Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

ALSHABAB: between wild gale and prosperous winds

Abtigiis   

Well, this is becoming something. In an ideal situation, with an ideal audience, my point would have been rebuffed, rediculed or accepted. But we are not dealing with ordinary mortals. We are dealing with a sophesticated knave in the person of Gheele T. And as such, feigning incomprehension and not undestanding my political stance, could only be accpted from this one man.. This is a man who, despite remarkable emotional intellegience, could sound dumb, if doing so gets across his message better. This is a man who subordinates his clever analytical capacity to the exigency of the matter at hand. He can be blind in a broad light and can see in the darkest of nights. He is someone who values the lugooyo cheers of KK more than agreeing to the plausible points of his opponents-in-debate. But what do I mean?

That I now agree with Xinn, and that I have changed my stance on Alshabab, whose mission I think is over; is a clear manifestation of my feeble-mindedness. It is an indisputable alibi to the charges Gheele has been making all along that I have no position; and that like that plant Khadra Dahir bemoaned when facing an untrustworthy man -Gabal-daya miyaa tahay, I am a squatter in the political landscape with no permanent address. This is Gheele's conclusions, or the picture he is trying to paint about me.

Well, it is not becuase Xinnfanin is more intelligent than him, that he gets my point. It is becuase Xinn, with a significant effort and advise from freinds, is outgroiwng that isgiiji malady so perverse in Parts of Puntland. It is becuase Gheele T sees it as an insult to the dead ancestors to yield the ground and applaud my coherent political transformation. It is so unmanly in his home turf to be seen to be agreeing with an opponent in an argument. So, in a way, he is upholding a long tradition of ismaan-suukhin, and ku adkaysi. Gheele has more proportion of that blood in him.

Otherwise, do you need a powerpoint presentation to see where my focus of hate for Yey and the TFG has been all along? Must I go back and reprint my posts? My hate for them was based on my firm conviction that Somalia must not be colonised again. It is based on my belief that Somalia has been raped and our dignity as Somali's has been defiled by a historical enemy with the support of traitots within. To the extent reversal of that status-quo was the priority, there was no need to see reconcillation. It is because I feel Somalia is mine, although some Punties want me to rather focus on my clan-turf, and get confused why I am so much about a country they think I don't belong to.

Xamza

Ya, sheik, let us not judge my intentions here. Assume you are right, but how will that change the situation. I give you one big point of departure between you and me. The end of the occupation and political meddling of Ethiopia. That concludes one chapter for me. It is the chapter for which the Alshabab were required. And to say things haven't changed is not correct.

Is the end of occpuation not big changes? Is the end of political interference by Ethiopia not big changes? Have we ever found ourselves in such a situation where the ball is firmly in the courts of Somalis?

More importantly, do you wish to move forward, or you want to dwell on the past? Do you want to rebuild a country with vengence and retributions? Will that bring back the nation.

I think you should know I feel the same way about Sharif as you feel, and certainly my hate for all the criminals who are walking free today is not diminished, but it is not practical to move forward without forgoing accountability for reconcilliation. It is better to see some degree of impunity prevail, than to mount a new cycle of bloodhsed. Let the bygones go and let us fogive Yey and all the killers, as far as this leads to reconcilliation and reunification of the country.

Changing times and situations call for different attitudes and actions. It is that adaptabilty to evolving circumstances that we have lacked in the past. Let us be different this time.

If the sight of that nefarious Cabdi Qaybdiid still in police uniform is why you think things haven't changed, I will beg to differ. Things have changed because he is no more able to mobilise Somalia's enemies to hunt Culumo and to kill children. The system to be put in place and the new moral parameters that will be instituted will render him irrelevant.

AT&T, do I deserve to get all that wrath? Ooh boy, didn't know a mere line about your changing stance would result such a vomit. I don't know why I would assume that Xiin was indeed one putting the significant efforts and advises that changed your stance on Shareef and now Al-shabaab. If I assume wrong, accept my apology. That been said, what I hope not to see is that you (the good qabiil laawe AT&T)coming back here in this very screen and give us new testaments about Alshabab or your new found love aka the civilized part of Punties. Waar isgijisku marbuu fiican yahay, meel un isku raac :D

Ps: despite all of this, AT&T is my good friend and he knows that.. War miyeysan run ahayn? Ala jaqaaq style :D

"One way of honouring will be to forgive them for the horrendous human right violations they have caused in the course of the liberation struggle. Yes, forgetting the girls they stoned to death; the men they whipped in public, those they beheaded and those they amputated. Recognition involves decorating them with titles and putting the wreath over their bearded face. That is no mean reward."

Those punishments you mentioned above are mentioned in the Quran and Sunnah...do you have a problem with the implementation of Allah's law??? Are those the human rights violations you were refering to???

Abtigiis   

I have a problem with the execution of any law when the right framework is not in place; when the right structures are not yet developed, and when an enabling environemnt is not created. Worse, when they are selectively applied to minoroties!!

In order to bring peace and stability to any region, there must be a law that is referred to and judged based on. These men have taken over areas and have brought knowledgable judges to deal with issues. This law is nothing foreign to Somalis nor to any Muslim. Everyone knows the penalty for highway robbery, and the penalty for adultary and the penalty for stealing and so on.

Many people wouldn't object to their actions if they followed the rulings and style of the West but I don't think that some of the western punishments are more humane just because we may be more accostomed to them.

As far as implying that they are oppressing the minorities and treating them differently than the rest, i must disagree. It has occurred more than once that a member of Al-Shabaab themselves has been judged to be killed for Qisaas. As always, no one is perfect but in general i have to say that they don't discriminate in this manner.

Allah knows best.

Abtigiis   

True, but is it right to believe that there was only one woman who was engaged in adultery in Kismanyo? or in the rest of the areas they control? Or even that, that was the only case they may have heared of?

Some of the punishments in the west are equally cruel, but they involve two aspects that make them littel bit humane: one, they are not transmitted live or in front of crowds. Two, capital punishment laregly is confined to murder (which people abhor).

Could they not have killed the 'informer' in kismayo without making videos?

With regards to how many women have engaged in adultery...that is not the issue at hand. The issue is how many have been convicted in an Islamic court of adultery. There could be many cases where the evidence needed is not there and so on. So as far as is known, there has only been one case of Adultery that has been taken to court in which someone was found guilty.

I don't think that it is proper to call a judgment from Allah as something 'cruel.' This is the law of Allah and the only form of true Justice.

Some of the punishments which are done in public really put shame on the act and the one who committed the act and has a strong effect on others who may have be weak against their desires. Allah knows all of the wisdom behind all of the rulings of Shariah and how they are implemented.

We, as Muslims, must be proud of our Quran and all of the rulings it holds and must not be pleased with anything but it. We must defend it and call people to it.