Sign in to follow this  
Umm al_khair

a lady in her 70 had just taken her shahadah.

A spanish lady in her 70 had just taken her shahadah at london reagent park masjid. subahanala words cant even express the emotion and feeling of just watching someone take their shahadah espacially when it is an old person in their 70.

OG Moti   

Inaka lan tahdii man Ahbabta Walikana Allah Yahdii man Yashaa, MashaAllah...Allahuma Ihdinaa wa ahdi Ahlanaa wa Ah umata Muhamad Jamii'an,

"Minkum man yaguruhu Allahu ilal Jana bihablin"

She is one of those Allah pulls them to Janah, mashaAllah, What a Lucky Soul, Allahuma Zidnaa Islaamaa wa Zid umul Al Sab'iin Iimaanaa, Aamiin..

Originally posted by ukthi muslimah:

A spanish lady in her 70 had just taken her shahadah at london reagent park masjid. subahanala words cant even express the emotion and feeling of just watching someone take their shahadah espacially when it is an old person in their 70.

That is unique and lucky... smile.gif

S.O.S   

This is a chilling reminder of how Allah, in His Mercy, causes someone to enter the light of Islam, after a lifelong imprisonment in actions of disbelief and darkness (becoming the dwellers of paradise). And how He causes, in His Justice, others to die upon the actions of disbelief and darkness, after a lifelong of having been Muslims and doing righteous deeds (thus becoming the dwellers of hellfire!).

If you think that you are a Muslim and therefore save, think again, because no one is!

WCWW

Originally posted by Shams-ud-Din:

This is a chilling reminder of how Allah, in His Mercy, causes someone to enter the light of Islam, after a lifelong imprisonment in actions of disbelief and darkness (becoming the dwellers of paradise). And how He causes, in His Justice, others to die upon the actions of disbelief and darkness, after a lifelong of having been Muslims and doing righteous deeds (thus becoming the dwellers of hellfire!).

If you think that you are a Muslim and therefore save, think again, because no one is!

WCWW

there is a Hadith which says, that "a person may behave like the people of paradise until there is but an arm's length between him and it, and that which has been written overtakes him and so he behaves like the people of hell-fire and thus enters it." The same thing applies in reverse, ensuring heaven for a person who does good only at the last stage of his life, having been an evildoer for a very long time

Masha Allah, I have seen many people who have converted, I even took my nieghbour to the Mosque and she was converted, her baby was also converted to Islam. Unfortunately many new converts have little guidance afterwards, they are new they need to learn, but the help is not available. I ran into her at Bus stop in Montreal in my old block she told me that she wasn’t’ practicing anymore, because she did not know many things. I used to help her, because one day she walked in my apt and saw me praying, than she began asking me questions on daily basis, and then one day she was like I’m ready, so we went to the Mosque and she converted.

When she was converted, I told the sheik she needed help and a sister from the community should be assinged help her out, teach her and show her things, he said they would get someone. I guess that never happened. :mad:

I gave her my number and told her not to give up, and that i would find her a sister to show her the ropes.

Mashallah, Allah saves who He wants but that doesntt mean we shouldnt try to save our souls.

Animal Farm, Im sorry to hear of the predicament of the new converts, are there any islamic library in the area where she could borrow vital material to learn and fortify her deen? Naam, I agree she needs a teacher but self development is still possible there are alot of visual aids available too.

What is important is to continue and not losing hope or giving up. Remember a Hadith(dont know the perfect wording) which once said it is better for a new learner to recite the Quraan incorrectly as there is more dhawab. Implying its the desire to learn and overcoming the odds with patience and practise which will bring perfection. Even a baby starts with pulling up his neck, then sits, crawls, stands with support then starts walking, determination is the key.

Mashallah, Old and saved how nice! Lately many people are reverting to Islam I guess it's probably for WWIII ( I know I am all about negativity no positive thinking)........ Or its just because more people are just confused about this world and asking for guidance from god :D , regardless I hope they all stike to the truth forever and ever till the end ( Ameen)

Congrats to all reverts around the world including that lady! Isn't it amazing though how Islam doesn't have much to go on like the other religions who have radio's, tv, newspapers, magazine all over the place. Yet Islam is the faster growing religion ( subhanallaH).

S.O.S   

Dear Animal Farm,

...one day she walked in my apt and saw me praying, than she began asking me questions on daily basis, and then one day she was like I’m ready, so we went to the Mosque and she converted.

I very much welcome the fact that you pray with open doors, and I even encourage you to do so whenever you can't make it to the mosque!

However, what worries me is this:

...her baby was also converted to Islam.

Please don't make a habit of it (there's a fair chance that it might, especially if you keep praying with open doors smile.gif ), as we Muslims don't believe in the concept of original sin, there's no need to pabtise our babies whom are still at the state of fitrah. ;)

WCWW

We lived in this building, there was a club below us, than her apt, than mine. Both of our doors were beside each other, with one main stairway entrance. So we only locked the front door, I left my apt. open most of the time. She didn’t steal from me, nor did I steal from her. She occasionally took stuff out of my apt like sugar, and etc. She also heard the Koran playing several times as well, and she would ask me what it was.

Shams-ud-Din Dully noted