Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Cismaan Jaamac Cali (Kalluun)Presidential Candidate for Transitional Federal Governme

Nayrus

Your sentiments and beliefs would have merit and would be respected if this world isnt as it is today.

Somalis are clanists and with the breakdown of the fragile somali state, clan politics is the defining political culture.

You on the other hand are an idealistic , nationalist living in an imaginary fairytale land

with cute and cuddly bunnys and everybody with love,hugs and kisses.

Listen the rest of the Somali people consider us a small weak minority that seeks unwarrented status.

They ignore that fact that we had a third of parlaimentry seats in 1960, compare that to the

44 seats of the Phantom northern clan today.

They also conveniently forget the sacrifice of our

sovrienty on the altar of Greater Somalia.

You said that we Somalilanders should seek more power and influence in the south, but that we lack self confidence and ambition.

We are just taking the sane and moral option, independence.

Lets say that we reject independence but seek to gain our place in Somalia, this would entail behavoir similiar to the monstrous warlords that have destroyed somalia.

Staying in somalia means competing , politicaly, diplomaticaly and millitaraly with the rest of the political actors.

Since the SNM inherited most of the heavy weapons of the SNA that were abondoned in the north, and the discipline and organisation realtive to other militia, we would hold the biggest stick.

This ofcourse means death and destruction on a larger scale.

Fortunatley our elders and leaders took the wise and moral choice of isolation from the mud.

These are the choices

1.) Prosperous independant state, with a demobilised army and peacefull.

2.) Another Large player gate crashing into this

scramble for power in somalia, bringing along

millitary muscle and leading to more war and

destruction.

3.)be peacefull and be subjugated once again.

ironicaly option 2 would gain us more respect than bieng peacefull and rebiulding our society.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by AYOUB_SHEIKH:

^^Whats your HONEST opinion? :cool:

My honest opinion is for you to recognize that not all "Somalilanders" are the seccessionst fanatics they are portrayed to be.

Oda_Nobunaga:

Your sentiments and beliefs would have merit and would be respected if this world isnt as it is today.

Our destiny is in our hands. If you mean Somalia is the world, and with good intentions if the interests of the Somali children are in our heart, we can change it to a better place for every one.

Somalis are clanists and with the breakdown of the fragile somali state, clan politics is the defining political culture.

The pseudo politicians and the criminal warlords are creating this self-defeating culture of clan politics for their own interest. But the ordinary Somali people if given a good and unified leadership would prefer to live under one republic as they did before 1969.

You on the other hand are an idealistic , nationalist living in an imaginary fairytale land with cute and cuddly bunnys and everybody with love,hugs and kisses.

It is better to be that than being a dreamer destroyer of some indestructible values that bin together the Somali people.

Listen the rest of the Somali people consider us a small weak minority that seeks unwarrented status.

They ignore that fact that we had a third of parlaimentry seats in 1960, compare that to the 44 seats of the Phantom northern clan today.

They also conveniently forget the sacrifice of our sovrienty on the altar of Greater Somalia.

No, they are saying to us if you go to that way, we will be nothing and they will be nothing and we together will stay in this quagmire for years to come until Somalia North and South goes out of the world political radar completely.

You said that we Somalilanders should seek more power and influence in the south, but that we lack self confidence and ambition.

We are just taking the sane and moral option, independence.

Who is going to stop us? The right person must get the right position. Instead of putting ourselves in a foxhole and staying defensive, we should have been saying to them if you want us to recreate the Somali failed state the most qualified person should be hired for the government positions.

What independence? Were we under colonial occupiers before? I think to say we are not part of Somalia is insane and immoral.

Lets say that we reject independence but seek to gain our place in Somalia, this would entail behavoir similiar to the monstrous warlords that have destroyed somalia.

No, we are not simply giving ourselves up. We have to take part in writing up a federal constitution for Somalia in which a clear demarcation line separates the powers of the federal government from these of the provinces (regions). No monstrous warlord will be in a position to have dictatorial powers on our self governance.

Staying in somalia means competing , politicaly, diplomaticaly and millitaraly with the rest of the political actors.

What is wrong with that? If you are building a house you need the best engineer to build it after the best architect draws up the best plans.

Since the SNM inherited most of the heavy weapons of the SNA that were abondoned in the north, and the discipline and organisation realtive to other militia, we would hold the biggest stick.

If we use that power to unify Somalia by capturing all southern regions and bring them under our authority, I am with you and I will fight in the frontline. But what you think is easy way out i.e. secession is to me a BIG NO.

This ofcourse means death and destruction on a larger scale.

There will be death and destruction if we do not change our behavior.

Fortunatley our elders and leaders took the wise and moral choice of isolation from the mud.

But they missed to see the big picture and most of them retracted their commitment to secession.

These are the choices

1.) Prosperous independant state, with a demobilised army and peacefull.

We will not be prosperous without the rest of Somali with us. Where there is poverty there is no peace.

2.) Another Large player gate crashing into this

scramble for power in somalia, bringing along

millitary muscle and leading to more war and

destruction.

The medicine is a Federal Somali government.

3.)be peacefull and be subjugated once again.

Why don’t we subjugate them?

ironicaly option 2 would gain us more respect than bieng peacefull and rebiulding our society.

All Somalis are our society. Man, you have to become a federalist!!

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

AYOUB   

Hornfrique

You got to admit, some of the things in that Nayruus's post were a bit disturbing.

It's like reading a transcript of brother Baashi appearing on one of those American talk shows pretending to be a born-again Somaliweyn from the North. :D

" I was like that. I was not open-minded and because of emotions emanating from my close relatives and friends I used to block any arguments or rationalization..."

I see emotional abuse case in the pipeline smile.gif

"What is stopping me to become the elite"

Indeed what is it that's stopping you? :D

" I believe the average IQ of the Somalis from the North is little bit higher than that of the south, but the problem is lack of self confidence and tribal emotions. We can compete to take the leadership of the Somali people .."

This is not funny anymore, I don't like cons piracies especially by 'nationalist' who claim to be inspired by the Koran. icon11.gif

"As educated Somali do you have less manhood qualities?"

I think this when someone in the talk show stands up and says: don't even go there!

Nayrus

You are only regurgitating old ideas about society and economics.

Small is best when it comes to economic development, the larger the country the more challenging development is.

The same arguments were used against Eritrea saying that it is too small and needs Ethiopia to survive.

Somaliland 3.5 million people are more than enough to sustain it, remeber that we are already larger in size and population than many AU and UN member countries.

Yes the bond of Somalis is there in family ties, religion and culture, its not a valid argument for having a unified state.

Look at the Arab states, infact look at the Gulf states which are as close to each other as somalis are.

Look at the chinese, look at Taiwan.

What matters only is a vibrant economy and internal peace and cohesion.

Once you have this you also have a powerfull millitary force as a byproduct.

What matters more than size of area and population is the quality ofthe people.

Do you know that the Singapore defence forces can

credibaly take on the Malaysian and expect to win

in a full scale war.

Even when the odds are 4 million to 20 million.

The singapore navy is equal to its niegbours even when they have even greater mismatch in population.