Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

KENYA LEGISLATORS TO PUSH FOR RECOGNITION OF SOMALILAND

Fabregas   

I don't think what happened in Somaliland is anything compared to the Rwanda, Bosnia and various other places.

Somaliland leaders should stop the propoganda of the "genocide" in Somaliland, as if it was the only place where killings took place.Some other clans suffered as much or as worse.

They should stop the propoganda of the "peace" in Somaliland as if there is no other peaceful place apart from Hargeysa and Burco.

Geel Jirre

you have brought shame to that name.

tell me what other area in somalia suffered the unconceivable massacring that was suffered in the north and mainly by that clan in the north.

if you consider the killings of hundreds of thousands to be purely propaganda then are you surprised that somaliland wants to break free?

somaliland is peaceful but that doesnt mean nowhere else is. somalilanders to want to see peace in the rest of somalia and somali inhabited areas but they are proud of their own achievement and too damn right!!!

Now it became 100's of thousands? The jews used to say only a few thousand jews were killed by hitler. Now they say 6 million jews were killed. A case of de ja vu nooh?

Ebyan   

1 person or 100s of thousands of people, it really makes no difference; it's one too many. RIP to all those who were unjustly killed. smile.gif

^ Yes ofcourse, however the number is the line of thinking and reason for seccesion.If the number were smaller the international community would say, THAT'S IT?

Do you know how many people were killed in Rwanada, or Burundi or South Africa or even other regions of Somalia? I lost relatives to the last regime. However I do not hold the last regime in contempt and want to secede from my brothers in Somalia for that reason alone.

Ebyan   

We're coming at this from different angles; you support unity and I don't. Somalilanders don't need to use what happened to them in the '80s to leave the union...They can just leave and Inshallah President Abdullahi Yusuf will help them in their quest. Of course you have the right to question the numbers that people keep throwing around, but I just think this is an extremely sensitive issue for many people and it's nearly impossible to talk about the events of the late '80s without offending anyone.

Who are Somalilanders?

What about the people of Sool, Sanaag, and Buhoodle?

What about the people of Awdal, and what about the territorial integrity of a country?

Many people from Waqooyi Galbeed regions died fighting for Somalia. Some of the actions the past regime took were despicable. But isn't that what happens in a dictatorship? The past regime was not selective in it's killings. They killed anybody who they deemed was a threat. Including some of my relatives. Which is sick, however is that reason enough for me to want to secede?

Wasn't the reason they are leaving because of tyrants like Riyaale who 'massacred' the population? Is there a double standard here sister?

Ebyan   

The people from those areas get to decide their own fate. If they wish to stay in the union they can do so and if they wish to leave they can.

I know what you mean. There are some people who exploit the events of '80s, but put yourself in their shoes. If airplanes were used to bomb your people, wouldn't you want to leave the union as well?

Anywho..Isn't the President suppose to resolve this issue? I heard there was a deal in the works..

Xoogsade   

^ Violet, you are okay with the disintegration of the country and hope A/Y expedites the departure of the north. Your reasoning is that these somalis were hurt and they deserve to go if they choose to and must determine their future. You surprisingly even believe that one dead it too many. All that now beg the quetion, What about Muqdisho residents? Do you want them determine their future? is their one dead too many? Or let me guess, they are the unapproved clans whose occupation and murder of their kids in cold blood is okay? How interesting :D

Xoogsade   

^ Why not saxib? I think violet and me can solve somali problems by getting married to one another. That way, I can get close to the Old man and surprise him with a Coup.

btw, saaxiiboow, gabaraa laguugu qalday ee naaneystaada "hunguri" ku xiji "weyne" hadaan qof kale kaaga hormarin :D

Hunguri   

loooooooooool@ hunguri wayne. Well, I wld take your advice, I aint that stuborn. Anyhow, I will have to think about it before implementing smile.gif . By the way, dee maba xumoo waaba lays guursadaaye. Horta marka hore inantu maku ogoshahay smile.gif , I think, you will have to make lots of compromises over your political beleives ;) . Only then, will you be abte to get through. Hadaba anigu waa kula taliyey Xoogsadoow!!! :D

Xoogsade   

Hunguri, saxib, how can a good guy like you support the TFG? You are like that star in a distant dark galaxy giving off some faint light towards dear earth where the one who is looking at it wonders when will the faint light being emitted stop and the star will die disappearing into the surrounding sea of darkness.

You don't have to change your username on my advise. But since you chose "hunguri", I thought adding "Wayne" would be the icing on the cake and would thwart The centurions on the forum confusing you with a lady and pairing you up with a man as a best mate. Haven't you seen the topic about the SOL awards? Check there, you will see what I am talking about.

Naagahana lama dhaho ma i rabtaa, cause their first reply would be no, you never do that saxib. Violet can not resist me even with my political difference.

Hunguri   

Dee niyohow TFG-da waa taageerayaa. I will support the TFG sxb, for Adeer Cabdillahi is in power. Markaa sxboow that is my point :D . I hope, we should respect our beleivs dee. Iga ganbiso sxb !!!