Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

The Greatest Impediment to Puntland's Progress

Xudeedi   

Adeer, the likes of Cade’s incompetence will not be tolerated and despite who you may call a president, Makhir State will be governed by its inherited tradition of independence.

PIS on the brink of collapse:

Boosaaso: Odayaasha Degmada Boosaso ee Gobolka Bari ee Maamulka Dowlada Puntland ee Somaliyeed Ayaa Kadigey Iskuday Maamulka Puntland Ku Hunguriyeyo Degaanada Boosaaso ee Shimis Iyo Majayayan Iyo Degaanka Qow ee Airporka Magaalada Boosaaso In Laga Baaro Waxa Maamulka Puntland Ugu Yeero Khayraadka ee Mudooyinkan uu Wareejinaayey. Balse uu Ku Hungoobey Kadib Markii Isku Daygii Ugu Horeyey ee Degaanka Majayahan Lagu Hunguriyey Maamulka Puntland Dharbaaxo Loma Ilaawaan Ah uu Kala Kulmay.

Odayaasha Gobolka Bari ee Dowlada Puntland ee Somaliyeed ee Gudaha Magaalada Boosaaso Kulan Balaadhan Kuyeeshay Ayaa Kadigey In Maamulka Puntland Degaanada Galbeedka Gobolka Bari ee Dowlad Goboleedka Puntland ee Somaliyeed Aanu Waxaba Kabaari Karin Khaasatan Degaanka Ceel Daahir Iyo Boosaaso Udhexeysa ee Ah 105 Mitir Ah Iyo Degaanada Qaw ee Airportiga Magaalada Boosaaso Iyo Degaanka Taageer ee Duleedka Magaalada Boosaaso Dhanka Bariga Ah Xigta Waxana Ay Odayaashu Maamulka Puntland Ugu Baaqeen In Cawaaqib Xumada Kadhalata Isku Day Degaankaas Lagu Hunguriyeyo Ay Sababeyso Degaanka Boosaaso ee Somali Iskugu Timi In Laga Kala Cararo. Xiligan oo Umada Somaliyeed Aad Utabardarantahay.

Garaad Maxamed Salaax (UUR GUB) oo Isagu Kamid Ah Odayaasha Gobolka Bari ee Maamulka Dowlada Puntland ee Somaliyeed oo Lasoo Xiriiray Dhameedkii Shirkaas Warbaahinta Lahadlay Ayaa Sheegay In Dhaq Dhaqaaq Maamulka Puntland kaSameeyo Ay Tahay Mid Soo Saro Kicineysa Dadka Degaankaas oo Xiligan Iyagu Jecel In La Taataabto Sababo Jira Dartood oo Ay Ku Tilmaameen In Maamulka Puntland Masuul Kayahay Hadhowna Aaney Masuuliyadeeda Noqon Doonin Mid Fududo oo Ay Meteli Doonaan Shaqsiyaad Maamulka Puntland Kujira Balse Shacabka Degaanka Gobolka Bari Ay Sababi Karaan In Maamulka Puntland Ay Iska Xakameeyen Iyadoo Awooda Shacabka Degaankaasi Aaney Yareyn oo Aaney Jiri Karin Awood Ladhigta oo Loogu Babac Dhigo Hadaaney Qorshe Macan Gagnimo Ah Ahayn.

Odayaasha Gobolka Bari ee Dowlada Puntland Ayaa Hadalkooda Ku Qayaxay In Aaney Metelin Shaqsiyaadka Maamulka Puntland Kujira oo Degaankaas kasoojeeda Ayna Degaanka Metelaan oo Keliya Bulshada Rayidka Ah oo Iyagu Xaq uleh In Ay Markasta Degaankooda Cowga Dhow Iyo Mid dheerba Ka Ilaashadaan Ayna Maamulka Puntland Arin Qalafsan oo Aan Dawadeeda Lahelin Noqoneyso In Beeshaasi Awalka Maamulka Puntland Wax Katabaneysey Ay Orimohooda Soogalaan Odayaasha Ayaa Intaas Kudaray In Maamulka Puntland Ay Isha Keliya ee uu Kutaagan Yahay Boosaaso tahay Boosaasona Ay Habeen Laysku Maandhaafo Kusinantahay .

Odayaasha Gobolka Bari Ayaa Sheegay In Falkii Kadhacay Degaanka Ceeldaahir ee Gobolka Bari Ay Dagaal Horseedkii Uarkaan islamarkaana Si Wada hadal la Aan Ah Ay kusiidaayaan Wiilasha Yar Yar ee Degaankaas Laga Sooxaday Waxana Ay Kubaaqeen In Beesha Ay Metelaan Ay Dagaal Markan Ay Uarkaan In Ay Xaq uleeyihiin Mudo 13 Sano Ahna Ay Xeerinayeen Walaltinimada Balse Dagaal Labada Beelood Isku Arkaan uu Dhici Doono Waqti Aan Sidaa udheereyn,

Ugu Dameyntii Odayaasha Ayaa Bulshada Gobolka Bari ee Degaankaas Ugu Baaqay In Degaankooda Ay Cadaan iyo madowba Kadifaacdaan Lana Dagaalamaan Maamulka Puntland oo Ay ogaadaan Awoodooda In Ay Tahay Mida Kaliya ee Jirta Cidkalena Aaney Talo kaweydiin Hanaanka Maamul Iyo Jiritaanka Degaankooda.

Ceerigaabonews/desk Boosaaso puntland Somalia

Maxamed Aamin Yare.

Thankful   

I know you are convinced that Cade was incompetent and now it's Osman Diyano who is the bad guys. But this has nothing to do with the PIS, Cade or anything else. It has to do with Qabiil, and that is perfect for Osman Diyano. Plays right into his hands, if you attack him as a person and his record that is one thing, but attacking the PIS and accusing it of being made up of one qabiil, when it's second in command is not from Bari, is rubbish!

We will see the outcome of new and never ending Maakhir complaints this time.

Cowke   

Xudeedi, funny u say the PIS is on the verge of collapse yet you open a whole thread just talking about them? Don't you see a problem with that? If something is dead you don't talk about it. Lol

Secondly, The PIS is serving the community the best way it can. For example do you want to see a repeat of bossaso terrorist attack in 2008? Well the people of bossaso surely don't.

You see those clans from waciye, dhahar, qandala are clans who are very anti puntland and will even go to the extent to invite enemies of puntland inside the cities to harm the state. The PIS is making sure they don't get that opportunity. Farole knows this and that is why he doesn't say anything.

The people of qandala, waciye, and dhahar in the past used to work with islamist al-itihaad as it is very well known, and they will work with them again just because of the bitterness they have towards the puntland administration.

Those people love to turn this into a clan thing but the PIS is pre-dominately made up of 1 clan that is true but they don't tell you why. It's because that clan is the only clan that "100% puntland" and will do whatever it can to make sure puntland remains. Where-as those clans who are crying are working against puntland in more ways then anyone cares to report on the media.

I hope i cleared that up for you.

Ps: Don't bring cade into this sxb. I am sure you would love us to keep giving abdullahi yusuf $300 million from the bossaso tax so it can go to wars against hamar and hargeisa yet not have 1 institution in place in puntland. Ask yourself have u ever seen your hero abdullahi ever build a school? a hospital for the sick? a road for the people to drive on? or anything that necessitates basic human living conditions? sxb when ubdullahi was in power we were living like animals. Today we live as humans. That is what cade did.

:D Waryee Xudeydi, warnimanka ka daa... PIS is in deep shit.

If the PIS was not from one clan proprietorship, out of all Puntlanders in SOL, Cowke and Thanksp (who strictly hail from Qardho) wouldn’t get fired up. Jecliyaayeey, Jabhadu Jecliyaayee :D

Xudeedi   

Koore: Cowke is quite a character, but definitely not from Qardo.

Cowke,

you are as baffled about the regions you allege to be from as I am about hockey. Your lack of comprehension, narrow outlook and your claim to be from Qardo has disturbed SOL’ers in every aspect. The Haylaan community headed by Coronel Ducaale defeated the Al-itaxaad movement in Bari. However, I would not expect you to know that but what I would suggest to you is “learn from the sideline while grown folk’s converse”.

Thankful   

Originally posted by Koora-Tuunshe:

:D
Waryee Xudeydi, warnimanka ka daa... PIS is in deep shit.

If the PIS was not from one clan proprietorship, out of all Puntlanders in SOL, Cowke and Thanksp (who strictly hail from Qardho) wouldn’t get fired up. Jecliyaayeey, Jabhadu Jecliyaayee
:D

You are attacking the PIS because it's leader is from a certain clan, this article makes it quite clear because it is attacking a tribe. You can accuse me of defending it because I hail from Qardho, but I can also accuse you of attacking leader whether it be PIS or the former admin because they come from Qardho. This is a problem that goes back before Cade came to Puntland.

I welcome change in leadership of the PIS, let someone from anywhere in Puntland take over. But I do not welcome your calls for having it shut down!

Like i've said, if you want to attack the PIS and it's leadership do it, but dont make it into a qabiil thing.

Thankfulsp: no one here is attacking the PIS because of their clan. It is their action that people are condemning. Initially, the PIS were created for the good intentions, and later on they started to serve the purpose of one sub-clan. PIS needs to be reformed, if you care about Puntland.

Somalia was destroyed by people who have Cowke’s clannish mentality. He is classical example of “me against my brother”. I would advice both of you to open your eyes wide and have an open discussion with your fellow Puntlanders, and for once leave your Qabil shirt outside SOL.

Thankful   

But the whole article talks about qabiil, almost every paragraph mentions the attacks on Reer Maakhir from the tribe of the PIS. Even though the second in command of the PIS is not from Bari.

If they were to attack the PIS and it's leader bringing up examples, then that would be understandable. To attack the PIS and say they are being used as a tool by one tribe to dominant another is going overboard.

I'll leave it at this though, I am certain that making this into a tribe thing like this article is doing is exactly what Osman Diyano wants. It gives him more support. He will turn around and say it is not me they are against, it is bigger than me. They attack anyone of us who is in charge.

You'll see.

NASSIR, good topic!.

Awoowe, the troubling monologues of the last few months would have been typical in the unsentimental era of the civil-war. As one distinguished expat put it privately, with the election of Faroole, citizens got a shimmering glimpse of a new mutation bodily resembling the hardened men of old(Read: Yeey), yet bizarrely different and unable to keep pace with the shifting sands of tribal politics.

The unintended (or intended) consequence of the recent events --- be it security, SSC, PIS exploits, Galkacyo instability or otherwise --- is the ever dwindling confidence of Puntlanders in Faroole’s leadership. If public relations calamity could kill, Faroole would be on death bed suffering from a metastasized infirmity. Such characterization may sound slightly iniquitous, but the rampant insecurity and clan bickering, reminiscent of a much different period we all thought was behind us, has truly left a severe dent on the president’s authority and influence inside and outside of Puntland. In the Diaspora world, the brazen rebukes (many of them private) coming from irritated Punties, disgusted by all that has happened since Faroole's inauguration, would be unflattering for anyone, let alone a politician known to relish in the glare of positive publicity. Uncertain will be, whether Faroole as a politicians would ever be able to penetrate past the harsh label of "failed leader".

The persistent criticism of the PIS, coming from different communities, is a legitimate concern. No one should dismiss the cries of the locals and their stinging denunciation of the PIS actions as “wining” for such would be seen as legitimizing potential abuse. I have always thought it is never a great design to farm-out vital state responsibilities such as security to self-governing security entities with little or no governmental oversight. Such novelty takes integrity away from the local law enforcement groups and further antagonizes the very communities the state is trying to bring under its sphere of influence. If latest turn of events tell us anything, it is that the very unit the state put its bet on, the PIS that is, is increasingly inept and highly unable to assist the admin get a good grip on security. Instead, the PIS tactics have conjured up, in the minds of many citizens, an image of Puntland which is quite Pashtuni. It is commonly seen as a Blackwater vehicle for sub-clan domination. The unit’s sole contribution, aside from the clandestine raids, has been the estrangement of a number of communities and the disturbance of the always delicate equilibrium of tribal loyalty to the state. That Faroole has no direct control over the core duties of the PIS was never a secret, but what is quite intriguing is the mere longevity of an organization so clearly unable to bring any tangible progress on security to the table. What are the PIS’s real accomplishments?

On the issue of Galkacyo, it is fair to conclude the security crisis is unparalleled in almost decades. But Galkacyo is very resilient and it streets have seen much worse. Despite the recent setbacks, all agree that an alternative grassroots course of dialogue is worth pursuing for it has the best likelihood of rectifying the troubling new reality facing both communities. The city may need imposing initiatives in the long run, but it is now prudent to experiment tentative solutions both sides can participate in. The grievances of the Southern Galkacyo community as it relates to the recent “balbalooyin” exploits by the new Mayor must be addressed fairly. Equally important is how the elite class of Southern Galkacyo , in light of recent events, alter the old reality of Galmudug as an ineffective admin incapable of forcefully engaging the few assassins holed up in civilian homes targeting citizens and authority of both sides. The city as a whole may have lost much of its rickety peace recently, but South Galkacyo will bear the brunt of any volatility if it still maintains its status as the secret den of mischief-makers most of whom from far away constituencies. The citizens, discontented with the new reality as they may be, ought to fully comprehend the price both sides pay if cooler heads don’t prevail in peace.

All in all, the buck stops with the president, and he needs to articulate new array of initiatives to keep Puntland citizens safe. The same old approaches are noticeably unsuccessful and faltering.

PS: nomads, let us focus on the administration, its successes, its failures and the challenges ahead. That is a better road for valuable discussion.

Cowke   

Thankfulsp. The PIS is something that cut down for our people, don't make any apologies to anyone about it. You see the people of karkaar showed patriotism untill 2002 when the whole of puntland attacked us. For what? because jamac ali jamac was ELECTED by the people. This is a fact. Why didn't your so-called people respect the voices of the elders? where was their puntland shirt? total nonsense.

The PIS is ours and will remain ours as security against "immature" and "unpatriotic" puntlanders who just care for clan. We won't make the same mistake twice, that is for certain!!!!

As for the colonel ducale. Funny you mention him, when his people were crying for him in Erigavo in the early 90's, where was he? Yet you are trying to convince SOL that he defended distant clan areas??? who are you trying to sell that cheap argument to.

Xudeedi, i know you would love to claim me as another clan because it disturbs you that a 24 year old can be so bright, but that is the qardho touch. I am politically in-tune because by the time i am 40 I will be leading puntland.

Som@li   

Thanks Nassir, A great article, and it is true , there is underlying problem, which Faroole is doing nothing about it, and if it continues,It will bring more problems to the region.

PIS AKA Ashaahadu La dirir must be stopped before it is too late.

Thankful   

Cowke, I am not apologizing. I think the article is garbage. It is talking about one qabiil accusing another one of oppressing them and it is threatening war! This type of mentality is what is impeding Puntland, not the PIS.The PIS is the reason why we are not like Mogadishu! We see this among many Somalis, attacking all forms of government and the security apparatus. It like they want to live in anarchy forever. There is a large segement of our population that live in the Diaspora that want Puntland to not have peace, i suspect from articles like this it is because of qabiil. They are attacking the government and now the PIS because that is what is holding the state together.

Pressure Ilko-Jiir, who is your highest representive in the government and Faroole to change the PIS, but Puntlands security is the most important goal and no one is above the law.

NASSIR   

You wlc Dabshid.

LST, we concur on many points.

Aside from the topic I am a passionate advocate of a seperate, transitional self-administering states for reer Maakhir and Sool as recognized by the UNISOM once in 1994. This goal if achieved would eliminate the uncereminious label of "disputed regions", which would then engender a culture of transperancy, accountability, good governance, and democratic leadership to take firm roots in these regions. It will also reverse the socio-economic ramifications that the skepticism of outside donors express toward the uncertainty of the local security guarantees.

Thanksful, The article is not about a certain clan, it's about informing the western donors of such entities as PIS stand for and of the consequences of their target policies. If war were to be waged, PIS won't stand a day but that is one of the hidden agenda that can be learned from its actions through the policy direction of its leadership and structure. It has to be reformed or and its mandate of autonomy from the parliament phased out.

Som@li   

Nassir, That is why Puntland never hard my support,Building state for Maakhirs is the answer, and there is no other way smile.gif

Originally posted by ThankfulSP:

Pressure Ilko-Jiir, who is your highest representive in the government and Faroole to change the PIS, but Puntlands security is the most important goal and no one is above the law. [/QB]

You must be very naive to think the faith of all Makhiris is decided by Ilko Jiir, Adeer PIS is not solution but part of the problem.

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

The persistent criticism of the PIS, coming from different communities, is a legitimate concern. No one should dismiss the cries of the locals and their stinging denunciation of the PIS actions as “wining” for such would be seen as legitimizing potential abuse. I have always thought it is never a great design to farm-out vital state responsibilities such as security to self-governing security entities with little or no governmental oversight. Such novelty takes integrity away from the local law enforcement groups and further antagonizes the very communities the state is trying to bring under its sphere of influence. If latest turn of events tell us anything, it is that the very unit the state put its bet on, the PIS that is, is increasingly inept and highly unable to assist the admin get a good grip on security. Instead, the PIS tactics have conjured up, in the minds of many citizens, an image of Puntland which is quite Pashtuni. It is commonly seen as a Blackwater vehicle for sub-clan domination. The unit’s sole contribution, aside from the clandestine raids, has been the estrangement of a number of communities and the disturbance of the always delicate equilibrium of tribal loyalty to the state. That Faroole has no direct control over the core duties of the PIS was never a secret, but what is quite intriguing is the mere longevity of an organization so clearly unable to bring any tangible progress on security to the table. What are the PIS’s real accomplishments?

That was my comment on the PIS last year. The same issues still haunt the citizens.

What is the solution yaa jamacah?