Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Suicide Bombing

LX, do you doubt Bin Baaz's position on suicide

‘Abd al-Azīz Ibn Bāz on Suicide-Bombings

Question:

What is the ruling of someone committing suicide by strapping explosives to himself in

order kill a number of Jewish people?

Answer:

We have already given our opinion of this many times before that such an act is never correct because it’s a form of killing oneself and Allāh says:

And do not kill yourselves.

[surah al-Nisa 4:29]

And the prophet ( “Whoever kills himself by any means, he will be punished by it on the Day of

Resurrection.” 2

The person should rather strive and seek to guide them and if fighting is legalized and legislated, then he fights alongside the Muslims. If he’s then killed in this way, then Allāh is praised. But as for killing himself by booby-trapping his body with explosives, thereby killing others and himself, this is wrong and completely impermissible. Rather, he should fight with the Muslims only when fighting is legitimately legislated. As for the actions of (some of) the Palestinians, they are wrong and produce no benefit. Instead, it is compulsory upon them to call to Allāh by teaching, guiding, and advising and not by such actions as these.

Source: Taken from the cassette: Fatāwá al-‘Ulamā’ fil-Jihād.

You also asked the source of the fatwas I shared with you. Please refer Sharh Riyadh-us-Salihin(1/124) for Shaykh Muhammad Salih bin Uthaymin's fatwa, and Al-Fatawa al-Muhima fi Tabsir-il-Ummah, p.76 for Callaamatil Casrina Shaykh Al-Albani.

Xiinfaanin, If remember correctly you were not so concerned about the theological arguments surrounding the shababs suicide attacks against the Ethiopians forces. So why the sudden need to selectively quote certain Ulema who are against it, now that the political climate has changed?

^^Abu Fargaas, adeer this is xamlah cilmiyyah. Feel like you wanna debate? well come onboard.

Haddii kale, open another thread in Politics section and compile xiin's previous positions, and I will respond :D

Ibn al-‘Uthaymīn on Suicide-Bombings

Question:

Some people say it is permissible to carry out suicidal acts of Jihād such as they do by

rigging a car with explosives and then storming into the middle of an enemy, all the while

the perpetrator knows that he too is certain to die.

Answer:

My opinion of this is that it is nothing but suicide and that such a person will be punished

in Hell just as has been authentically reported from the prophet .

…I believe that there is no excuse for one who commits this during our time because it is

an ill-famed, modern-day form of suicide that’s become widespread among people. So as such, it is incumbent upon every person to ask the people of knowledge regarding such acts so that correct guidance may be distinguished from sin. It is amazing that these people even kill themselves (along with others) when Allāh has clearly forbidden that, saying:

And do not kill yourselves. Indeed, Allāh is merciful to you all.

[sūrah al-Nisā’, 4:29]

And most of these people want nothing more than revenge on their enemies no matter how they achieve it – whether by permissible or forbidden means. They want nothing but to relieve their thirst for revenge. We ask Allāh to give us the correct insight in applying His religion and in doing acts that please Him. He is capable of anything.

Source : Taken from a conversation with Shaykh Muḥammad Ibn Ṣāliḥ al-‘Uthaymīn published by Al-

Da’wah Magazine (issue no. 1598, 2/28/1418 Hijrah which corresponds to 7/3/1997).

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^Abu Fargaas, adeer this is xamlah cilmiyyah. Feel like you wanna debate? well come onboard.

Haddii kale, open another thread in Politics section and compile xiin's previous positions, and I will respond
:D

Sheikh, I don't think there is much of a debate going on in this thread. All of the muslims`are in consensus that killing oneself is completely prohibited in islam. There is obviously no dispute about this. However, there is a difference of opinion between the scholars about the modern day act we are discussing in this thread, LX quotes and your quotation clearly highlight this conflict of interpretation. This is all you have proved so far and many of us are already aware of the position of the scholars you posted. Now, the burden is on you to prove or convincingly demonstrate that the position of the scholars you are posting is closer to the truth or more Islamic than the ones LX quoted. I think this would make for a more interesting debate; otherwise, this whole thread will become a post a fatwa shootout between you and LX.

ps. Kashafa is probably away researching the sol database and compiling a book about your posts. :D

^^Keligii Muslims have no Muslim scholars to cite for their murderous acts. As Sheikh Uthayman says they are angry lot who would do anything to avenge regardless of whether it’s permissible or not. That is what that really is.

If you find this thread boring, why don’t you come to the other thread and defend the Keligii Muslim madness of calling other practicing Muslims murtadiin.

^^ Alabanee( even though conflicting statements are attributed to him about this issue) is not a scholar, miya? Yusuf Qardawi is not a scholar? Are they endorsing "murderous acts" too? Now, I am not saying that Uthaymeen or Ibn Baz are wrong since i'm not in a position to do so as a laymen, but it is a fact other shuyukh that disagree with them can be cited, particularly in the lands where this issue affected the most. To say that the other side can not cite any scholars to support their argument is a grossly misleading statement to make.

So can you demonstrate why the scholars you are posting are correct and the others are completely wrong on this issue or will you keep posting cherry-picked fatawas ?

On Qardaawi, read closely yaa Abu Fargas, will ye?

At the press conference held by the organizations sponsoring Qaradawi's visit to London, Qaradawi reiterated his view that Suicide attacks are a justified from of resistance to Israeli occupation. In the past, Qaradawi has justified those actions on the basis that all Israel civilians are potential soldiers since Israel is a "militarized society."

However, he is opposed to attacks outside of the Palestinian territories and on other than Israeli targets. For example, on March 20, 2005, Qaradawi issued a condemnation of a car-bombing that had occurred in Doha, Qatar the day before. One Briton, Jon Adams was killed. Qaradawi issued a statement[39] that said "Such crimes are committed by insane persons who have no religious affiliation and play well into the hands of the enemies." and "I urge all Qataris to stand united in facing such an epidemic and uproot it to nip the infection in the bud, otherwise it will spread like wildfire. I, in the name of all scholars in Qatar, denounce such a horrendous crime and pray that it would be the last and implore God to protect this secure country.".

I already posted Imam al-Albaani's position on jihad generally prohibiting it in the context of leaderless ummah.

You see you and LX want to defend certain set of views you hold dear. The Sunni scholars, the ones the world knows and respects have almost reached consensus on this act. Even Qardawi's ijtihiaad is narrow in scope permitting it in some instance and prohibiting it in others like the Qatari incident and the 9/11 attack.

More importantly you need to uderstand the reasoning behind the prohibition, the difference between iqtiham of a lone soldier, and a soucide bobmber who sets off explosives without knowing whether his targets will be killed or how many innocent lives will be lost. the only sure thing is his death.

So no ya Abu Fargas, there is no credible fatwas permitting the prevalent suicide bombing that today's takfeeri organizations employ and adopt as a convential milatery tactic.

ElPunto   

^Is that a yes you're right khalas or a stop bombarding me khalas? I'm sure Xiin won't stop till he adds your scalp to his trophy case. :D

^^Fabregas never had in it to begin with.

We have established that Suicide Bombing has no precedent in the history of Sunni Muslim wars, and that most of contemporary scholars opined that it is impermissible.

Maaddeey   

^^Sheikh Albani Raxmatullahi Calayhi, Kitaabkiisa Saxiixu Ibn Xibbaan, wuxuu ku sheegay in Camaliyaat Al- Istish-haadiyyah laga qaadan karo isagoo xadiis sharxaya, bogga & ereyada dhabta ah ma hayo, ee Sh. Laba-X ha noo raadiyo!, sidoo kale Sh. Suleeymaan Al Ulwaan -Fakka-llaahu Asrah,iney banaantahay ayuu sheegay, kadhaalika Sh. Qardhaawi.

^^awoowe adigu fulayadda fikirka baad ka mid tahay ee Political Sectionka iska joog.Halkaa aan ku jeex jeexno bahasha awoowe :D

There is no credible argument that has firm religious basis in support of the type of suicide bombings that we see in many parts of the world where large number of civilians are indiscriminately killed.

Originally posted by ElPunto:

^Is that a yes you're right khalas or a stop bombarding me khalas? I'm sure Xiin won't stop till he adds your scalp to his trophy case.
:D

Akhi, Imam Shafi'i said he never debated anyone unless he wanted them to become guided and so that they could both seek the truth. I have no problems about being wrong and having my scalp paraded, for the truth is binding upon all of us.My position on this subject is actually not that far off from Xiins position(ie. his last post on Qaradawi).

Having said that, brother LX did cite ulema like Albani, Alawan and Humaid as sources for his position. Believe me, there are also other scholars, especially those outside of Saudi and more affected by this phenomena, who also share his position. I am not going to go googling for their fatawas on this subject, but, trust me, they do exist. So do you not think you that it is somewhat misleading of the starter of this "debate" to start making exaggerating and emotional claims like this: " Keligii Muslims have no Muslim scholars to cite for their murderous acts. As Sheikh Uthayman says they are angry lot who would do anything to avenge regardless of whether it’s permissible or not. That is what that really is "?

Feb,

Again you need to read the question sheekh albaani answered. Commandos placing bombs under enemy tanks to destroy them is not a suicide bombing awoowe. albaani's position on the question of Jihaad in our time is well known.His position has been very close to what is called a- salafiyyah jadiidah, prohibiting it untill a legitimate unifying Muslim leader is in place.