Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Was Djabouti a PR stunt?

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

Northerner...It is not matter of you wishing us ill. It is just that you have no real stake in Somalia and your interests are not at risk and definately it is not your cities that are being blown to bits while your people are at each other throats with the enemy taking advantage of your disunity. At the end of the night, you can sleep clamly knowing Somalis are in dire situation. And that doesn't reflect negatively on you.

I could always walk to a Palestinian and tell him that I feel his pain, but really do I?. My intentions are good, but it's nothing more than lip service. And I could strike a conversation about their political climate,and put in my cents by concluding any deal between Hamas and Abbas would just be gimmick or PR stunt therefore reducing their hope to little more than chit chat about their people's misfortunes. I'm your intentions are well Saaxib, but they just don't reflect our hopes and pains.Conversation about our tragedy is just another passing moment in your day and doesn't weigh heavily your mind.

You're from Puntland, aren't you Che?

Xoogsade   

Nin ku nabad galiyay oo kaa ootay xeradiisa wuu kuu dhaamaa mid islaanimo, soomalinimo iyo darisnimo kaa celin wayday oo dilkaada iyo baab'aaga ku faraxsan, for that fact, Northerner is dearer to someone from Muqdisho than someone from Puntland who supports A/Y would be. Maxaa beenta lagu falaayaa oo loo haystaa qof soomaali ah oo la safan walaalihii? northerner iyo dadka la midka ah did what Puntlanders who support the Xabashis and the TFG failed to do.

AYOUB   

Che

Ma wakhtigii Buntland la iska fogeeyn jiree baa la gaadhay ? ;)

I've got lots of points...

As a reer Puntland - allow me to use your analogy - Are you a Palestinian or an Israeli in this conflict down south?

If Somalilanders are not stake holders neither do Ethios, Ugandans, Gringos Djiboutians etc etc

Originally posted by AYOUB:

If Somalilanders are not stake holders neither do Ethios, Ugandans, Gringos Djiboutians etc etc [/QB]

And as such are no different from the ones you mentioned. Those should go too either by peace or force.

P.S. I'm from Puntland in the Qabiil sense that Ayoub understands,but otherwise my family is from every where.

Xoogsade....True,those support Ethios are worse.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

P.S. I'm from Puntland in the Qabiil sense that Ayoub understands,but otherwise my family is from every where.

Hehe! There's only one way to be "from Puntland".

Btw, have you just recognised SL? smile.gif

^^LOL@have you just recognized SL!

Recognition from stud Che of SOL, I reckon, would definitely not harm your case yaa Ayoub

AYOUB   

^^ I accept it with a pinch of milix. smile.gif Just like Che's distancing himself from Puntland, let's see how long it lasts.... ;)

Emperor   

^What are you on about man, Puntland is part of South Somalia (although its situated in the North and remember have not declared to be out of the rublic), it has always been part of the Somali civil war against the clans of reer Muqdisho... Che is correct SL have no stake in this war and are careless about the peace efforts, infact Puntlanders are part of the Somali deaths reported daily from Mogadihsu, Biadoa, Kismayo and most of the South conflict zones... It pains me to see them fighting and dieing as much as it pains me to see Alshabaabs killing innocent and dieing, all for nothing... peace is important for all of South Somalia...

SL have not been part of the South Somali civil war, not only now but since 91 so Che's landers can relax is true...

Its fact Puntland's tax money, boys and fireams are poured into the Central regions, Banadir and part of the South for the sake of this war, it is directly involved as federal autonomous region part of the TFG and its win or lose for them, any war or peace news update is a personal touch for them as much as it is for reer Mogadishu. Puntlanders have every reason to hope for peace in Somalia, I hope djibouti will bring out better results we are tired of never ending death, all Somalis.

Xoogsade its tiring to see that you never opted to think out of the clan box, now you support Norf and the seccess's stand on this topic, I wonders...

N.O.R.F   

Good stuff Xiin.

I agree that this meeting was a positive step. I just expected more to come out of it. But then there is the Al Shabaab question which will need to be explored.

BUT, you know the game of politics. What you listed out as being agreed is very vague and liable to interpretation. With the need for Somalis to sort things out between themselves it has been agreed that there will be foriegn mediation! We will wait and see how things pan out. I'm just an impatient so and so I guess.

As for being a seccessionist, fine. BUT, does that mean I should show no concern and why?

Che,

As usual you tend to focus on the unimportant in the devil's advocate role you seem to enjoy playing. What does my being from Burco have to do with my concern for the south? Spell it out matey, spell it out.

Ayoub,

Waar ninka dhibka ka daa :D

Hunguri,

India ma gaartay saxib? Ma maqaaxi ku taala Bombay baad joogtaa? :D

KK,

No surprises then. I'll leave you alone icon_razz.gif

By Emp

Its fact Puntland's tax money, boys and fireams are poured into the Central regions, Banadir and part of the South for the sake of this war, it is directly involved as federal autonomous region part of the TFG and its win or lose for them

Would it be fair for me to question Che's anti TFG/Ethio stance even though he is from the region supporting/financing the war?

Hunguri   

Northner, will not tell you where I am at smile.gif . Saaxiib, the world is not save place to live lately. I am some where in Nagakar street, where they sell red pan and Kat. What about the Euro first kick, I hope you will be there in UAE!

Emperor   

Norf, Hardly that is the case as Che have always been anti-TFG anti-Punt Admin in this boards, he's entitled to his views... However, che can answer for himself...

As for what you quote me, it was refered to Lander who suggested that Puntlanders have no connections whatsoever in whats happening in the South... I only disagreed with that, unlike SLders we are in need of peace and a lasting settlement as we are part of the wars in much of the South...

Reer Muqdishio and reer Puntland are similar and have a lot in common in this case...

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Hunguri:

Northner, will not tell you where I am at
smile.gif
. Saaxiib, the world is not save place to live lately. I am some where in Nagakar street, where they sell red pan and Kat. What about the Euro first kick, I hope you will be there in UAE!

I will be there IA. See you then.

Emp, waa tahay

Ibtisam   

This is ridiculous and I cannot believe Che and Xiin of all nomads is trying to use this crooked argument to try and justify their argument. Putting the moral argument aside and our Islamic duty, I can give you plenty of other reasons as to why northerners would like to see peace and stability in Somalia.

1) Although northerners nuclear family maybe from the north, Somali people are interlinked: therefore at most northerners want their families to have a peaceful country and their livelihood not endangered. At worse, they want them out of their hair, so that they do not have to accommodate them or finance to send them out of Somali. By extension if Somalis had no connections to each other, then we can exclude all Somalis who are not from the affected cities including yourself, but as you said Che your family is from everywhere.

2) Interlinked with this, the large influx of Somalis from the south is having a large impact in the north, both negative and positive. It is changing the landscape, the economic scene and the environment. I can break this down for you if you need help as to why. smile.gif Peace and stability in Somalia will not only mean that northerners will have better control of their economic, social and environmental status but also facilitate new opportunities for the northerners, making it a two way exchange rather than a one way drainage.

3) The current burden on the resources in Somaliland, including land/schools/ hospitals will be relieved.

4) With a peaceful Somalia, “Somaliland government” can stop spend over 35% of its budget on security and defence, and start prioritizing other sectors such as health and education for the benefit its citizens.

5) The continuous fear of spill-over of the conflict. Northerners will always support a “mad mullah” who comes and wave Islam in their face and calls for Islamic unity etc, we only have to look back to the changing opinions of northerners when the ICU first came to power, with some northerners currently still supporting (either via funds or in force) the Al-shababa’s in their “holy jihad” Therefore Somalia in limbo is jeopardizing Somaliland’s future.

6) Every country needs a peaceful, stable and economically viable country as its neighbors. A dysfunctional Somali is no help to Somaliland.

7) Northerners are tired of the looks we get from foreigners when we say we are “Somali” or our families are back home. The “Oh you poor thing, are they okay, is it safe? We want to be proud to be Somali and for Somalis to be associated with something other than pictures and images of maskeen Somali kids and women beaten, broken and on the verge of starvation.

8) Proximity yaa Che You live no where near Palestine nor does your family, therefore you cannot compare it to the North and South, nor can you compare it to: Ugandans, Gringos, Djiboutian, who all cover some safe distance back to their country or in the case of Ethiopia have military backing when shid hits the fan! Somaliland is in Somalia’s back yard with a questionable military strength and limited funds.

I can go on all day, but I hope you get the picture.

SO how dare you say, Somalia’s affair does not concern Northerners, and Xiin a positive outcome for Somalia is good for northerners. You should credit them with being able to choose what is good for them if nothing else.

Finally Che if I can beat you with your own hand picked stick for a moment, you also have empathy and cannot possible even imagine let alone experience what Somalis in the South are going thorough right now. Regardless of whether your mother/ father and every member of your family lives there or not; you cannot being to understand their suffering, pain and daily reality, simple because you do not share their environment. This argument has been used previously to criticize the diaspora Somalis who make decisions in their comfortable sofas in the west, and raise funds to support warlords and so-called leaders without acknowledging the impact of their actions.

P.s. Ayoub and North, particularly Ayoub, how can you even entertain their little analogy?? It is so flawed and pathetic. North What is with the "good stuff Xiin? iyo waa tahee Emp" What did he say which is good or a person could agree with? :confused:

P.s.s. Emperor In addition to your usual stuff and nonsense (to borrow Ngonge words,) you need to stop recycling the same old trash. Being pro-Somaliland does not equate to wishing for the destruction and demise of Somalia, nor does it warrant insults.

NB: When I use “northerner” I mean “Somaliland” not the nomad North. :D

Go figure.

I agree that this meeting was a positive step

LooooooooooooL....Miskiin baa tahay.

Ibti..Horta, it is common sense to assume decent people are morally opposed to any human suffering,but beyond that Mr Northerner is not another spectator in the sad saga that's our homeland. He has alot at stake in Somalia. You have listed many reasons as to why you want to see Somalia stabilized and at peace with itself. I couldn't get that out of northerner and I specifically did ask him what's in it for him in seeing peaceful Somalia.We all are saddened by situation in Somalia, but at the same, we all have our narrow interests in the old republic.