Sign in to follow this  
rudy-Diiriye

Somalia: Shabelle Journalist Tortured in Mogadishu

tfg tugs on a roll!! I guess justice is not in their vocabulary...!

Shabelle Media Network (Mogadishu)

6 September 2007

Posted to the web 6 September 2007

Some TGF troops at Bakara intersection stopped Abdi Rizak Warsame, while on his way from sense of duty then confiscated his phone cell and some money in his pocket.

It was 4 20 PM local time, I wanted to go to my home, when I was passing at the Bakara junction I saw some of the TNG troops on my way to home waylaying old women, they ordered me to put up my hands and put down all what I have, I told them that I'm a journalist from Shabelle Radio, they immediately told me that I was the most wanted man, they beat me badly with their gun butts, I begged them to spare for my life, then they took my mobile phone and some money" said Warme in agony.

While Somali journalists are increasingly becoming intentional targets in recent months.

Shabelle radio Contacted with the spokesman of the TNG Police force Abdi Wahid Mohamed Hussien and asked what facts he has about this incident, Mr Wahdi expressed his sorrow what happened to Journalist Abdi Rizak Warsame and they will soon bring the wrong doers to justice.

Mr. Abdi Rizak tells to Shabelle radio that he is now in unbalanced condition both physically and mentally.

A number Journalists from Shabelle radio had been several times subjected to torture and arrests in Somalia particularly the capital Mogadishu.

Som@li   

Mr. Abdi Rizak tells to Shabelle radio that he is now in unbalanced condition both physically and mentally.

^^Very Sad.

TGF, TFG, TNG? who wrote this?