Sign in to follow this  
BN

Somali President's Acceptance Speech(Audio)

BN   

For those that didnt have the luxury of STN, a few words from our new President Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed to the parliamentarians, dignitaries, and all Somalis. I felt it was quite good.

Click Here to Listen

Gabbal   

I concede this is the first time I've even heard Abdulahi Yusuf's voice, and even though he wasn't my choice, I have to say I'm impressed.

He has been elected and anything is better then anarchy. May he uphold the rule of law with justice for his 5 years in power.

BN   
It was the first chance I have had to listen to his oratory abilities in the English language. Considering his age and the long voting process, he performed well. The speech was very humble, gracious, and compelling. Let us hope he follows through on his promises.

Rokko   

Bari, I am thinking the dude translating is someone else na'mean. i could be wrong.

Presidents usually make big speaches in their own language even though they know english na'mean.

BN   

That might explain the slight british accent... :D

It was none the less a good speech.

Salaan...

Bari, see camal duqa! Can't you differentiate between the two voices, one strong with xabeeb, the other simple accented English.

I believe the turjumaan's voice was that Max'ed Cabdi Afey guy, you know kan dowlada Kenya shirka u qaabilsan.

Cawralo   

What's up with the love declaration? How is that relevant?! "Waxaan ku dadaalayaa saxiibnimadeyna"..do I smell nepotism..I think I do. It's true what they say.."the ppl get the leader they deserve" :( "Dalalka aanu walaalaha nahay aanu dariska nahay". WTF?! A traitor for a ppl of traitors.

Rahima   

Cawralo, i guarantee you that almost all of the candidates would of have said the exact same thing.

Trust me, the leader was always going to be a xabash lover (the US and Ethiopia made sure of it), just have a look at the winner and the runner up.

Anyway enough of it really, we are in a situation of mere submission :D . Alas this is our fate ;)

BN   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Can't you differentiate between the two voices, one strong with xabeeb, the other simple accented English.

Iga raali ahow; Waxay aheed habeen bar :D