea is getting at Ethiopia (specifically at Meles's regime), but I also happen to know beyong that, they have no issues with Somalia. Can you prove they have one? Or can you say Ethiopia's issue with us is temporary? Focus on the big picture.

Speaking of ethinc relations, sheikh sharif is the cousin of Hassen D. Aweys. It is naive to bring that into the discussion.

Bro, I am surprised by your political innocence.

Eritrea wants to become an East African "mini-superpower" at the cost of the Somali people, using our people to do its bidding. Have we sunk to this low that we reduce ourselves as prostitutes to Eritrea and Ethiopia's power-plays?

Eritrea HAS issues with the Somali people. It aggressive posture towards the people of Djibouti last year is a case-in-point. It continues to arm and finance the conflict in Somalia and is in essence investing in Somalia's anarchy to accomplish her goals of regional dominance.

The Same is true for Ethiopia.

You need to look deeper and beyond the usual emotional interpretations of the regional foreign policy and analyze it more analytical.

ps,

Sh Shaerif and Sh Hassan Dahir Aweys are "cousins," but they are not leaders of sovereign states with divergent political agenda.

me   

RR,

I think that I can safely assume that you don’t like Eritrea’s role in the Somali conflict.

Lets see what would happen if Eritrea stopped helping the Somali people.

Imagine if there was no more help from Eritrea who would benefit?

Do you think that Ethiopia may benefit? Do you think that just because Eritrea stopped helping the Somali people that Ethiopia will stop meddling in Somali affairs?

Originally posted by me:

RR,

I think that I can safely assume that you don’t like Eritrea’s role in the Somali conflict.

Lets see what would happen if Eritrea stopped helping the Somali people.

Imagine if there was no more help from Eritrea who would benefit?

Do you think that Ethiopia may benefit? Do you think that just because Eritrea stopped helping the Somali that Ethiopia will stop meddling in Somali affairs?

Who do you think liberated Somali from the Ethiopian occupation? And how did they achieve that? By throwing sticks and stones maybe?

The wise decision would be to disconnect ourselves from BOTH Ethiopia and Eritrea. Eritrea "helping" the Somali movement against the Ethiopian occupation has nothing to do with Eritrea's supposed love for the Somali people, which she continues to bully by the way in Djibouti, but BASED on her own strategic interests. If Ethiopia supports NY Yankees, Eritrea would support the Boston Red Sox, simply to irritate Ethiopia and vice versa. It says nothing of Eritrea's love affair with the Somali people.

Somalia was liberated as a result of the blood of the Somali people and the sacrifices made by our people. Sure Eritrea hosted some members of the ARS, but it did so based on her own interests.

Talk to any commander of the ICU or member of the ARS and they would tell you how many times Eritrea turned down Somali request for weapons and money, why? because it wanted to prolong Ethiopia's involvement in Somalia. Now once Ethiopia leaves, it starts to increase its support to Somali extremist groups 10 fold.

One would hope that you know why.

me   

I asked you a direct question do not run around the mill, get to the point.

Who will benefit?

Originally posted by me:

Who will benefit?

Bro, no-one is "running around," I am simply surprised by your ignorance; hence, my long reply to you.

The short answer to your problem would be Eritrea. When it is all said and done, Somalia won't come out alive.

me   

Originally posted by Recovering-Romantics :

quote:Originally posted by me:

Who will benefit?

Bro, no-one is "running around," I am simply surprised by your ignorance; hence, my long reply to you.

The short answer to your problem would be Eritrea. When it is all said and done, Somalia won't come out alive.
+

Still you’re running around the mill and trying to dodge the question.

Again I ask you this question:

Who will benefit in the Somali conflict if Eritrea stops its involvement?

me,

Bro, you are approaching the problem from a very laughable angle.

If Eritrea stops its involvement in Somalia today, the anarchists and extremists groups in Somalia will be defeated and we would recover from almost 20 years of war and anarchy.

But, you see it different, since Sharif is a "kafir," and his government is "rida," right?

me   

Originally posted by Recovering-Romantics :

me,

If Eritrea stops its involvement in Somalia today, the anarchists and extremists groups in Somalia will be defeated and we would recover from almost 20 years of war and anarchy.

But, you see it different, since Sharif is a "kafir," and his government is "rida," right?

I asked you a direct question and you seem not capable of answering it. So I will give you a graphic example, maybe this will help you.

Let’s simplify the situation.

Imagine Somalia is a weighing scale and that we have differing measures on this scale.

Let’s say on the right side of the scale there is 2 kilo’s and on the left scale there is 2 kilo, imagine that we take out 1 kilo out the left scale, what will happen?

Yes, the right side will go down, while the left side is in the air. We will get an imbalance.

This means that if your wish of no Eritrean help for Somalia comes true that Ethiopia will benefit. Since Ethiopia will have its way.

Do you support Ethiopia RR? Is Ethiopia your ally?

Originally posted by me:

quote:Originally posted by Recovering-Romantics :

me,

I asked you a direct question and you seem not capable of answering it. So I will give you a graphic example, maybe this will help you.

Let’s simplify the situation.

Imagine Somalia is a weighing scale and that we have differing measures on this scale.

Let’s say on the right side of the scale there is 2 kilo’s and on the left scale there is 2 kilo, imagine that we take out 1 kilo out the left scale, what will happen?

Yes, the right side will go down, while the left side is in the air. We will get an imbalance.

This means that if your wish of no Eritrean help for Somalia comes true that Ethiopia will benefit. Since Ethiopia will have its way.

Do you support Ethiopia RR? Is Ethiopia your ally?
hahaha

Your weighing-scale analogy is as laughable as your theory that Eritrea is Somalia's Best Friend For Life. Everyone knows Eritrea has its own interest.

If you haven't heard this before, let me tell it to you: THERE ARE NO ETHIOPIANS FIGHTING IN SOMALIA.

Al Shabab and Hizb-ul-Islam's wars are not Somali-based war. They want to emulate the Afghani Taliban and impose their draconian laws upon on our people. You know no soccer, no stores open during salat times, pants worn at the right length, Burqas, Akhii Akhii talk. The Somali flag will be burned and replaced with a black one. You mayor will be Abu Abbas bin Afghani.

If Sharif loses ths war, it won't just be another Somali government dethroned. It will have a destabilizing effect throughout the region, and if you seriously think that the World would just sit back and watch Somalia turned into an anarchic playground for International Jihadists with visions to bring the "light of Islam" to Alaska and Japan, then you are in a worse shape then I thought.

me   

Your weighing-scale analogy is as laughable as your theory that Eritrea is Somalia's Best Friend For Life. Everyone knows Eritrea has its own interest.

If you haven't heard this before, let me tell it to you: THERE ARE NO ETHIOPIANS FIGHTING IN SOMALIA.

The weighing scale analogy is very fitting in this situation. I think that I have highlighted that you are a supporter of Ethiopia, for whatever reason. So I will not continue this discussion. Discussing with you will not benefit me since I will not learn anything from you.

However I will expand on my weighing scale analogy for the other participants of this thread.

Eritrea vs. Ethiopia

Ethiopia and Eritrea are fighting a proxy war in Somalia, this is the sad truth.

Their involvement in our affairs is undesirable for us; however it is a fact we have to deal with. We can not wish away this reality.

We need to get Ethiopia and Eritrea out of Somali affairs; the question is how do we do that?

The situation as it is now is that these two countries are balancing each other out.

If one makes a move, the other makes a counter move and the balance is maintained. This balance should only be disrupted if the outcome will lead to a Somalia without involvement from Ethiopia and Eritrea. We do not want Ethiopia to get its hands free in the Somali affairs. That is recipe for disaster, an Ethiopia that can do as it likes in Somalia without any consequences.

Ethiopia or Eritrea who is the bigger threat?

My answer is simple on this one; Ethiopia is the real threat to the Somali Republic.

1. Eritrea does not share a border with Somalia, where Ethiopia does.

2. Eritrea does not have a large Somali population that it oppresses, where Ethiopia does.

3. Eritrea did not invade Somalia, whereas Ethiopia did.

4. Eritrea has not fought a war with the Somali Republic whereas Ethiopia fought 3 wars against Somalia in the past 50 years.

From this we can conclude that Ethiopia is the real threat whereas Eritrea is a minor threat compared with Ethiopia. Eritrea works through proxies, whereas Ethiopia works directly by invading Somali territories, at this moment Ethiopia has troops inside Somalia (Kalabayrka) Eritrea does not.

Eritrean actions can be minimized by dealing directly with their proxy, whereas with Ethiopia you have to confront them directly.

So in situations like this which problem do you address first?

What will happen if we take Eritrea out of this equation and Ethiopia gets a carte blanche in Somalia?

Well you do not have to be a genius to figure out that Ethiopia will get its way in Somalia. The question is, is this good for Somalia if Ethiopia gets its way?

For those who think that Somalia without Eritrean involvement would be better, do you think that Ethiopia would like to see a functioning TFG, even if that’s possible?

My answer is no, Ethiopia sees Somalia as an existential threat and will work against any group that wants to establish a functioning government in Somalia, whether this group is the TFG or the Al Shabab – Xiz islam.

Eritrea’s primary goal is to keep Ethiopia bogged down.

Ethiopia’s primary goal is that no state emerges in Somalia.

In conclusion

1. We balance them.

2. We take out Ethiopia first.

3. We take out Eritrea second.

It is in the interest of all Somali factions that Ethiopia is taken out of the equation first and as long as Ethiopia is not taken out of the equation Eritrea is needed to balance them out.