Sign in to follow this  
codetalker

armed conflict in Sanaag

Thankful   

Just read this on Hiiraan, written by ANTHONY MITCHELL, Associated Press Writer.

I try and stay away from Somali sites for their obvious bias. Such a sad state taken place, the worst hit area in all of Somalia seems to be given the least amount of attention from it's people living in Diaspora; sure all of Somalia is hit by a drought, but there is one area that is hit the hardest. I'll pray that they will find stability and aid. If more focus was put on their well being and those living abroad who are associated with them mobilized and put their suffering first and stop concerning themselves with regions in Somalia i.e Puntland, Somaliland(which they have no association with),I believe people in these area's would definitely benefit immensely.

Reer Gedo living abroad are very disappointing.

The United Nations appealed Tuesday for nearly $327 million in aid to help starving people in southern Somalia, which is suffering its worst drought in a decade.

About 2.1 million people are coping with severe food shortages caused by prolonged drought, war, displacement, flooding and human rights abuses, said the U.N. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs.

"This current drought is unprecedented in 10 years, and the impact it is having on food, water, health, education and livelihoods is alarming," said Christian Balslev-Olesen, the world body's acting humanitarian coordinator for Somalia.

"With a rapidly deteriorating humanitarian situation, the humanitarian community needs to scale up its current response exponentially."

Somalia has not had an effective central government since opposition leaders ousted longtime dictator Mohamed Siad Barre in 1991. They then turned on each other, carving the nation into a patchwork of clan-based fiefdoms.

Since then, persistent local conflicts have eroded Somali livelihoods. Infant, child and maternal mortality rates are among the highest in the world. Medicines also are needed to prevent a measles outbreak and curb the spread of polio in the region, Balslev-Olesen said.

"This is a race against the clock to stem the tide of human misery," he said.

The drought has tipped the balance in the highly impoverished border areas where Somalia, Ethiopia, Djibouti and Kenya meet. Those areas include Gedo, Middle and Lower Juba, and parts of Bay and Bakool, the world body said.

The United Nations says more than 11.5 million people will require food assistance in the next six months. Somalia's Transitional Federal Government needs to do more to ensure security so aid organizations can operate effectively, Balslev-Olesen said.

The United Nations also said it needed $225 million to feed 3.5 million Kenyans over the next year, but it so far has received only about $75 million.

The European Commission on Tuesday donated about $6 million to help provide food aid to Kenya.

Xudeedi   

Codetalker

The gravity of this issue is not news to me. There have been pending negotiations between Sanaag administration and Puntland since last year regarding resource management, share agreements and most importantly a direct negotiation with the company itself, but nothing fruitful came out of it and Adde has been very reluctant to respect the owners. His main suspicion is that there are local politicians and experts who are working with the Soamliland administration on this issue but that is an outright excuse to attack the region through the mobilization of various segments. The only ad hoc administration that Sanaag has allied with and supported ever since is Pun land until warlord Adde made it open his belligerence onto Reer Sanaag.

Mediawise nothing can be hidden and normally there will be exaggerations in every news media . Nonetheless, I don't think that Sanaag Media would report false news, particularly news from their own regions.

Adde is definitely geared to controlling the areas containing the mineral resources with which Puntland has entered a unanimous agreement with RAnge Resources LTD to embark on explorations.

War is a last resort and our people would try anything to maintain peace and brotherhood.

Gabbal   

Maakhir-

I think this conflict is close to be resolved now that the situation is highlighted. Just this morning, Sanaag parliamentarians in the transitional federal parliament in Baidoa had this to say.

Xudeedi   

Thanks Horn Afrique, That is a clear sign of the gravity of the situation.

If Puntland media has ignored so far it would only increase their unreliability and one-sided news.

^

Walahi its cajiib to me, too. These "news" websites are politically-oriented to one side or another. Since TFG ministers are speaking out on this story, then it must be true and its an embarrassment for Cadde's admin as well as for majority of the Puntland websites.

This guy [Cadde] thinks he can rule PL by force, even though he came to power through peaceful means after his predecessor - and the more deserving - Maxamed Cabdi Xaashi stepped down.

Cadde's obsession with exploration has caused instability in Garowe before and is now the cause of open warfare in Sanaag. Soomaaliya cidna cid kale kama xoog badna. This dude will understand, sooner or later.

Press Conference of Sanaag MPs in pictures

Xudeedi   

Code, I wasn't surprised of the silence alone but the attempt to openly deny and falsify the incident and even the armed clash between the groups in conflict.

If Parliamentarians, including the defense minister, speak out of the seething state, then there is no time left for them to be silent.

My own interpretation is that it is one thing that they prefer keeping it under control in order to mislead others through inaccuracy or denial of its existence with an ulterior motive. It is another that reporting it would refuel the conflict thus exacerbating the clan tension over the invasion.

The Elders have already issued an ultimatum to pull their militia out of territories they illegally entered but it has been ignored so far.

^

Waad dhaarsantihiin markaan yaah. Ultimatum? LOL These niggas is denying the whole affair by holding a press conference, led by Cadde's new stooge since he got his ministerial position back, Mr. Axmed Xaabade. The timing of the Sanaag MPs' press conference couldn't have come at a better time. Exposes PL's conspiracy to silence the issue, even though they keep sending in more and more armed militias.

HORN -

What you mean by the issue is close to being "resolved"? I'm lost on that.

Gabbal   

^Sxb, my haunch is Cadde was banking on keeping this whole situation underlid. The whistle being blown just destroyed the whole element of surprise. Now that the case has been highlighted and even the representatives of that constituency in the federal government have spoken out about it, Cadde will most likely send back his militia and concede to Sanaag inhabitants in an attempt to appease the situation and call it a bluff.

Xudeedi   

I hope everything be solved immediately

shir_Sanaag.jpg

SANAAG:- Dood gabay

Posted to the Web Mar 21, 06:41

Walaalkaa da’a kaa weyni hadduu kibir ku doondoonto

Doqoniimo weeye hadduu dakhar ku gaadhsiiyo

Dibindaayaddiisana haddii uu kaaga dami maago

Cadkaad door u leedahay hadduu damacu gaardhsiiyo

War walaalo I daa haddii uu kaaga hari diido

Dagaal iyo waxaa lagu dayaa nabar dubaaqeede

Caro daashay baa maruun laga dibaaqaaye

Carmo kolkii ay dafeen waa doraad galabe

Doodba layma keenine waa layska soo degeye

Degmaaba haatan looga dhigay oo loo damashaadye

Dibintuun baan qaniine ninyohow caro daraadeede

Codetalker, lets go back to the topic is there an armed conflict in Sanaag actually some where near Bossaso?

Are there technicals invlved?

Dagaal qaraar oo u dhaxeeyo ciidamo ka amarqaato Cadde Muuse iyo Maleysiyo ka soo jeedo beesha Warsangali ayaa ka socoda meel 20 KM u jirta magaalada Boosaaso kasoo ilaa iyo hada aan la ogeyn qasarahiisa dhabta ah , dhanka kale waxa magaalada Baydhabo ku qabtay shir ja raaid wasiiro iyo xildhibaano ka soo jeedo beesha warsangali kuwaas oo eeda dagaalka dusha uga tuuray Jen Cadde Muuse la soco dayniile waxii dheeri ah ee ku saabsan dagaaladasi ka soo cusboonaaday deeganada Bari

www.dayniile.com

Or is it a fabrication?

Makhir why all the opinion is there armed conflict in Sanaag or not? Pictures of Casaha and Casharo will not do, who is leading these troops who are fighting, which colonel has given a press conference, how many have died from each side?

BOOSAASO : Guddiga Nabadgalyada Puntland oo beeniyay warar sheegaya in meel u dhow Boosaaso uu dagaal ku dhexmaray Ciidanka Puntland iyo Maleeshiy-beeleed

www.puntlandpost.com,

If one looks closer, who are the websites hyping things up? Dayniile, Onkod, and so on who are they serving now thats for you...

The excitement in some here betrays their intelect. Here is more news from the authorities.

Guddiga nabad gelyada Puntland oo sheegay in sal iyo iyo raadtoona aysan lahayn wararka sheegaya in dagaalo ka dhaceen Puntland

Last Updated::2006-03-21 20:01:30 E. Africa Standard Time

Bosaso:-Guddiga nabad gelyada Puntland ayaa maanta shir jara'id ay ku qabteen xarunta maamulka gobolka Bari ee magaalada Bosaso waxa ay ku sheegeen un ay sal iyo roodtoona aysan lahayn wararka sheegaya in dagaalo ay ka dhaceen Puntland

Guddigu waxa uu sheegay inwargeyska haatuf ee ka soo baxa Jamhuuriyada la magac baxday Somali Land uu baahiyay warar been abuur ah oo sheegaya in Puntland ay dagaalo ku dhex mareen meesha la yiraahdo Majiyahan ee 40 km dhinaca waqooyi kaga beegan magaalada Bosaso ciidamada Maamulka Puntland iyo maleeshiyo beeledyo ku sugan degaanadas

Wasiirka arrimaha gudaha ee Puntland Axmed Cabdi Xaabsade isla markana ah gudoomiyaha guddigan oo ka hadlay shirkan Jara'id ayaa sheegay in wararkasi aysan waxba ka jirin isla markana ay fal kinayaan kuwa jecel burburka iyo isku dirdirka dadka reer Puntland

Waxana uu sheegay in ciidamada Puntland ay ku sugan yihiin goobahas aysana wax mashaakil ah jirin

Dhamaan masuuliyinti kala duwanayd ee ka hadashay shirkan jaraa'id oo kala ahaa :

Wasiiro dawlaha amniga Cali Bureed ,Wasiir ku xigeenka arrimha Gudaha Ibraahim Xaaji Bakiin,La Taliyaha dhanka amaanka Madaxweynaha Puntland

C/laahi Siciid Samater iyo Taliyaha Ciidanka Booliska Puntland G/sare Yusuf Axmed Khayr ayaa dhamaantod ku tilmaamay wararkan kuwa ayka shaqaynayaan cadowg Puntland isla markana ay ku fashilmi doonan

HorseedNet.com

Thankful   

General Duke bro, as fellow Puntlander, I’ll try and give you information about what happened as was told to me. Your question was extremely valid and went unanswered. I mean if there was a conflict how many were wounded, what weapons were used and so on. My sources tell me that there are survey teams on the ground as we speak looking at the mineral resources over there and that there was no attack or battle that took place. There was a slight altercation where 3 boys fired in the air; I saw people firing in the air occasionally when I was there and most people that have traveled abroad know it is a common occurrence that takes place especially in Africa. But the Puntland police in that area took care of it quickly. No wounded, No Dead; as told to me.

General Duke I also heard from my sources that the President will leaving for Yemen within the next 2 hours (Isha'Allah) for a state visit and then he will go to Djibouti for another state visit, he will be accompanied by several ministers as well, Isha'Allah.

Do you think he would leave if things were as bad as certain people would want us to believe?

See in our society there are flare-ups and disputes just like any place in the world. There are also people that will want to take a minor incident and put their own spin on it. Their goal is to divide and qabiil(tribe) is their weapon; and if you look the sites that first reported it and the people commenting on it, you will see that they don't even come from these areas.

From what I’m hearing ministers will be addressing this issue.

These are the facts given to me in the area's where this very minor incident occurred from people that are there right now.

Bottom line is, it was a little problem, and the government dealt with it professionally (like so many other issues). We'll see how it unfolds, but insha'Allah Puntland will use it's ability to negotiate and resolve all it's problems peaceful, and ability that has eluded so many other areas in Somalia.