Sign in to follow this  
LayZie G.

Silanyo Revealed: The ABCs of Aabo 'Secessionist'

Ahmed Muhamud Silanyo a.k.a Al-Seytuni is a great depression baby. He was born in remote and far removed area in Burco, northwest Somalia while the world's economy was in great turmoil, which explains his resilience in dealing with adversaries, for there are many to choose.

Silanyo, at a mature age entered high school and subsequently college, when he was accepted as a 'mature' student. Much of the hype surrounding the man comes from the fact that he is "educated" and granted thats the case, he is also calculating and master manipulator.

Among other things, his admirers call him, "the single greatest living stateman in all of SOMALIA's territories", including but not limited to proponents of secession.

Some go as far as calling him a 'seasoned politician', befitting of this title, he should have his home tuulo named after him, in which case he will be an immortal soul long after his burial, celebrated by the likes of north.

As far as critics of Silanyo are concerned, they have failed in addressing real issues in real time. Instead of leading discussion of the man's record, they have discussed and engaged in petty insults about his age and his victim role as the "mugged one".

Discussion about the man's record is not at the forefront, which it should be because thats how you win arguments not engaging in trivial things.

No one engaged his supporters about the man's character, his loyalty and lack of for the Barre Regime during his time abroad.

His organization's role in arming militia in order topple the Barre Regime.

The ambiguity surrounding the question of secession, this should be an interest to both the Oadweyne's and Dukeys of this forum.

Furthermore, critics and observers alike should be engaged vigorously in calling for Silanyo's whereabout and his activities in the period from november of 1990 to March of 1991, where was he and what was he doing?

What was his motivation for creating the SNM?( I dont want to hear anyone taking the victim role with this question)

Is he a trusted man or devious soul? (this should be especially interesting to Ngonge)

You decide for yourself but one thing to keep in mind is that the first order of business of this man's administration should not be about promising open transparency with the west in topping terrorism and piracy, instead it should be about feeding his pple, creating jobs for the youth of the northwest enclave and more importantly improving the healthcare of the population and not just topping Islamists who he may have had a hand in creating.

JUST LIKE HIS BELOVED SNM PUT GUNS IN THE HANDS OF AIDEED AND LIKES, THIS MAN MIGHT HAVE ENCOURAGED AND CONTINUES to ENGAGE THE GODANEs OF TODAY....

GOD BLESS MR SILANYO AKA AL-SEYTUNI, MAY YOUR FALL BE AS SUCCESSFUL AS YOUR RISE TO FAME IN THE SMALL ENCLAVE AND MAY YOU ROD IN HELL FROM WITHIN....

....filed by LayZie G

STOIC   

GOD BLESS MR SILANYO AKA AL-SEYTUNI, MAY YOUR FALL BE AS SUCCESS AS YOUR RISE TO FAME IN THE SMALL ENCLAVE AND MAY YOU ROD IN HELL FROM WITHIN....

:D:D

lol@oodweyne, as always, you are not prepared nor will you prepared to engage the subject.

Its true that I am dismissive of the silanyo supporters but not as much as I am dismissive of the man's critics for they are a bunch of demented, out of touch fools, who refuse to engage in real issues.

I dont buy the hero argument, the aabo siyad ayuu ka fiican yahay argument, oo asaga ayaa noo roon becuz he is one of us, nor do I buy the argument that the man's age has caught up to him and he has nothing to offer but be content in in his position as a ceremonial figure who will be handicapped by the previous administration's long list of policy failures to do much less deliver tangible results, namely changing the system of the old boys club in so called 'villa morgan" long enough to bring change to the people of the northwest. I just dont buy it oodweyne

NGONGE   

LG,

You are losing your touch, dear. This would have been a good thread had you managed to rein yourself in a little and framed your questions in a way that made them appear a tad objective. Still, let us see what we can salvage from the mess you wrote above.

Your questions seem to be directed at a vast audience (for a variety of perceived reasons). I think you would have done well to concentrate on the SL audience alone and forgot about the delusional southerners (in this case alone). Alas, since you insisted on nodding in their direction and, as a result, hinting at the rumors about Siilaanyo's alleged desire to renounce secessionism in favor of a greater Somalia, I suppose I better quote the man himself in a speech he gave in 2002.

Mr. Silanyo spoke about the principles of his party, as well as rumors which he said were spread against his party. Defending his party against speculations that KULMIYE will reunite Somalia, the chairman strongly refuted these charges, saying
“It is a natural thing that rumors or hearsay are told against an official of a party, rumors like, that guy or so-and-so, will take us to Mogadishu. But I am not the type who ever conceals his convictions. My principles were then, and now, quite clear. KULMIYE party stands and struggles for Somaliland, for which we strived for a long time. If I wanted to go to Mogadishu, I would have gone there long ago. We know each other. I warn those spreading such false information, beware, you are spreading lies against KULMIYE which stands for unity and development of Somaliland”.

Source

Now that the issue of the south is (I hope) dealt with, we have to turn our attentions to your other questions (of which there weren't that many). You ask about the man's character! Well, before I eulogise the man and extol all his brilliant virtues or damn him and criticise his political decisions, let me begin by reminding you that honest, just, innocent and principled politicians are very rare. Politics is a dirty game and only those who are adept at playing dirty could survive it as long as president Siilaanyo has. As a result, the only thing I will concede here is that the man is good at what he does. However, to claim that he is some sort of messiah or that he is as innocent as a newborn child is, well, a barefaced lie. He is a politician after all.

To talk about his SNM past serves no purpose here, likewise his previous employment as a minion for the former Somali president. The first is known to all (not fully in your case) and the second could be applied to every Somaliland citizen that once called the blue flag his/her own. Things have moved on, dear. Siilaanyo is in the news today for being elected Somaliland president and, perversely (not to mention, to your utter irritation), his past played a great part in helping him gain the SL presidency.

It is funny that you should give such advice on how the Kulmiye Party should conduct itself locally. If I did not know any better I would have sworn that you read their manifesto or attended one of Mr Siilaanyo's election speeches (he paid lip service to all that gruff about employment for the youth, healthcare and education). Yet, all this is easier said than done. The most I expect him to do (assuming he runs a tight and somewhat honest ship) is to improve the systems of governance, organise the government institutions and (maybe) improve the infrastructure of the country. Employment, health and education are, I fear, way beyond his means as long as the country remains unrecognised.

This brings us to the issue of recognition. It is understandable that you, being a southerner, might not regard it as the be-all-and-end-all of president Siilaanyo's priorities but I bet he would disagree with you there. Recognition remains vital for the overall wellbeing and progress of Somaliland. This is why I expect that this new government will double the effort of gaining such recognition and finally laying the ghost of greater Somalia to rest.

Still, let me widen the net a little and bring you in for a bit. You see, many administrations in Somalia have been copying the model of Somaliland. Makhir hastily announced their own administration a while back and banged on about taking control of their own affairs and future. SSC is doing the same today and is chaotically trying to decide their own destiny. Before that, of course, PL did the same. One could even argue that the TFG is even doing the same thing. But where all fail is in the method and emphasis rather than the idea itself. SL has been in control of its own affairs for almost twenty years. The point of doing things for "things'" sake has long been passed. The idea here is about the future. It is about catching up and keeping up with the rest of the world not with PL, SSC, Makhir, Al Shabab or the TFG. It is about moving away from pointless political discourse and moving towards building a future for the children of SL. It is about hope, ambition and giving people a reason to strive for better things. This is why the SL people cheered when their elections were peaceful and successful (even though not all of them supported Kulmiye). It was proof that all were in agreement on how to influence and pave the future of their land. It is also why all are in agreement about never returning to unruly Somalia. Because, even the most sympathetic proponent of the Somaliweyn dream knows that the world cannot stand still while the South drags its feet about sorting out its own problems (an idea that PL and the others will soon come to realise, I'm sure).

Finally, I would lovingly beg you to stop being obtuse, dear. Godane bombed Hargeisa. WAX FAHAN.

NGONGE   

^^ You have to always remember that I was conversing with a lady here. A lady that may get sweet talked by a Somalilander one of these days. Wax fahan, err, as it were. :D

^NG, don't mistake me for that BBC reject aka 'I do weekly documentaries, look at me, aren't I relevant'?

Besides, you are creating distractions as always.

...but say, be objective aa? Why indulge in a fools play? The hot climate of today does not allow one to be objective nor will I indulge in such a hot mess......

Besides, its not that I am not capable of being objective but that even if I entertained such ideas where the northern enclave is concerned, you would not hesitate to call it for what it is, "war tii meyna aheyn a southener, waligeed maxey kasugeyne" and so it goes.....

Folks in that part of the country see things in black and white....and about the matter of GODANE, war ADIGA WAX FAHAN, its precisely that he bombed his own city that calls one to suspect that there are bigger things at play....its SL's way of saying, "look, even the self-described leader and founder of Al-Shabaab hates us, he bombed our city, why would you suspect us"? SEE, we are innocent, our hands are clean, I SWEAR, etc, etc.

At the end of the day I am not one to point fingers but fingers were long pointed at the direction of that man and others in his circle.

The reason why I dont buy either argument, the one about him being iffective old hag who can not possibly put his sandals on much less run a tuulo or the fact that he is aaboheena, we know him, we trust him, both arguments are irrelevant....

Anytime a man commands 270,000 strong votes out of a population thats reported to be just over 2 million, there is reason for concern.

This man is not someone that you can easily dismiss, which is why questions have to be asked, starting with his history. (I know you want to forget his history but it matters to the discussion about silanyo)

Now, if you are disputing about his leadership role in the terrorist movement also known as SNM, then its something that needs to be corrected from bottom up as there are multiple sites who are under the impression that he is the founder of the diasopora branch, where as other profiles done on him say he was the chairmain....either way, he was in bed with the terrorist organization, which means his campaign is purposely misleading multiple media outlets about the leadership record.....all the more reasons we should know the man behind the suit, don't you agree?

Whether he led the movement or was the founder or he was among the top diaspora ranks of the terrorist movement matters little here, except that he was a member of the organization (this much everyone agrees) and once a terrorist, always a terrorist, this much matters to the public.

You are probably wondering, what about RIYAALE?

Riyaale's card is not as hidden as this man's shady past. At the same time, Riyaale can be bought and sold, which is why Silaanyo's critics should not underestimate the old man nor should be be discussed as just another old hag with a big heart, instead people should be focused on uncovering the truth about this man, layer by layer.

PS:Oadweyne, besides Silanyo being the leader of the clan and your ability to draw the family tree, what else does he bring to the table? Why do you think he was the right man for the job? These are relevant questions....btw, was it gaffe or simple truth when your beloved Silanyo said he never meant for the small enclave to breakaway from the rest of SOmalia? LOL

NGONGE   

^^ Once a terrorist, always a terrorist was what the Afrikanas used to say about a certain Nelson. ;)

Anyway, objective or not, can you put a leash on this wild goat of an argument and tell us exactly what you're after. Just so we can follow your thread of thought, you understand. :D

ANTARA   

Lazie could be on to something here, atleas, on one issue and Mashqac-geliye might agree with her.

This was part of his last interview with Siilaaanyo:

S: Md. Madaxweyne, waxa aad tidhi markii lagu doortay Ictiraafka Somaliland waxa aan ka doonayaa dalalka Carabta, taasoo dad badani u arkeen inay jar iyo qar isku qaad kaa ahayd, balse aanad daacad ka ahayn ictiraafka Somaliland, maxaa ka jira arrintaa?

J: Adeer waa taan Hadraawi hees ka waayaa oo Muuse Biixi iga dudaa oo Samaale Xerta Yagoori ku dhiibaa oo Saleebaan Muslin mar denbe fiintu-na dhex mirataa oo Xinif Computer-ka Virus ka gala oo Gabboose Urur waayaa, daacad ayaan ka ahay ee i rumeysta. Taladani waa taladii qurbo joogta KULMIYE ee maaha si kale. :D

full interview

I can make neither heads nor tails of this tirade. Layzie is most persuasive, if redundant, when she takes extremists to task, exposing the ill-concieved notion of enclosing women in cloth-bags (the Burka), decrying the dangerous effects of theocracy, extolling the virtues of liberal democracy, and the occasional nod to the canons of Catholicism. :D

Lazy by name lazy by nature. Lazy G go get a hobby or something and get Silanyo out of your head. Silanyo was elected by the people of Somaliland your opinion is nill and void and I for one would be greatful if you did not share it with us but rather kept it to yourself.

Originally posted by ANTARA:

Lazie could be on to something here, atleas, on one issue and Mashqac-geliye might agree with her.

This was part of his last interview with Siilaaanyo:

S: Md. Madaxweyne, waxa aad tidhi markii lagu doortay Ictiraafka Somaliland waxa aan ka doonayaa dalalka Carabta, taasoo dad badani u arkeen inay jar iyo qar isku qaad kaa ahayd, balse aanad daacad ka ahayn ictiraafka Somaliland, maxaa ka jira arrintaa?

J: Adeer waa taan Hadraawi hees ka waayaa oo Muuse Biixi iga dudaa oo Samaale Xerta Yagoori ku dhiibaa oo Saleebaan Muslin mar denbe fiintu-na dhex mirataa oo Xinif Computer-ka Virus ka gala oo Gabboose Urur waayaa, daacad ayaan ka ahay ee i rumeysta. Taladani waa taladii qurbo joogta KULMIYE ee maaha si kale.
:D

:D:D:D