Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Heavy Somali fighting amid crisis

Ibtisam   

Fierce fighting has resumed in the Somali capital, Mogadishu, following UN warnings of a humanitarian disaster.

"My house was crashed, collapsed by the mortars of the Ethiopian troops," resident Isa Gedi told the BBC.

"One of my sons died," he said by telephone, as shots could be heard in clashes between Ethiopia-backed government troops and insurgents.

Only fighters and men protecting their property are in the city as women and children have fled, aid workers say.

The main route used by people fleeing Mogadishu has been closed after a Ethiopian convoy on the road was mined and a blast at a nearby military base on Thursday.

More than 200,000 people have fled their homes since Ethiopian troops helped the government oust an Islamist group from Mogadishu in December, the UN says.

:(

sources

^^^Why are you sad?

Why wouldn't he be sad? just because you don't care doesn't mean the rest of us don't..These are lives(ur ppl incase you forgot)..someone's kids, fathers mothers elders..

they are not discriminating they are simply destroying human lives from the face of the earth, it's beyond a war..it's a genocide..

it's sad some ppl can never pass that qabiil mentality and feel the pain those people are going thru but you know what, it's life i am sure allah have better plans for them.

Coloow   

I know of 8 refugees killed, 11 others wounded when they sought shelter in the Ex-Carwada- and for the information of those who love this puppet government because it is eradicating a particular tribe; None of these 18 people were from the tribes that dominate Muqdisho!!!!!