Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Why Osmaniya Script (Somali historic script) hasn't been adopted as official?

Gabbal   

yet you always identified yourself as Rer Galgudud not Rer Mudugh till well over Abdullahi Yusuf's election to president of Somalia.

I just found it rather remarkable, that's all mate

:confused: Mindaa xalay ayaad bahashii macaneed soo kabatay. :rolleyes:

I putGalgadud as my location, because thats were Cabudwaq is; in Galgadud :eek: However culturally there is no such thing as rer Galgadud, and as I was speaking of my culture within the Somali culture, i.e reer Mudugnimo, it has nothing to do with the administrative Mudug of today but of the historical region redface.gif

And to say you're reer Mudug because of your qabiil, and Rahima is not because of her qabiil seems to be childs talk.

To be speaking frankly your qabiil, not even your qabiil, your laf, only occupies a very small part Mudug, and that's if I'm speaking frankly ;):D

When did I say Rahima is not Rer Mudugh because of her qabiil?

Anyway as I said earlier I found it to be remarkable that people are in line parading "I'm Rer Mudugh hooray!" now that a Rer Mudugh is the president of Somalia. I could be wrong, you tell me mate.

My subclan occupies the largest part of Mudugh compared to other subclans in the whole Mudugh region. Just because our part of Mudugh is just a part of our main tribal land doesn't mean we're less Rer Mudugh than the ones whom have no land outside Mudugh.

Lest not forget there's a large difference between Rer Woqoyi and Rer Mudugh. The Rer Woqoyi even from different tribes live in peace and intermarry. The Rer Mudugh only live in peace and intermarry when they're from the same tribe.

I'm just proud I'm from the hilly side of Mudugh that flows to the hills and mountains up north.

Being stubborn is not a Rer Mudugh trait, being proud as I am however is indeed a Rer Mudugh trait.

Jumatatu   

^^^^Is this guy for real..? Or is he typically another mentally disoriented tribalist Somali .

And for your info Ex-WD no one in his right mind will associate himself with C/llahi Yusuf.

Rahima   

Nationalist, instead of having this pre-occupation with our location choices, best you get pre-occupied with your choice of name ;) , you are anything but a Nationalist (and that is to say the least).

Secondly, I asked HA to borrow his tag because as I saw it it took a lighthearted jab at Mudug smile.gif , a region where it’s people are so proud of nothing more than a few small cities surrounded by land which is basically desert-like (I was hoping to erase the stereotype of the reer Mudug individual, not all of us are obsessed with qabiil, faan and are arrogant ;) ). I shall be honest; I could not care anymore/any less (depending on how you look at it) about Mudug than any other region-aside from Xamar perhaps, considering that I was born and raised there (at least for part of my childhood).

Also, I would want no association with CY, walaahi I would feel ashamed to have any association with such a person, unlike you who would probably follow him into an endless pit for the sake of tribal loyalty. I feel ashamed that I have to share relations with some of Somalis biggest warlords/turned president (be they CY, Caydiid or Caato). I take no pride in it and seek refuge in Allah from any association with them. Why on this earth would I want anything to do with blood suckers? These people are the lowest of all Somalis, is this something to be proud of? Might be for some, but for even the half-brained individual this is a clear insult.

Lastly, I suggest that you get out in the wider Somali community ;) -you might then start to understand that you or the tribe that Allah chose you to be born of (you talk as if you worked for the “reward†:rolleyes: -horta do you believe your BS walaal :confused: ?) are any more important than any other person or any other tribe.

And whilst we are at it, dude why would I feel this hunger for “Rer Mudughnimoâ€, by Somali standards you are no more reer Mudug than I am, hence what excludes you from such a thing? Once upon a time I used to say that I was reer Xamar, but was told to stick to my desert land; hence out of embarrassment I have resorted to this ;) . Like I said to Smith, I would of have preferred to be from more exotic locations like Barava and Jamama, qabiil is almost of no value to some (I know that is a surprise for an individual such as yourself, but you better believe it).

Juma, dear boy you're the least of all who has the right to call another tribalist. Opposing a government because the president happens to be from a certain qabiil, while for many unfortunate Somalis whom don't live in a cozy house in London, it's their last and only hope to a future.

About this WD ghost you seem to mistake me with. Don't go there mate.

Gabbal   

Lest not forget there's a large difference between Rer Woqoyi and Rer Mudugh. The Rer Woqoyi even from different tribes live in peace and intermarry.
The Rer Mudugh only live in peace and intermarry when they're from the same tribe.

Oh wow here goes the assumptions, why don't you ask Smith and Rahima that :confused: I'm sure they have a thing or two to tell you about the inter-marriage part. :D

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Nationalist:

Opposing a government because the president happens to be from a certain qabiil

Lool WD ! and what do you call supporting a president cause of your tribal affiliations to him...patriotism I guess.... :D:D

Nationalist, brother keep up the struggle. However reer Mudug are not bad people nor any other reers so move of the topic. people are trying to corner you son.

Juma, you a joke brother all your post are C/Y is this and that and blah, blah, you must be suffering bad..I told you before lay of the President he won fair and square.

Rahima, my sister quite a disapointment of late.

Horn how you doin.....

Rahima   

Rahima, my sister quite a disapointment of late.

Why, because I am not blinded by loyalty to land :rolleyes: ? I don’t have to praise Mudug more than any other region because I was told it is where I am from. When i see good i shall comment regardless of region, but i refuse to blind follow.

If this disappoints you Smith, then too bad icon_razz.gif

BN   

Originally posted by Rahima:

I would of have preferred to be from more exotic locations like Barava and Jamama, qabiil is almost of no value to some...

Let me say for the record, I think Rokko will agree, that Bari is as exotic if not more so than those places you listed. Bandar Beyla is just one example.... :D

banderbayla23.JPG

Source: Bari Tourism Board

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

To be speaking frankly your qabiil, not even your qabiil, your laf, only occupies a very small part Mudug, and that's if I'm speaking frankly.

If that is indeed your frankness, I hope to see less of it. I don't see what you are attempting to gain from such remarks other then further agitating/continuing the sideways direction of this debate...just a bit of advice mate. :D

Smith, brother I honestly have no problems with Horn nor Rahima. Perhaps my remark about Barahley went out of line, but since they are proud Rer Mudugh, I assumed they would know that Rer Mudugh take pleasure out of teasing and tease back when teased. Kind of a test really. And unfortunately Rahima failed miserably, but Horn was ok.

Bari Nomad, yes indeed mate Bari is quite the exotic paradise the average human being would be longing for. Hope that Bari stays a secret paradise. We don't want to be invaded, do we mate?

:D

juba   

wasn't this debate about the osmaniya script?? you guys are getting a little of topic arent you?

anyway, i think thats its great we, at a time, had our own writin language and sad that we lost it. i think it would be best to bring it back not as the national writing language but as something to know as part of our culture. it is unfortunate that we replaced this script with latin letters or in my opinion western writing but a little fortunate too because latin writing will benifit us more in this Western dominated world.

somalis will not only learn english easier but can use the internet

which are becaming important skills in todays society.

in conlusion it is best to accomadate both languages in our lives but to keep in mind which one is the most important.