Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

U.S. Institute of Peace on Situation in Somalia (CSPAN)

Paragon   

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

Isseh there had to be a reason behind your post eh. It is a shame sisters cannot voice their opinion and stand up in public for issues they care about without people personalizing things and bringing her status into it
icon_razz.gif
*ducks*
:D

So what is your status, Ibti? :D Update me, will ya? :D

Ibtisam   

^^^Lool, Shid I walked into that one!. You missed the wedding dear. I was planning to send you and few others some barris, but forgot with all the excitement...! :D

@ Koor, this sheeko was addressed to Isseh, paranoia qaad waalalo!

Paragon   

^^So that's your way of telling me not to call you any time soon while in your honeymoon, eh? :D

So when are you getting divorced so that I can try bugging you again? I like annoying you, Ibti. You cute when annoyed ;) .

Ibtisam   

^^^lool, yes please no crazy mid nyt calls!! icon_razz.gif We agreed that he is not allowed to divorce me for a while, haad waax laa taagyanah "This love is unbreakable"...so I have a bit of time still By then I will be wrinkly and grey hair, I doubt I will be looking cute, annoyed or not! ... But hey, whatever turns your pages, I'm glad to know I'll have a fan even then! ;)

Chimera   

Originally posted by Xudeedi:

Equally important Also is the brother's remarks on the study done by the San Jose State University for the World Bank on Somalia's economy which was much better than 13 African countries including Ethiopia and Rwanda.

Do you have a link for this study i can't sit through 1 hr of red herrings

Edit: found it

Xoogsade   

Originally posted by Dabshid:

The Ahmedou Ould-Abdallah seems to ignorant for Somalis' issues, if only somalis problems were easy as he assumes, btw, He keeps repeating SOmalilanders told me this, that,how st%pid!

Issa, go and get that girl mate.

But he is sincere man who wants to see Somalia's problems be solved. His campaign to draw attention to our plight and political issues will serve us better.

May be you should look up his e-mail and send him 101 somali disputes :D

Someone should tell him Somaliland authorities lied to him when they informed him about border demarcations. Been bay ku dhureen odaga.

Som@li   

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

quote:Originally posted by Dabshid:

The Ahmedou Ould-Abdallah seems to ignorant for Somalis' issues, if only somalis problems were easy as he assumes, btw, He keeps repeating SOmalilanders told me this, that,how st%pid!

Issa, go and get that girl mate.

But he is sincere man who wants to see Somalia's problems be solved. His campaign to draw attention to our plight and political issues will serve us better.

May be you should look up his e-mail and send him 101 somali disputes

Someone should tell him Somaliland authorities lied to him when they informed him about border demarcations. Been bay ku dhureen odaga.
Somali disputes 101 indeed, I expected more from him, from a guy appointed for this post.

Odayga SL sheeka wareeriso ah bay ku dhureen, waxaas in lala soo shir tago maaha!

There is no doubt every somali political leader tries to tell different (baised) story to the world, Some get confused, but some see the truth.

Also from the interview, you can see that Ahmedou Ould-Abdallah is influenced some way by the TFG leaders :D

UN Envoy clashes with the Somali Diaspora Network

By AbdiRazak Hashi Nuure

April 6. 2008

The UN Special Envoy to Somalia, Ahmedou Ould-Abdallah, argued repeatedly with some members of the Somali Diaspora Network in a discussion meeting on Somalia, arranged by the US Institute of Peace, in Washington, D.C. This wrangle, which none of the two sides approached its objectives, centered the reason behind the current Ethiopian occupation in Somalia and the best way to deal with it and to end its ongoing brutality.

The UN envoy, who was alternately questioned about the Ethiopian presence in Somalia, insisted that “if the Somali people were united under one form of government, there wouldn’t be a room for the invader”, the Ethiopian regime. The members of the Somali Diaspora Network, who were aggressively discussing with this veteran diplomat on this very complicated issue, were then hobbled down the discussion hall by this legitimate point of view.

There is no doubt that Ambassador Ould-Abdallah pinpointed vigorously one of the main causes of the Somali agonies—the everlasting division among the Somali people, here in the Diaspora and in Somalia, which undermined many efforts to stabilize the country. However, it is also undeniable that the long-standing Ethiopian interference in Somalia and the indifference of the Security Council about the gradually worsening situation over the past seventeen years had led Somalia to destruction, genocide, and the rule of the warlords.

Somalia, which is a member of the United Nation body, was, in fact, disowned in a very miserable way and forgotten in an abyss of a dark well by both its people and the International Community. Somali people were punished collectively, perhaps, for an act which a handful of its citizens engaged in the early of 1990s; that was the killing and then humiliating the UN/US peace keeping forces in Mogadishu, and subsequently, the UN mission in Somalia vanished in to thin air.

The Security Council’s continues obstinate refusal for sending peace keeping forces—again—to Somalia has itself fuelled resentment among the Somali people and prevented any successful resolution to the crisis. This negligence of the Security Council, I believe, is a pure guesswork based on the assumption that Somali peacemaking process should come from first the unwanted political reconciliation between the warring factions in the country.

According to the Reuters, back in June, 2007, the British ambassador to the UN, Jones Pary, told the reporters that the International Community supports the Somali government, but expects political progress before considering sending troops to Somalia. Contrarily, the French foreign minister, Bernrd Kouchnes told the AFP, a month later, after having a meeting with Ali Ghedi, the ousted Somali prime minister, that the UN should urgently send a peace force to Somalia, where he suggested such a deployment would be even easier than Sudan’s Darfur region.

As this contradictory gesture politics from two veteran permanent members of the United Nation Security Council was for show, the Human Right Watch group was calling on the council to protect Somali civilians from the indiscriminate shelling by the Ethiopian military machine in the heavily residential areas of Mogadishu. But, as usual, the Security Council adapted another resolution for Somalia in which the council, instead of addressing the real issue on the ground and the calls for the civilian protection, urged the TFG and other parties in Somalia “to respect the conclusion of the National Reconciliation Congress” in Mogadishu; a completely fabricated conference—intended for both political agenda and habituated panhandling—led by the most prominent Somali warlord and one of the founding individuals of the Somalia’s endless destruction, Ali Mahdi Mohamed.

It has been a common policy, however, for some of the main permanent members of the UN Security Council to show favoritism towards the viewpoint of Addis regime. This regime confidentially labels Somalia as a real battle ground for terrorism. This kind of policy, unfortunately, enabled the Ethiopian regime to conduct human rights abuses in the region and to execute its hidden agenda against Somali people in ****** (Somali Region in Ethiopia) and in the Republic of Somalia.

Finally, speaking with VOA in December last year, Tom Porteous of the Human Rights Watch, described the situation in Somalia and in the Somali region in Ethiopia in the following paragraph:

“For one thing, the crisis has been taking place without anyone even sort of acknowledging the grave violations that are associated with the crisis. And I think that to start with the members of the Security Council should really take note and make it clear that they understand what’s going on and condemn all sides for the human rights abuses that are fueling the crisis in Somalia and in the ****** region,” he says.

By AbdiRazak H. Nuure

-------------------

Somalis are ruthless indeed. Qaylo iyo sawaxan kama dhamaadaan. :D

I believe Ould-Abdallah is a sincere fella who wishes peace and stability for that failed nation. He is in a tough position.