Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Somaliland: Electoral Commission Say Results Within a Week

Hargeysa(Waaheen)Toddobada xubnood ee Komishanka oo goor dhaweyd Hargeysa ku qabtay Shir jaraa’id ayaa sheegay inay dhamaan qalabkii iyo shaqaalihii Doorashada ay ka anbabaxeen xaruntooda oo ay ku sii jeedaan goobihii loogu talagalay oo la sugayo oo kaliya inay dadku u dareeraan codaynta

Komishanka Doorashooyinku waxay baaq hambalyo ah u direen shacbiweynaha Somaaliland iyo Axsaabta Siaayasada oo ay uga mahad naqeen sidii fiicnayd ee ay u galeen Ololihii Doorashada waxaanay ka codsadeen in si nabadgelyo ah ugu dareeraan goobaha codaynta oo ay xil iska saaraan sidii loo ilaalin lahaa amaanka iyagoo tilmaamay inay jiraan warar sheegaya in weerar lagu yahay dadweynaha reer Somaliland maalinta Doorashada

Guudida Doorashooyinku waxay ka cudur daarteen wixii qaladaad ahaa ee ka dhacay mudadii ay xilka soo hayeen waxaanay balan qaadeen oo ay ku celiyeen inay si daacad ah ugu garsoori doonaan musharixiinta isla markaana ay guusha siin doonaan cida sida rasmiga ah u hesha kalsoonida shacabka

Waxay ka digeen in lagu kaco wax aliyaala wixii wiiqi kara midnimada iyo wadajirka shacka Somaliland ku caana-maaleen ee ah nabadgelyada iyo inay carqaladeeyaan Doorashada iyagoo farta ku fiiqay inay xisbiyadu ku kacaan inay ka hordhacaan natiijada, isla markaana waxay saxaafadda ka codsadeen inay qorin ama baahin warar ku saabsan natiijada Doorashada ilaa inta laga healyo Go’aanka ku meel gaadhaka ah ee Gudiida Doorashooyinka

Guddida Doorashooyinku waxay digniin u direen dadka aan reer Somaliland ahayn ee dalka ku sugan kuwaasoo ay ka codsadeen inaanay tagin goobaha lagu codaynayo

Ugu danbayntii waxay cod midaysan xukuumada, shacabka Somaliland iyo hawlwadeenada Doorashadaba ka codsadeen inay xil gaar ah iska saaraan ilaalinta iyo daryeelida agabka Doorashada

nuune   

ee electionkiiba wali ma dhicin maxaa la iskugu mashquulin result aan wali la gaarin whether within one week or within hours.

NGONGE   

^^ I can just picture Jacaylbaro leaning against a wall a few yards away from the offices of "Komishanka" and whistling at any one that comes out:

"warya..eeen sigaar ma haysa? Oo maxaad o cabi wayday, nin ween baad tahay? Haye, Komishanka ka waran, Riyaale ma la badalaya? Yaa? O maxad o garan wayday, so meesha ka maad bixin? Xamaal baad tahay aa? Arr orodo naga tag"

Weef..weeef "warya..eeen..ma halkanaad ka so baxday?..."...

Ibtisam   

^^^ :D:D:D Looool @ Xamaal baad tahay aa? Hahaha lol. Why don't you smoke, you are a big MAN!!! Sounds JUST like something JB would say! Lool

Ayoud, galbta press releaseku yuu ku daafin. :D

what i can't understand is why there is always a very slim margin of victory for the winning party.

how can so many people vote for Udub despite their current record.

Udub has jeopardised the peace at times and left with a woeful track record in government. Cawil and the likes should be put on trial for embesslement of state funds. I saw with my own eyes his bribing of Gurti elders at my hotel 2 years ago.

he even had the nerve to ask me for a tea as i walked past his table. to which i replied firmly; I DO NOT WORK HERE. trying desperately to keep in my hate for the man in check. :mad:

Arrogant, corrupt and kleptocratic, just a few of the words i have to describe Udub and its upper echelons.

Today we may be practising democracy but the truth is its a thinly veiled tribal system thats still at play. Who knows maybe with enough investment in education we may transisition away from the primitive tribal stuff.

Inshallah the next 5 years bring a peace loving, productive and more equitable form of government for the people.

I went to Somaliland two years ago for the first time full of hope and promise and enthusiasm. I came back dejected and thoroughly crushed by the things I had seen, especially in the electoral commission where I had been working.

A small example that once extrapolated paints a not so nice image of our society.

First day at the commission I was given my own office and keys and introduced to security people by one of the commissioners. He goes off on a trip and leaves me to carry out my research. I then meet head of security who decides I don’t deserve my privileges and proceeds to confiscate my keys. He relegated me to a smaller office to share with the administrative staff of the commission. I did not complain, and then he proceeded to take away my parking privileges, I was no longer allowed to park inside the compound. This guy was making life difficult for me, and I decided to put it behind me and get on with my work.

Two weeks later I was having dinner at a prominent Hargeisa residents house with my father and guess who’s at the table. The man who had made my life hell at the commission for the last 2 weeks. He embraces my father in hugs and looks over towards me and I give him an acknowledging nod to ease the tension. Who is this young man he asks my dad. To which dad replies he’s my youngest born and explains what I’m doing in Hargeisa.

To cut a long story short the man and I turned out to be from the same tribe and even sub tribe i think, he apologised and gave me back my privileges. He said if I had told him who I was (my full name) he wouldn’t have treated me the way he did.

You see it is this tribal virus hardwired into the blood of our people that most worries me. It’s a cancer at the heart of our people.

On a brighter note I found young people my age are less inclined to be tribal and as a result I made many long lasting friendships all over town. So the future can’t be all bad. But we face monumental challenges.

Ibtisam   

^^^What did he think you was??? Caadan daaqan ceeliis.

I think it is in the Somali blood to a certain extent, BUT I think it will become less and less important in years to come. Staying within your clan and other friendly clans has benefited the Somali way of life in the nomadic years, but It is not so useful in the cities where people tent to make friends and associates based on the sector/work they are in and people inter-mix more.

I think the elders and the clan Gurrit currently plays a GOOD and important role in a new and shaky democracy, taking it away will bring the house dow. In time the elders will pass on and people who do not need clan to make their butter will take roles. Inshallah.

I hear the Margin is HUGE this time, the people have spoken.

LOL Caadan daaqan ceeliss, i think he though i was from a minority tribe or something.

One can only hope. The country has such potential for a relatively small population of 2.5 million. I went to almost every major town and city and i can almost guarantee you that the population of Somaliland is nowhere near the projected 3.5 million.

its so small infact that most people i met in hargeisa knew about my detention by the presidential guards for 24hrs the moment i was released. But thats a topic for another day. LOL. :D

Haregisa i would estimate maxium 600,000 to 650,000.

first question reer hargeisa usually ask is what neighbourhhod are you from, code for what tribe are you. Why dont you just come out and ask me directly :mad:

STOIC   

Archdemos,

Society ignorance at best by our people.Just imagine minorities people going through what you went through.No one is there to speak up for them.Tribalism is the Somali mosaic; you have to stand back to see the pattern in all the little pieces of tile.Though I have no problem of using my clan as an identity, but I think when it leads to nepotism I think we have a problem..This is why I don't have hundred percent faith in Somaliland itself, but for now I have to support them as long as I see little kids going to school and no one shooting at each other..Its going to take long time before we see any remote changes...I hope the younger generation gets a world class education and fight for individual rights...

Hales   

One can only hope. The country has such potential for a relatively small population of 2.5 million. I went to almost every major town and city and i can almost guarantee you that the population of Somaliland is nowhere near the projected 3.5 million.

its so small infact that most people i met in hargeisa knew about my detention by the presidential guards for 24hrs the moment i was released. But thats a topic for another day. LOL. [big Grin]

Haregisa i would estimate maxium 600,000 to 650,000.

Firstly both Sanaaq and Sool have around a combined population of 500,000 with Sool i think is 300,000 whereas Sanaaq is 200,000.

The population of Awdal region is around 400,000-500,000

So 3 regions combined number at 900,000 - 1,000,000

So the places you have been to is are the more central regions of Somaliland one where more of the authority is concentrated such as the Waqooyi Galbeed regions and Togdheer regions which number at around 2.5 Million.

Hargeysa (the former capital of British Somaliland), had an estimated 150,000 inhabitants. The population though may have increased ever since to around 250,000 or more.

2003 Estimate

The population of Somalia in 2003 was estimated by the United Nations at 9,890,000, which placed it as number 80 in population among the 193 nations of the world. In that year approximately 3% of the population was over 65 years of age, with another 44% of the population under 15 years of age. There were 98 males for every 100 females in the country in 2003. According to the UN, the annual population growth rate for 2000–2005 is 4.17%, with the projected population for the year 2015 at 15,263,000. The population density in 2002 was 12 per sq km (31 per sq mi). It was estimated by the Population Reference Bureau that 28% of the population lived in urban areas in 2001. The capital city, Mogadishu, had a population of 1,162,000 in that year. Hargeysa (the former capital of British Somaliland), had an estimated 150,000 inhabitants. Other cities included Chisimayu, Berbera, and Merca. Approximately 60% of the population is nomadic. According to the United Nations, the urban population growth rate for 2000–2005 was 5.2% Read more: Population - Somalia - growth, annual http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/Africa/Somalia-POPULATION.html#ixzz0sRCShPGO Hargeysa (the former capital of British Somaliland), had an estimated 150,000 inhabitants.