Sign in to follow this  
Abwaan

Islamist insurgency grows in Somalia

I rest my case. We can go round and round but we will never have an answer unless we explain on what authority Sheikh Aweys and his gang declared themselves a "government" when a government was already in place with their blessings. The cause for this caos is because certain businessmen thrive only in caos.

Fabregas   

Which government do you mean? Meles Zenawi or Abdullahi Yusuf or the warlords?There was no real government in the vast majority of Southern Somalia apart from Badioa. Its simple to understand= government story finished, the day Ethiopians and warlords located at Badioba to attack the I.C.U. What's so hard to understand about that? If the I.C.U marched to Badioa to only attack the T.F.G., then this would have been a gross violation. I would say to you this is completely wrong. But, as I have said many times: when the Ethiopians and Warlods swamped to Badioa, the I.C.U gained Islamic,Secular and political right to defend themselves.You can't say Sheikh Aweys and co have no right to defend themselves, when the Ethiopians also declared war against them. Waxaasi waa sheeko ciyaal!

TFG was meant fot all Somalia including Southern Somalia and ICU members choose the TFG then changed their mind afterwards. Why? Ethiopia was not in the picture at all at that time. As I said I am tired of going circles. You want to talk about our foreign enemy only but never talk about the cause for our misfortune and that is certain people don't want peace period whether they use the excuse of jihad or not Allah knows best and He is watching.

Fabregas   

When did I.C.U take power and when did Ethiopians troops come to Somalia? As soon as I.C.U defeated the warlords, thousands of Ethiopians cross the border.I.C.U came to power June 2006 and Ethiopia came to Somalia late 2006!I am not disputing T.F.G was meant for Somalia and I.C.U supported them!I supported them too,but i rejected their stance when they allowed the warlords and Ethiopians to locate at Badioa. They could have simply told the warlords and Ethiopia to fight the I.C.U in the countryside and not bring their troops to Badioa!Tell me, weren't the warlord the same ones that were stopping them from becoming a government? If they never took sides and the I.C.U still attacked, then all the Muslims would be a witness against the I.C.U because they were attacking the legitimate government! I agree with you Alshabab and Alitixaad made some big mistakes..And they no to be discussed very seriously.lakin, it still doesn't there is no Islamic right to defend their lands.

You are accusing me of only talking about foreign enemy, whilst you are constantly trying to deny or underplay the Ethiopian and concentrate on Somalis. No doubt there are people who don't want peace in Somalia. But you have still failed to answer my question:

Why does the I.C.U not have the right to defend themselves against the war on terro alliance and Ethiopians who came to attack them?

The TFG asked Ethiopia's help when ICU defeated the warlords they didn't need and kept the ones they needed like the famous :rolleyes: and they started negotiating for governorship why?.

Was it right on the part of TFG to do that? No. Who caused all this latest chaos? ICU. Why? because they let certain warlords run the show. How can you declare jihad when you are the cause? Answer that and then we can talk about Ethiopia as much as you want. Unless we face the cause of our problems we will never have a solution.

Fabregas   

Bro, I don't understand your question. But as you said, we have been going in around in circles.So let us end our discussion here, inshallah. And if I sounded harsh anway, I apologize.Make Dua for Somalia and I will make dua for you and your family and all the Muslims,Ameen!

Thank you and I also apologize. Please always remember us in your duas. It was a pleasure having this simple discussion with you without resorting to insults and big words without meaning. I hope we the youth will start small circles in our cities and talk about solutions on how can we work together even if we have different views. May Allah bless you.