Sign in to follow this  
Oromia

The Tigree Declares War on Somalia

Buur Cad   

Originally posted by Oromia:

"Somali_Friend" and Xaabashi,

Let us resolve our problem on the ground. Either you will win or we will. So far you are killing us. But, God Willing, the tide will change. Then as promissed we will cut off your johnson from your baby to your old men. You are like cancer in the horn of africa. When the time comes the remainig of you will go to your relatives the Jews or to the West. Until then I have vowed not to speak to get into dialogue with you.

Oromia, don't cry and please wipe your nose.

Independent Oromia will be faxed to you in Mineapolis. Since you don't know how to fight.

I usually don't talk to people like you. I just slap you as soon as you open your big mouth. I can't stand fools.

Buur Cad   

Originally posted by Lieutenant Xalane:

Xabash,somalia is not gonna be like the trenches of Eritrea whereby ur Tigre Generals adopted the ''Human wave'' tactics,and even so,they horribly suffered totalizing almost a whole brigade with out first capturing anything.Somalia is not that strong,but it will wc the invasion and adopt an insurgency case for ur troops.Thats when military might whithers.So we wait,and we'll see.Ur Generals are not fools,they understand whats at stake,and they will avoid an invasion as best as they can,even though they will heavily be depending on their Airforce,where they have Total air superiority.So talk,talk, for talk is cheap,and with out weighing matters,conclude that everything is like a mere punch.No sir it ain't so,but as said,we'll wait and see.

Lieutenant who said we are going to do all that. What do you think we are?

What we are going to do is to land about 5000 of our para-commandos around Afgooye. Then we will fight our way into Mukdisho, control the airport and the port. Then you will see what we are going to do.

Meanwhile, our specially trained forces supported with helicopter gunships will chase and capture Sheik Aweys and Sheik Indcaade and Sheik Turki alive. They will be tried by the International Terrorism Court.

Let it be known to friends and foes, whatever we capture will not be returned. So, shoot at us at your own peril.

Lieutenant Xalane,

I don't think its necessary to speak in terms of somalia ethiopia war. The little that I know, these two countries have never gone to war on their own timing and plan. There is always an outside hand telling either one to go in now, right now and they go without complete mapping of their movements.

At the moment, I agree with you that ethiopia is doing everything it can to avoid war, unless the Mogadishu groups choose to make it their only ticket to survive. Currently they are stuck in quick sand and are looking for a way out.

The TFG by simply outwaiting them has put them in a corner. The only exit they have is ethiopia and the TFG is denying them also that exit.

The only way the SSICU can garner support is on somali nationalism. The Jihad card will not work even against ethiopia that is viewed as christian country. If the Jihad card doesn't work in Harar and Jijiga don't expect it to work anywhere further, and over there its not working. There is no issue in ethiopia that shows the slightest, that the current ethiopian government is not respectful of Islam.

If war happens it will be North south or south east and south west in somalia. In that case ethiopia will only be part as much as the somali ethiopian would be part.

Addis Ababa today cannot and doesn't have the will or capacity to decide anything in regards to somalia thats contrary to somali ethiopian.

Thats why I said its unnecessary to make comparison between somalia and ethiopia using the old paradigims. Both countries have fundamentally changed. The forces are all different.

My wish of course is that all the states in somalia organize their home bases and have a good federal system that they can leave with. The ethiopian model seems to work. Mugadishu then can become like Addis Ababa. crying over past position, but competing against the baydoas and garowes that become power centers.

We told you there is no "Amxaar-Soomaali," so stop misleading. There never was, never will be. Soomaali is Soomaali and Axmaar/Tigreey is Amxaar/Tigreey.

Soomaali Galbeed is occupied and will soon be freed, as it was freed before only to be saved by Ruushka. This time there is no Soviet to babysit you.

And it is sad dad Soomaali ku dhex jiro Amxaaradaan iyo Oromadaan [qaarkood waaba Soomaali qowmiyade kale iska dhigaayo, ayaandaranaa] u cheer gareynaayo xataa qabsashada dalkooda shuqulkooda ahayn, iskaba dhaaf inay runta u sheegaan. Saan maa Soomaali u dambeysay? Gurigooda loogu yimaado hadana loo booteeyo, hadana foolxumadii ugu weyneed loo sacabtumo. Soomaali waa is dagaashaa ma'aha inaad shisheeye ka xigsatid, oo walaalkaa dhiigiisa u sacabtuntid, as though adiga inaad ka badbaadiseysid bari.

Qabyaalad heerkaas ee gaarsiisay dadka qaarkood. Walaahi wax la rumeysan karo ma'aha. Murugo iga dheh.

^^saaxiib Munaafaq meel walba waa joogaa, laakiin waxaan kuu sheegaa marwalba inaad ogaatid in guusha ay adiga ku raaceyso.

Walaahi waan kula dareensanahay waxaad ka hadleyso, oo ah foolxumo in qof Soomaali ah uu ku farxo walaalkiis in cadow shisheeye uu jabsho. Taas waxba ma nooga qaadi karaan hadeey malaayiin soomaali ah soo kaxeestaan, waxaana ka muhiimsan inaan isku kalsoonaano inta ay gabar gabarteed naga nooshahay.

Dagaalkaan waa kii aan ku midoobi laheyn, waana bilaabatay sheekada, ee aan dirno wixii lacag ah iyo wixii taageero ah, koley waa door inoo furan hadaa nahay qurba joogta Soomaaliyeed.

Nabadeey

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar,

First of all, calm down. There is no reason for you to get angry.

Ethiopian is a citizenship. Who ever is a citizen of ethiopia at this time is ethiopian.

In ethiopia there are ethnics or call them tribes, but its just peoples identifiable as different from each other some by anscestry, some by language and culture..etc.

The somali is one of them, The Afar, the Oromo, the Amara, the Tigray...etc are others.

There is nothing wrong in saying the Oromo ethiopian as opposed to the Oromo Kenyan. The same applies to the somali. There is a somali djibuti, there is a somali ethiopian and so on. I didn't create them today. Its normal to use prevailing names, as long as its clear to all that citizenship and ethnicity are seen as separate sets or subsets for this purpose. There is nothing wrong for a journalist concluding his reporting by saying Salihadin Ahmed, reporting from Jijiga, Ethiopia for Al-Jezeera.

'Somali friend'

I greet you with

Inatin bida :D

Next continue hallucinating and once the drug gets out of your blood system

It would be too late.

Weyne! Weyne !

wouldn help you trust me.

secondly just wait for the game to start.

You will regret why your kins left Makele.

^^^LoooL Mareekan isku haleenaa. After Iraq Fiasco, I don't know one could depend on them. But I guess the Amhara/Tigray have always depended on outsiders in time of crises from Ahmed Gureey timess to 1977.

Wiilo   

The Ethiopian dictator drags the country into a regional war.

Ethiopian Review

Nov 24, 2006

We Ethiopians are proud of our rich culture, long history, 3,000-year civilization, and keeping the country free of colonialists. Ethiopia is also known for not violating the territories of other countries. When Somalia had invaded Ethiopia more than twice in the past, both the Atse Haileselassie and Derg governments chased them out, but refrained from following the retreating invaders deep into the Somali territory. One time, a frustrated field commander had ignored Haileselassie's orders and followed Somali forces into the hinterland. He was severely reprimanded for it.

Under the Meles dictatorship, this long-held principle has been put aside. An Ethiopian regime for the first time in Ethiopian history has invaded another country--Somalia.

There is no valid reason for the arrogant dictator to pick a fight with the Somali Islamic Courts Union (ICU). The only reason that comes to mind is to divert national and international attention from his regime that is falling apart by the day.

Dictators thrive on conflicts and wars. In fact, they depend on ongoing wars to remain in power. With his military in turmoil, the economy in shambles, and rebel groups springing up through out the country, Meles seems to think that he can divert attention away from him and on to the ICU by accusing them of being Islamic terrorists and having affiliations with Al Qaeda.

Some of the recent actions the ICU took, such as shutting down private radio stations, shooting at protestors, and banning chat (khat) is indeed worrisome. (By the way, Khat is banned in the U.S., too). But is the ICU worse than the TPLF regime in suppressing freedom? What makes Meles more acceptable to the international community than the ICU?

Meles has rounded up ALL independent journalists in the country and threw them in jail. He has gunned down, strangled and beat to death unarmed protestors, as reported by the Inquiry Commission that was created by his own rubber-stump parliament. Every legitimate human rights organization in the world has condemned Meles as a brutal dictator and described his actions as state-sponsored terrorism. The European Parliament and the U.S. Congress have also condemned the brutal repression in Ethiopia.

On the other hand, what did the ICU do to Ethiopia? They didn't occupy Ethiopia. They didn't create concentration camps and detained tens of thousands of Ethiopians. They didn't loot the country's treasury. They have not done any thing other than trying to bring order back to Somalia's state of anarchy.

For Ethiopians there is no worse terrorist than Meles. He has been certified by the parliament-appointed independent commission as a mass murderer. In the past 15 years, he and his ruling family made Ethiopia a living hell for millions of her people. Now, he is leading the country into an adventurous war, in the process sacrificing the lives of thousands of young Ethiopians and spending millions of dollars that the country desperately needs for social services.

The world, and particularly the people of Somalia, need to know that this war Meles has started is a war between his Tigrean People Liberation Front (TPLF) and the Somali Islamic Courts of Union (ICU). It is a war of convenient intended by the Meles dictatorship to prolong its grip on power. It has nothing to do with protecting Ethiopia's national security.

It is terribly important for opposition parties, civic groups, religious leaders, and every Ethiopian to communicate this message to the ICU and to the world as soon and as clearly as possible in order to minimize the long-term damage this adventurous war could cause to our country.

http://www.ethrev.com/2006/nov/11242006_meles_drags_ethiopia_into_war.html

Wiilo   

The war with Somali Islamists is TPLF's own making:

Isn't Meles the one who was operating from Mogadishu at the time when Siad Barre was fighiting us for his greater Somalia dreams?

Nebiyou from ER Forum

Nov 24, 2006

Just three days ago, the US said it would push for lifting the UN arms embargo and deployment of 'peace keepers' in Somalia. The EU rejected the proposal on the ground that it will open the door for a new regionwide conflict.

Two days later, Meles says he has comlpeted preparations and is ready for war. I don't think this is a coincidence. Meles acted instantly upon the order he was eagerly waiting for. I don't think I have to tell why he badly needs the war, as everone knows it. A possible new reason, I suppose is, the recent Inquiry Commission Report, because of which his standing in the face of his masters is at an all time low. The Somalia war is an opportunity to divert the attention of the Ethiopian people and the International Community.

No doubt, we cannot sympathize with the UIC for equally obvious reasons. However, the threat of their success is not as big as Meles is working hard to convince us. Isn't he the one who was operating from Mogadishu at the time when Siad Barre was fighiting us for his greater Somalia dreams? Of all the people on this planet, Meles should have been the last to pick this line of argument to cry in the name of Ethiopian nationalism. By the way, this is the kind of argument that amuses me when I hear from Meles!

On the greater Somalia issue, if the threat is indeed serious, why don't Kenya and Djibouti beat the war drum like Meles? Where are they standing now? Have we ever heard anything similar even from Somaliland?

Other than that, the rhetoric of greater Somalia is not equally entertained by all groups of the UIC, something that will not materialize, as Ethiopia is not the only party to be concerned with. One more thing: who said the ****** people will consent to this idea? We should be careful not to mix up the fight for self determination of the ONLF and the question of the ******i people with Sheikh Awey's rhetoric.

As it is now, the war is TPLF's own making to win external financing to lubricate its repression machinery, cover up the massacre it committed, keep the leaders and political prisoners in its notorious cells, drag the mockery trial indefinitely, and finally, justify more repression using this war as a pretext. Therefore, I can hardly find any reason why Ethiopians should die in this war.

Wiilo   

Ujeedadiisu waa inuu iska leexiyaa tooshka ay caalamku to hayaan his regime, asigoo ku marmarsiiyoohaaya in uu la dagaalamayo UIC-ka. Tanina uma suurtagasheeyn haddii aysan aheyn dowlad isku sheega fadhida Baydhabo. Balse waxaa hubaal ah haddii Regime-ka fadhiya Addis Ababa uu dagaal ku soo qaado Soomaaliya uusan joosan doonin ilaa Mele's regime la cidhibtiro..

Go figure:.........

Originally posted by Xaabashi:

Lieutenant who said we are going to do all that. What do you think we are?

What we are going to do is to land about 5000 of our para-commandos around Afgooye. Then we will fight our way into Mukdisho, control the airport and the port. Then you will see what we are going to do.

Meanwhile, our specially trained forces supported with helicopter gunships will chase and capture Sheik Aweys and Sheik Indcaade and Sheik Turki alive. They will be tried by the International Terrorism Court.

Let it be known to friends and foes, whatever we capture will not be returned. So, shoot at us at your own peril. [/QB]

Wrong again,but maybe the source of ur mistake is making the clan courts to represent Somalia.My previous post,only deals with an Ethiopian-Somalian war and therefore,u shouldn't entertain ur mind with the thought that the clan courts do represent Somalia,thats when u are talking about Ethiopia invading Somalia.

Ur country will not gain anything by an invasion,and i don't think the TFG or the federal government we have now, will permitt ur government to invade Somalia so as to deal with the Clan court's threat.The TFG considers the clan courts as an internal threat,true,and should Ethiopia invade somalia,it will only happen if the Ethiopian forces come as peace keepers together with the other foreign troops that our President has already asked for.Another way of Ethiopia's military involvement can be to provide Arms to the TFG or give them air cover while they execute the threat.

^^^Xalane is right, there will be no invasion, but support to counter any foreign elements the Clan Court have in their rank. The main job will be done by the national troops and not by Tigre or anyone else.

RedSea   

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^No need to act all big on cyber space son.

The Adis regime declared war on the Clan Courts after they ,ade their famous Clan Jihad decleration. The taste is in the pudding.

How pathetic are you to only see the comments made by Sir Oromia.Don't you see these other sick human beings of so called Xabashi and others.It' snot suprising though,because the Xabashis support your uncle,only pathetic loser would come in defense of such individuals like Xabashi.