Sign in to follow this  
Armstrong

Knowledge is Cure :- Online Islamic Seminars :- )

Salaam Alaikum,

My local Shaykh in my area runs a programme on every saturday whereby young brothers deliver a khutbah on a heart-touching topic by summarising a book/lecture they read or heard.

So, I thought can a similar project work online whereby we can deliver at least one good topic a week? I have discovered that things said from heart and which one practices is best received by the audience. Topics we had include: 1) Satan's Web 2) Sinner's Paradise 3) Khushuuc 4) Heroes of Islam 5) Signs of the hypocrites and so on..

We are all very busy and I think we will benefit considerably if we can summarise some fascinating books/leaflets/lectures/stories we recently been discovering on Islam and deliver a khutbah on it. We can do this by someone at least preparing for five minutes a summary of a khutbah written by himself/herself and posting it here to be pondered upon, make it reasonable length with enthusiasm and touching the heart.

For example, perhaps you read a book called Signs of Judgement Day by Ibn Kathir. You can summarise like the main signs of the 'Judgement Day' such as the sun rising from the west, ya'juj wa ma'juj (gog and magog, the devilish kingdom), return of Christ (Son of Mary), the anti-christ (masiih ad-dajaal), the mahdi and so on in more profound details...

It does not have to be long, keep it short (, snappy and eloquent... (Insha-Allah)

What do you guys out there think? Good idea or what ;)

We are looking for astonishing, eloquent, mesmerising topics, absolutely unique and tentalising with a clout !

Calling all students of Islam.... Your Forum Need's You !!!

Spare just 5 mins of your time, time is of the essence, use it or be cut by it.

First can we have a volunteer for this week, who wants to deliver a topic entirely written by him/her?

Perhaps Muraad will start us off since he is most knowledgeable smile.gif We await yaa shaykh.

P.S. This thread is for serious folks only. This is not entertainment. If you wish to contribute please do so if not just read and enjoy :D

Take it away !

Haashim   

Mujaahid Good idea Bro. and i think every one will try his best INSHAALLAAH.

MINEEY FATUURO FIIQ TIRAA NINKII FADHAA ASMAA FAYOOW

Ameenah, we need participation not to be munching on the free refreshments. LOL. Muraad we're waiting on you. Muj, Give me few weeks till this semester is over b4 I contribute :D Shukran.

Baashi   

Mujaahid, brother that is very thoughtful of u to do this for all of us. Muraad and other knowledgeble folks out there, we will be waiting ur contribution on this. I, for one, will sure benefit ur contributions insha'alah.

Haashim   

Bro. mujaahid, my first reading of your topic was just ovrview, not every word, but i read it deeply now (after you told me our last meeting) and i got this word, Perhaps Muraad will start us off since he is most knowledgeable , this is not true Bro, you may think so, but again it is not true, so ask ALLAH forgiveness because there are many Bros. & Sis. who you don't know them, whose knowldege is wider than me and you let alone their TAQWA which no one knows except ALLAH.

if i had seen this word before i would not respond you the way i reponded it earlier. i would like to respond such thread but since you said what you said i will let others to respond first, and i will be one of the last shareholders on this thread INSHAALLAH.

Timirtii horeba dab loo waa

MURAAD YOU MISUNDERSTOOD ME ! WHAT I SAID WAS THAT "PERHAPS HE WILL START US OFF SINCE HE IS MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE.."

THIS IS NOT TO SAY YOU ARE THE MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE IN COMPARISON TO OTHERS BUT ONLY ENCOURAGEMENT FOR YOU TO START OFF. I AM SORRY YOU TOOK IT ENTIRELY DIFFERENTLY THAN INTENDED. IF THAT COMMENT TROUBLED YOU THEN FADHLAN FORGIVE ME. BUT SXB YOU KNOW THAT I CAN NEVER SAY WHAT YOU ARE SAYING BECAUSE SIMPLY I DO NOT KNOW THE OTHER PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM. FIRSTLY, I DID NOT MEET THEM, NOR DID I HEAR THEM TALK, NOR HAD TEA WITH THEM :D SO HOW CAN I COMPARE YOU TO THEM. ANY HOW PEACE OUT MY BIG BRO AND AGAIN SORRY IF MY COMMENTS WERE AN ISSUE TO YOU !

P.S. SINCE IT IS ME WHO STARTED THIS THREAD OFF INSHA-ALLAH I WILL KICK US OFF.. GIVE ABOUT WEEK OR SO TO GATHER INFO AND STUFF....MEANWHILE LISTEN

TO THIS GREAT TOPIC BY AN ENGLISH SHAYKH ABDUR-RAHEEM GREEN AKA THE GREEN SHEIKH FROM LONDON, MY RESIDENT HOMETOWN :D

Moments of Death..and Life Hereafter..Tears of Blood !

WA ALAIKUM SALAAM.

Blessed   

Originally posted by Tamina:

Ameenah, we need participation not to be munching on the free refreshments

looooooool, okay, okay in sha Allah when I get time off work I'll get my notebook out ... but untill then, a girls got to eat :D

Honestly, I really need something like this to keep me on my toes smile.gif

SALAMU ALAYKUM GUYS !

I AM SORRY FOR NOT POSTING ANYTHING WALAAHI I AM ASHAMED OF MYSELF I HOPE YOU CAN FORGIVE FOR MY LATENESS IN REGARDS TO THIS TOPIC...I AM INADATED WITH SOME COLLEGE WORK LEFT RIGHT CENTRE...

ANYWAYS INSHALLAH I WILL POST ONE VERY SOON...AFTER I SORT OUT MY MATERIAL.. SOME BROTHER IS BRINGING ME TAPES AND LECTURES TODAY INSHALLAH I AM WAITING...AS SOON AS I GET THIS INSHALLAH A SUMMARY OF IT WILL BE UP...

BARE WITH ME WALAALAYAAL...

P.S. I HOPE YOU CAN ALL FORGIVE ME IN THE LATE REPLY...

WA SALAMU 3LAYKUM WA RA7MATULLAH WA BARAKATUH.

MUJAHID OVER AND OUT !

Haashim   

Assalaamu calaykum, this was a good topic but we neglected we're soo greedy that we don't want to advice each other, i would like someone else to start but it seems that everyone is busy or ....... anyhow, i will start with this rough and express article but i look forward better and more articles from you.

There are many good, sweet and full of ALLAH's believe words from our (grand) fathers/mothers for example we inherited from them to answer "WAX AAN LAGU WAARI DOONIN" which means "WE'RE IN A SITUATION THAT WILL NOT LAST LONG" refering LIFE, HEALTH, WEALTH enz. if someone asks us how are you? how is the life?, how do you feeling? enz. this word "WAXAAN LAGU WAARI DOONIN IYO NIMCO ILAAH BAAN KU JIRNAA" and sometimes they used to say "WAXAAN KU JIRNAA WAX AANAAN KU WARI DOONIN" has a very deep meaning and it shows to you how our ancstors were had a strong bond with their creator (ALLAH S.W.T), they deeply realized that they will not continue as they are now, they believed beyond any doubt that ALLAH will change this situation and no one will remain as he/she is now. this change could be better or worse but the later was always in their mind. DEATH was the first one in their mind, when they were saying "SOMETHING THAT WILL NOT LAST" they primarily meant THE LIFE, after the life or before the death there are long list of disturbances including Sickness, Lost of Love ones, Poverty, Wars, Violences and all other un-wanted and un-expected visitors (WA MAA AKTHARUHAA) and they're plenty.

So, my question is (and i will start to myself) Are we prepared to all these ditrubances let alone the death which is certainty?. the paradox of this case is that although the distrubances sucha as accidents, sickness, poverty enz. are likely to happen to us at anytime, they're not certain as the DEATH and we always claim that we know that, we all say the only thing i'm sure is that i will die one day, when? ALLAHU ACLAM! it coiuld be any time including today/tonight but if you look our actions and behaviours you will see other than that, we act as there is no something called DEATH and even no other distrubances.

To respond this word, i think it's a kind of DA'WA because you areremembering ALLAH to your friend who asks you how's everything? " WAX AAN LAGU WAARI DOONIN BAAN KU JIRNAA" i really like that, and it had many styles some mothers/fathers say "MAR NALAKA AF QABAN DOONO MA NAQAANE ILAAHAY WAA NOO NIMCEEYAY" and all of you have heard similiar words so please keep to say that it's a FANTASTIC word.

Finally i want to conclude my article to these two life examples of the DEATH and DISTRUBANCES.

First example is that as most of you know we lost a brother and friend who i don't want to say here how he was dear to us and how he was a helpfull and honest brother. but i want to remeber you that he was too young and fit and he never complained from any disorder. INAA LILAAHI WA INAA ILAYHI RAAJICUUN.

The second example is about two girls who are called RANA and RAGHDA do you know who are they? the're the daughters of SADDAM HUSSEIN, believe it or not they admitted that they wash their clothes with their hands and they're hoping to ask an assylum to a country that overthrowed their father!

That's the DUNYA anyone who think it will last long should consider these and many other examples around.

LOOKING FORWARD TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON

Salamu 3alaykum,

Mujahid said:

P.S. SINCE IT IS ME WHO STARTED THIS THREAD OFF INSHA-ALLAH I WILL KICK US OFF.. GIVE ABOUT WEEK OR SO TO GATHER INFO AND STUFF....

ANYWAYS INSHALLAH I WILL POST ONE VERY SOON...AFTER I SORT OUT MY MATERIAL.. SOME BROTHER IS BRINGING ME TAPES AND LECTURES TODAY INSHALLAH I AM WAITING...AS SOON AS I GET THIS INSHALLAH A SUMMARY OF IT WILL BE UP...

What misleading statements i uttered there may Allah forgive me that i did not honour what I said I was chasing dunya and rejected this responsibility :(:(

InshaAllah I hope all brothers and sisters who were waiting for this topic will forgive me for being lazy and not being respectful (almost 2 months late) I was dealing with college, family and other social issues alhamdulilah smile.gif Thanks for understanding.

Thanks brother Muraad for bringing this back to our attention May Alah reward you -Ameen. Cool article btw.

Mujahid over and out !

Baashi   

Muraad, Thanks for posting that article. Jazakallah bro. 'Waa waxaan lagu waari doonin' alla run iyo xikmad badanaa dadkii hore.