Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Arab support grows $ 64 million+ troops+ Kuwait

Jumatatu   

Somalida horey waxay uu tiiri 'beeni raad maleh', sxb please supply the original press-release from the Arab league, put up or shut the the whole thing

Gabbal   

^^Nope. Mr Balkhadem said: We did not talk about sending troops at all dear.

I think you're becoming a thorn on the side of Juma Og ..... :D:D:D

OG_Girl   

^^ :D:D .Happened and accused being side kick of Mr Duke and cousins in Puntland!But to be with Juma....looooooooool A'odo bellah the answer is BIG no the guy doesn't deffer between Abdullahi Yusuf and Sayid Abdallah Hassan ;) .

I really don't take this to heart, however I occasionally attempt to criticize exaggerated or extreme opinions from both sides.

But, believe me I am my own, don't suprise if tomorrow I disagree with you ...Don't think I am taking sides icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Before I forget Sayed Amar Musa said his last speech that they decided to help Somalia, Sudan and Comoros all together with $27millions!I don't know how much from that amount will be given to Somalia.

Salam

Jumatatu   

Well according to Il-Maestro Duke and his 'resourceful' contacts Somalia will get $64 m out of the $27 mention by Amir Musa, I dont know how that adds up.... :D:D .

Horn sxb normal people have mind of their own and speak as they deem reasonable to them, not normal people like you utter things to please others simply cause they are weak. And word of advice sxb stop 'pretending'.

N.O.R.F   

Bieng a little negative here but since when did one believe what a politician/political group says?

$64m = approx £100m, how will this money be received? When? by whom? in installments? how will it be spent? who will do the spending? will the money reach where its needed? or will it go to govnt minister's newly created swiss bank accounts? when will repayments of this money begin? at what rate? at the expense of what services? :confused: :confused:

or are we going to jump for joy at an arab's promise who is more concerned with whooing the west to invest in his country because he 'helps good causes' ie Somalia which will look good on his countries CV when pressing big business/investment groups for finances. There is never a free lunch, so why expect something?

I'm a better politician than all of you put together (apart from Juma - lpool link :D )

peace

BN   

Arab states pledge 26 million dollars aid to Somalia

SGE.AXJ78.240305174257.photo00.quicklook

Abdullahi Sheikh Ismail

Arab countries pledged urgent aid of 26 million dollars to Somalia at this week's summit in Algiers, Somali Foreign Minister Abdullahi Sheikh Ismail said.

The aid "will provide a platform for the reconstruction of Somalia and material support for its constitutional bodies," he told a press conference a day after the summit closed.

Ismail said Somalia had also obtained support from the 21 other members of the Arab League for an Arab conference to draw up a plan to rebuild the lawless Horn of Africa nation.

They will help the Somali government, currently based in neighbouring Kenya Kenya because of insecurity at home, to disarm the dozens of militias in the country and join a planned multinational peacekeeping force, he said.

Ismail insisted that the government would be returning to Somalia to perform its duties "because the anarchy that reigns there now and the constitutional void benefit no one."

Somalia has been in chaos without any functioning central authority since the ouster of strongman Mohamed Siad Barre in 1991 turned the nation into a patchwork of fiefdoms ruled by feuding warlords.

Up to half a million people are estimated to have been killed as a result of mass murder in Somalia's civil and clan wars, compounded by man-made famine and diseases such as cholera and malaria.