Sign in to follow this  
MR ORGILAQE

Arab Union refuses Somaliland any Recognition

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Qudhac:

and and most importantly who cares what basal breath think anyway, how can an occupied bunch of dictators advance our democracy anyway.

Lool..! Qudhac :D Sxb this news from the Arab League was a response, so whatever your feelings are of the outcome, there must have been a request from Hargeisa to join, you disagree? icon_razz.gif

For the rest, let me just say something very honest about the whole picture as it relates to Somalia and the break-away region. NO ONE cares about Somalis! No one cares about that part of the world or has any real interest in desert of the Somali peninsula. The industrialized world hardly cares about the third world, and the third world has enough problems of its own. smile.gif

Despite what our pro-secessionists are alleging, it is severly natural for the secessionist region to go after the Arabs, because (1.) Ethiopia has publicly announced it will never forward recognition while the secessionist president was in attendence, and (2.) the Arabs are the only ones who have a keen interest in the Somali affairs. It's obvious the secessionist state was looking for a very exemplery moment to sell their idea. What better moment then in the preparations of a homegrown, comendable election? The Arabs have made their stance clear now that they have been asked so, and have now closed that door on the secessionist entity.

We are Somalis. Our pride, glories, greats, etc are only visible in the Somali world and only to our eyes. We live in our own higly proud world as Somalis and we need to realize the world is hardly paying attention and hardly cares. Furthermore, I don't know but it's obvious the international community is hardly looking to be confronted with another starving, aid-seeking, Somali or African state unless they hold any real genuine interest there.

That explains the minimal participation of the international community in the greater Somali peace reconciliation and its almost absence from the decade+ secessionist seeking region.

^^ I agree on the "no one cares" comment

The Arabs had refused many times many things about the Somalis. While their refusal of granting recognition to either Somaliland or other parts of Somalia (namely TNGs) is understandable, I can't see why they're still refusing to buy our livestock for example Or even lend us a badly needed hand in other humaniterian fields like doctors, teachers...

Gabbal   

^^It's quite simple really. The Arabs are looking out for their interest! The Arabs, led by Egypt, are trying to strongly curtail any influence or power the Ethiopian state can have over the Horn and in particular the Nile. The Arabs believe that buying livestock from the secessionist state would be tantamount to encouraging their bid and also would provide revenues to go about that secessionist attempt. The Arabs do not have to buy livestock from the Somalis, so why should they do so if it endangers their regional political aspirations?

Because they care about the poor man in the hawd whose one source of income is selling off his livestock? Get real, like I said NO ONE cares about us and we had better start realizing that.

P.S I honestly believe, from my real life observances, that the idea of breaking-away is really loosing hold on a good number of "Somalilanders" folks. I truly believe with the right government and with the right situation in the former Italian Somaliland, the unity of the Somali Republic can rise out of this ashes much more stronger. Time will tell...

I agree with Suldanka while they dont recognise why not at least help develop that part of Somalia as the North West has been a peaceful and promising area. Recognition is not everyhting, there has been no central government for 14 years and the Arab league should have taken that into consideration when dealing with Somaliland.

So lets not lose focus on our own squable Somaliland should have been supported more the past decade..

I see allot of people still have an active imagination.

Somaliland is gone deal with it.

Even if every country refuses to recognise us, and somalia creates some sort of government,

we will still be independant.

To hell with the arabs, whoever places any importance to their recognition is deluded.

a new generation of somalilanders who grew up without the yoke of somalia, and they consider unity a bad word.

The Arabs believe that buying livestock from the secessionist state would be tantamount to encouraging their bid and also would provide revenues to go about that secessionist attempt

That might have been the case during Djibouti's Artha process, when the Arab backed Abdiqasim led government came out.

In fact, the banning of Somaliland's livestock was directly related to Somaliland's refusal to part take in the Artha process. Djibouti's Ismail Omar Geelle was the culprit that diplomatically courted the Arabs to ban the Somali livestock. And because the bulk of Somali livestock is shipped through Berbera Port, that was designed to ultimately bring Somaliland to its knees.

But now that Somalia(proper) is under an indirect Ethiopian rule, that old political position becomes obsolete and wouldn't hold much water.

I honestly believe, from my real life observances, that the idea of breaking-away is really loosing hold on a good number of "Somalilanders" folks

I say the opposite is the current trend sxb... :D

NGONGE   

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

P.S I honestly believe, from my real life observances, that the idea of breaking-away is really loosing hold on a good number of "Somalilanders" folks. I truly believe with the right government and with the right situation in the former Italian Somaliland, the unity of the Somali Republic can rise out of this ashes much more stronger. Time will tell...

If this is true then the people you speak about have smelt some money and opted to go south for the cash.

Talk to them and find out details, saaxib. Ask them what exactly is on offer?

I’m a Somali and you’re a Somali and we know that Somalis don’t just change their minds for no reason, saaxib. It has to be money (oodles and oodles of money). Why else would your Somaliland friends decide to forsake the ‘dream’ and go back to Cabdullahi Yusuf’s non-existent government? It just does not add up, saaxib.

My sources tell me (i.e. waxa la yedhi) that there is a high level delegation from Xamar visiting the Somaliland capital (secretly of course) this week. Allegedly, they are going to offer his excellency; president of presidents; caaqil of caaqils; first man of Somaliland; the honourable Mr Dhaahir Riyaale control of the whole of the former republic of Somalia, in return for a pledge to leave them alone to control Xamar in whatever way they want.

Apparently, the president of Somaliland is already aware of their offer and very angry at their presumed impertinence. However, the rules of hospitality and generosity prohibit him from chopping their heads off and displaying them in the Hargeisa market. Therefore, he agreed to meet these delegates and play the diplomatic game.

:D

iam just amazed about these whole issue of the secessionists claiming that they want to break-away from the rest of Somalia.

my question is who is hoding you fugitive walaalyaal? let's us for once speak the truth. the most amazing thing i want to know is from whom are you running away? is it certain individuals, groups or whole clans.

you claim that you want to break-away becaue of the mistreatment you suffered in the hands of other Somalis, i can understand that you say that your cities have been bombed and countless civilians some say 50.000 innocent people lost their life but if it is the case then you can break-away sxbyaal.

The only issue i've with you is that hargaysa and burco have been bombed and that laacaanood and ceerigaavo must also break-away with us. I can't recall in my memory that laascaanood and ceerigaavo have been bombed by the somali airforce and certainly i can't recall people from sool and sanaag (eastern part) have been mistreated so why should they in your opinion break-away with you.

One more thing is that you Hargaysa, Burco and Berbera triangle had never ever had a common cause you strived and fought for together with the people of Sool, Sanaag and Souther Togdheer.

I'm 100% positive that there is no single event that you joined forces in the whole history of our country.

Can you name a war that you and the people of sool, sanaag and cayn had joined forces togther to achieve a common goal or ambition? Certainly I can't remember any.

The people of Buuhoodle and Mudug share not only blood but also political and military alliances and the people of SSC share with us common ancestory and blood and surely they will never ever break-away with you. No harm was enflicted on them by any Somali government so they don't need the urge to runaway. You see I don't like peple who quit because they can't approach and deal with their fear properly.

By the way the late Somali President Al-Marxuum Maxamed Siyaad Barre rahimullah did all sort of crimes to all sorts of tribes. In the late 70's it was the people of Puntland who he mistreated because he saw them as a threat. He didn't target certain Somali tribes because he didn't like them but it was part of his policy of "divide and rule". Therefore the people in the North-East decided to set up the first Somali guerilla unit after a failed coup to remove Maxamed Siaad. The jabhad has merged with another existing marxist jabjad in Aden to join forces in removing the late president and from that struggle other para military groups emerged in Ethiopia to combat and defeat the regime in Somalia.

After that finally in the year of december 1990 the whole regime has collapsed and the different guerilla army's took control of their degaans so SSDF took control of the North-East and with the SPM they also took Kismayo and surroundin areas and the USP took control of Sool and Sanaag and Cayn and your the SNM took control of their triangle after that they announced that they have parted with the rest of Somalia. While the rest were fighting to become the new leaders in Somalia some parts in Somalia stayed stable notebly Garoowe-Bosaso coridor and also the Hargaysa-Berbera-Burco corridor although some fights took place in the mid 90's and late 90's.

I was listening to some types where a guy in 2003 made a speech in Hargaysa where he told the masses that they have to be proud of their country and it's history he mentioned SNM which was founded in 1981/2 but it's fine with me, he also mentioned Michael Maryama which i thought to myself how can you be proud of him a guy who was born muslime but who susequently became a chrisitan this guy really deserves to be killed under islamic shaariicah law becaue he was born a muslim and changed his name and religion to become a chrisitan for the exchange of some worldly comforts he got from his new masters the british.

My conclusion is that the people who are trying to divide Somalia are people with low-selfesteem who are running away from something which we don't know yet and from which they are really afraid off. You face your challenges but certainly you don't run away from them because you can't handle the reality and truth.

That's my contribution to this issue folks, feel free to reply...

Marechal Patrice de Mc Mahon , president of France{ 1873-1879} once said " Donner le temps de parole a un imbecile c'est comme donner de la confiture aux cochons "

Lays kama hadlee , waa inu hadalkaagu dhuux yeesha.

The history of the past 20 years in Somalia , is a well documented matter , therefore I don't see the need to extrapolate nor to put my spin on it.

he also mentioned Michael Maryama which i thought to myself how can you be proud of him a guy who was born muslime but who susequently became a chrisitan this guy really deserves to be killed under islamic shaariicah law becaue he was born a muslim and changed his name and religion to become a chrisitan for the exchange of some worldly comforts he got from his new masters the british

Mid haan ku sheego , nin muslin ah baad isku sheegtay , dad aad war uu haynna xantoodi baad inoola timid.

Michael maryama , catholic missionka Berbera kuu tiil waagi ingirisku dhulka haystay , ayu ku dhashay kuna soo koray.

Moreover, adigu Ilaahi dadka xisaabinayay ma tihid , ciddina kumay dirsan inaad wixi gaal ah soo layso.

Iska cagadhigo niyoow, mar dhow baad inagu cabaadi ood odhan maxa lay tuuray.

Micheal mariano would probably be saying to Somalilanders from his grave " I told you so".

If he wasnt too preoccupied with cadaab al qabr.

:D

Micheal marionao was the one who campaigned strongly against the rush towrds union with the south.

Hw wanted to wait a least a year when the process could be done properly and that some sort of federal arangement could be worked out.

Unfortunatley he was ignored and Egal won the debate.

Mariano was not anti-union , infact he was active in the south and helped the SYL with legal advice in the 50's.(he was a lawyer)

kidd   

Let my people GO!

Let my people dream!

Let my people accomplish!

We don't know where we're going

That is why we will never going to get lost,

So Let the People of Somaliland go!

Let us Go!

Let my people GO!