Sign in to follow this  
baalcade

RALLY FOR SOMALI UNITY

baalcade   

RALLY FOR SOMALI UNITY

PRESS RELEASE

January 10, 2008, Washington, D.C.

The coalition for United Somalia (CUS), consisting of over several Somali and Somali-American organizations will be holding peaceful demonstrations to rally Somali communities everywhere to stand up for the unity and territorial integrity of the Republic of Somaliaand oppose the harebrained, secession scheme being advocated by political hacks " Somaliland".

Two demonstrations will take place on Monday January 14, 2008. The first demonstration will be held at the United States Department of State(State Department)and will commence at 11:00AM. The second demonstration will take place at the United States Capitol (Capitol Hill) and will commence at 2:30PM.

The purpose of these demonstrationsare many fold:

* to warn the Riyale Regime in Hargeisa that Somali unity is sacrosanct

* to inform the US government, NGOs and the American public at large that the scheme, to dismember Somalia in order to advance clan hegemony in the north, is a dangerous proposition that will ignite a fresh civil war in the relatively peaceful Northwest and Northeast regions of Somalia, and

* to demonstrate that national unity and peace is better than war and instability.

Click here for more info.

Me ...........what kinda question is that ?

Did coalition for United Somalia came out againts the EThopian ? did you see thier flyers? nop that is why its useless.

Somalia continues to bleed and this what somalis have to show for it? Watch only reer puntland show up to this demo..while reer Mogadisho is plotting a protest in Washington to kick out occupiers in Somalia.

Originally posted by me:

^Why?

Because:

1- Riyaale is not here in America for recognition.

2- By protesting against something that does not hold water in the regional venues let alone international ones, these protesters will indeed highlight separatist issue and give it the propaganda it so desperately needs.

3- Riyaale and his team are seeking some funds for that region’s development, and I believe its good thing and you should not protest against it. For this region is part of your country and its development is your development.

me   

I am sorry to say...but the three posters above are venting hot air.

1. How do you know that the same people demonstrating against the dismemberment of Somalia, haven't protested against teh ethiopian occupation?

2. Is the occupation of Southern Somalia worse then dismembering Somalia?

3. Isn't it in Ethiopia's interest to dismember Somalia? and with their 'new reality' BS, aren't they trying to legalize teh dismemberment of Somalia.

The misplaced priorities is on you guys, stop comparing apples and pears and say pear when you see pear and apple when you see apple.

me   

Xiin,

I understand what you mean, but those people have the right to express themself, if every lo'leey is protesting against precieved injustice, why can't they come out for their political interests.