Sign in to follow this  
Bokero

A proposal to the END this Madness

Bokero   

A proposal to the END this Madness

Every Somali needs to ask themselves is PEACE more important than their own parochial and sectarian interest?

If the answer is yes I suggest the following

1) All those who have been involved in politics of Somalia since independence to date are bared from power. As result no group feels that their tortures are rewarded. Surely harmony and trust in more important than an individuals

2) International Criminal court is invited to investigate crimes that have been committed since the 1991 conflict. This court is independent and no Somali group should feel targeted…

3) Ethiopian troops to be withdrawn and replaced by UN peacekeepers and election held by 2011…Foreign fighter be asked to leave also

4) A Diaspora interim government be formed, consisting of a balanced team. The head of state in this interim period ought to be someone all the Somalis respect and admire, with no political ambition… My suggestion would be someone like Hadarawi…or someone with similar clout

5) An international administered referendum beheld in Somaliland on the future status of that region. This means both the pro-and anti independence groups get ample time to put their case to the population of that region. The results of the referendum must be respected by all.

6) The first task of the interim regime is to commission a team of eminent people to find solution to land issues in Mogadishu with aim of ensuring the rightful owners are either given back their properties or compensated.

7) The interim regime should also deal urgently with the despicable state of internally displace people…

8) All contract signed by the TFG with foreign companies on the OIL or fishing front be annulled and reviewed;

9) Finally nature of governance in Somali should be put into a referendum to the people rather than be decided by the predatory elites… whether we adopt a centralised or federal system should a choice made by the people…

I believe with this set of actions Somalia may at last be able to be part of the civilised world again…off course there issues I may have overlook I will welcome any additional thoughts…

I urge all those who love their country and people to put the need to the our beloved nation ahead of parochial interest… My suggestion is therefore to work together in this forum and come up with a solid set of ideas and advocate for its application…

Abtigiis   

Number 5 is wrong. The issue of refrendum should come to the table once a credible governmnet in Southern Somalia fails to address the matter through negotiations and Inter-Somali accomodation of the issue is seen as no more viable.

Prematurely taking the issue to International level is legally wrong and could lead to further destablisation.

The rest are good moral appeals and normative frameworks.

Bokero   

Abti

I would just say we have proven beyond responsible doubt we can’t manage our own affairs... That is why i am suggesting international intervention...

There is a precedent for this... In Ghana just after independence the Ewe situation in the east of country was solved through an international managed referendum..

NGONGE   

Though your heart is in the right place, I'll respectfully have to say the list you wrote above is nothing but stuff and nonsense.

Abtigiis   

The existence of a precedence doesn't justify the replication of modalities that worked in certain situations and countries. I am not implying the Ewe situation is entirely different than that of Somaliland, but I reckon you will agree with me there are marked differences in the context, histrory and the causal issues.

The other minor misplacemnt in your argument is that if your assertion about " the failure by Somali's to manage their own affairs" is correct [i am not saying it isn't] then, perhaps the call for international fix of the matter should have encompassed the whole Somalia as well. Why single out the thorny issue of Somaliland alone; when it is quite evident that perhaps it is the only Somali issue that international meddling would mess up beyond repair. It is so because it will raise expectations and would give impetues to the asendency of one side of the competing visions.

But, your other points are highly remarkable.

NGONGE

I will like to disassociate myself from your primitive remarks. Whatever points you have,you should spell out. Uttering "stuff and nonesense" will not give answeres to the person you are repsonding to, nor to the wider reader. It is intended to downplay the thoughts of others, while at the same time signalling at possessing a more grandoise ideas. Which, by virtue of incumbency, gullible SOL'ers will assume to be there!

It is a habit or sort, and I know you won't stop it anytime soon, but please know it is unbecoming of someone of your stature. You sound like classical "mutacalimiin" who would despise whatever the "common man" suggests. In this case, I am afraid you are in the wrong forum.

Bokero   

Abti

As you can see from my proposal international intervention is not limited to SL issue alone... UN peacekeepers are needed to secure the interim regime...

I agree the SL issue should be discussed between Somalis but once the referendum issue comes up i would call for international intervention.. to ensure free vote and campaigning... But again my ideology is what works... if your methodology works and creates an environment for co-existence and progress on this issue then you can count on my support.

As for NGONGE once you recover from mental malnourishment, I look forward to your constructive contribution…

NGONGE   

^^ I thought I was being very polite when I dismissed the nonsense above, saaxib. Give me something reasonable and I may give you a sensible reply. But when you talk about all the politicians voluntarily stepping away from it all and giving it to Hadrawi! You leave me with no choice but to sneer and scoff at your foolishness.

ps

It's nothing to do with being 'mutacalim' or anything else. Even a child would scoff at the rubbish above. READ it again.

Don't be too earnest, darlings.

Abtigiis   

NGONGE

That you don't like it won't make Bokero's comments rubbish. Anyway, where do you learn your 'civics' lessons? And on Hadrawi, he was giving an example, if I understood correct. The rest of his suggesstions may not be comprehensive, but are far from reprehensible.

NGONGE   

^^ :D

Reprehensible does not come into it, saaxib (nor do I think the word even applies here).

I truly admire the way you sprang to his defence but you are defending NONESENSE.

You and the guy above you are both old enough to know better than encourage him along this dreamy path.

1) All those who have been involved in politics of Somalia since independence to date are bared from power. As result no group feels that their tortures are rewarded. Surely harmony and trust in more important than an individuals

2) International Criminal court is invited to investigate crimes that have been committed since the 1991 conflict. This court is independent and no Somali group should feel targeted…

3) Ethiopian troops to be withdrawn and replaced by UN peacekeepers and election held by 2011…Foreign fighter be asked to leave also

4) A Diaspora interim government be formed, consisting of a balanced team. The head of state in this interim period ought to be someone all the Somalis respect and admire, with no political ambition… My suggestion would be someone like Hadarawi…or someone with similar clout

5) An international administered referendum beheld in Somaliland on the future status of that region. This means both the pro-and anti independence groups get ample time to put their case to the population of that region. The results of the referendum must be respected by all.

6) The first task of the interim regime is to commission a team of eminent people to find solution to land issues in Mogadishu with aim of ensuring the rightful owners are either given back their properties or compensated.

7) The interim regime should also deal urgently with the despicable state of internally displace people…

8) All contract signed by the TFG with foreign companies on the OIL or fishing front be annulled and reviewed;

9) Finally nature of governance in Somali should be put into a referendum to the people rather than be decided by the predatory elites… whether we adopt a centralised or federal system should a choice made by the people…

I don't think it is nonsense ,,,,, I think it is MADNESS itself.

Just like this:

When%20Your%20SysAdmin%20Is%20Bored.jpg

Abtigiis   

For ardent seccessionst like you and a hater too, everything sane to Somalia is your madness! seen from that perspective, I agree with you: It is madness.